FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

hey so i got cheated on also!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
That's pretty callous dude, maybe someone he's been with for 8 years isn't that easily replaceable, even if your wife is.

yeah but the important thing is kith has established his manhood by loudly proclaiming "bitches aint shit"
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:41 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
That's pretty callous dude, maybe someone he's been with for 8 years isn't that easily replaceable, even if your wife is.

I don't think it's callous, or as Ghostnuke has to revert to his usual attacks on me with the whole 'manliness thing', it's just my opinion.
I value trust. I value trust more than a pretty face. For me trust is probably #1 on my relationship scale of 'important things you look for in a partner". Trust, intelligence, etc etc.

If a person cheats on you then you lose all trust and you will never 100% trust them again. I don't know anyone that has ever trusted their partner fully after they've been cheated on.

Why would you want to live with that??

It's not about being easily replaceable. My wife isn't replaceable. If I was cheated on, I'd rather not be with that person.
I would rather be single if need be, or take 10 years finding someone else than have the feeling of never trusting that person completely again and staying with them.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
If a person cheats on you then you lose all trust and you will never 100% trust them again.

uh, maybe for you but that's obviously not the case for eclipze. so maybe congratulate him for resolving that problem in a way that left both him and his partner happy instead of all of this stupid self-aggrandizing crap
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:08 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
quote:

I don't think it's callous, or as Ghostnuke has to revert to his usual attacks on me with the whole 'manliness thing', it's just my opinion.
I value trust. I value trust more than a pretty face. For me trust is probably #1 on my relationship scale of 'important things you look for in a partner". Trust, intelligence, etc etc.

If a person cheats on you then you lose all trust and you will never 100% trust them again. I don't know anyone that has ever trusted their partner fully after they've been cheated on.

Why would you want to live with that??

It's not about being easily replaceable. My wife isn't replaceable. If I was cheated on, I'd rather not be with that person.
I would rather be single if need be, or take 10 years finding someone else than have the feeling of never trusting that person completely again and staying with them.
how can you ever have 100% absolute trust in another person? is having that 100% absolute trust more important than someone you love, someone you married, and someone with whom you could possibly work things out - like eclipze may have done with his gf? i think a relationship can be more important to people than a mistake. that said, i think cheating is really gross and probably says some other bad things about where your relationship or your partner was when it happened, but it's not impossible to recover from. i'm not sure how realistic it is to expect everyone to always just matter-of-factly just decide "it's over" and move on.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:31 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
how can you ever have 100% absolute trust in another person? is having that 100% absolute trust more important than someone you love, someone you married, and someone with whom you could possibly work things out - like eclipze may have done with his gf? i think a relationship can be more important to people than a mistake. that said, i think cheating is really gross and probably says some other bad things about where your relationship or your partner was when it happened, but it's not impossible to recover from. i'm not sure how realistic it is to expect everyone to always just matter-of-factly just decide "it's over" and move on.

I think it's quite easy to have 100% trust in someone. It comes with a genuine relationship based on love. I'm not sure if you've been there or not and I wasn't presuming to judge eclipze or anyone else. I was just stating my opinion on the matter. I don't see how anyone could stay with someone after being cheated on.
I think it's pretty realistic to expect someone to say it's over if you've been cheated on because it shows something pretty obvious in your partners character if they cheated on you. Why would you want to stay with someone like that? Comfort? Self-esteem issues? Love? Sure, but they obviously don't love you because if they did they wouldn't have cheated on you because they know it will hurt you and you don't intentionally hurt the people you love.
You two can argue with me until you're blue in the face, but understand that on some level you're defending despicable people that cheat on others. If you're fine with that then so am I.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
quote:
If a person cheats on you then you lose all trust and you will never 100% trust them again.

uh, maybe for you but that's obviously not the case for eclipze. so maybe congratulate him for resolving that problem in a way that left both him and his partner happy instead of all of this stupid self-aggrandizing crap

I already did congratulate him when I stated that in my opinion it takes two types of people to stay and work it out with a cheater: someone very very strong, or someone very weak (ie: needing self gratification, self esteem etc).

Since I know eclipze a little bit (as in I play a HoN with him often and chat), I assumed he would know where he fit. Not that you would because you take everything on face value and turn it into a personal attack--as per usual.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:42 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
I already did congratulate him when I stated that in my opinion it takes two types of people to stay and work it out with a cheater: someone very very strong, or someone very weak (ie: needing self gratification, self esteem etc).

Since I know eclipze a little bit (as in I play a HoN with him often and chat), I assumed he would know where he fit. Not that you would because you take everything on face value and turn it into a personal attack--as per usual.

you're talking out of both sides of your mouth though. trying to say that half-hearted implied praise is you congratulating him while at the same time you say shit like:

quote:
Why would you want to stay with someone like that? Comfort? Self-esteem issues? Love? Sure, but they obviously don't love you because if they did they wouldn't have cheated on you because they know it will hurt you and you don't intentionally hurt the people you love.

which implies some pretty fucked up shit about him, his partner and his relationship. then you go on to call her a "despicable" person because she cheated lol. yeah because you're so perfect d00d

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:55 am 
Fast Luck

quote:

I think it's pretty realistic to expect someone to say it's over if you've been cheated on because it shows something pretty obvious in your partners character if they cheated on you.
That's not what I said though, I said it's not realistic to expect everyone to "matter-of-factly" say it's over, which was kind of the key part of that sentence, and a key part of my response to you, when you make it sound like it should be an easy call with no ambiguity or two ways about it for people.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:12 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
That's not what I said though, I said it's not realistic to expect everyone to "matter-of-factly" say it's over, which was kind of the key part of that sentence, and a key part of my response to you, when you make it sound like it should be an easy call with no ambiguity or two ways about it for people.

I see it differently. It would be over, 100%. I may still maintain relations with that person (friends, maybe fuck buddies?), but I would never be in a relationship with them again.

It SHOULD be an easy call. Why stay with someone that hurt you intentionally???

You can meet someone that won't--that possibility is there. If someone is beating their partner and hurting them physically should they stay with them? (Easy answer: No) If someone is emotional abusive to a partner should they stay with them? (Easy answer: No) If someone is emotional abusing a partner by sleeping around should they stay with them??

Why are you even arguing this in the first place? Were you guys cheated on? Do you think cheating is ok?? Even Eclipse said he still doesn't fully trust her and it's been 2 years. Is that healthy??

I mean wtf, I value relationships immensely, but being in an unhealthy, destructive one is totally ridiculous and a waste of time. Move on with life. Learn your lessons and give your love to someone who deserves it that won't hurt you.

I mean you guys are literally arguing that if a person hurts you intentionally, it's ok to stay with them because of "XXXXX" reasons.
Gee, must be love!

I love you so much I fucked your best friend! Sorry!

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:58 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:

Why are you even arguing this in the first place? Were you guys cheated on?
dakine's story is here, eclipze's story is here, and i think the stories make it clear these women are people they care about, not just objects that malfunctioned and can be left on the curb. "If my wife did, she'd be out the door in a second." i mean, wow dude. have YOU been cheated on? if so, were you really able to just end it for good without any doubts or second guessing? i'm not saying it isn't sometimes good advice to tell people to end it in that situation. it often is. but you compare cheating to physical and emotional abuse, well okay, it's bad, but what if it stops? what if they're remorseful and apologetic, etc? then what? i just don't see people and relationships as that disposable.
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:24 pm 
audre lorde

kith, do you think your wife would drop you and move on if you were to cheat on her? just think about that for a second.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:48 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
quote:

Why are you even arguing this in the first place? Were you guys cheated on?
dakine's story is here, eclipze's story is here, and i think the stories make it clear these women are people they care about, not just objects that malfunctioned and can be left on the curb. "If my wife did, she'd be out the door in a second." i mean, wow dude. have YOU been cheated on? if so, were you really able to just end it for good without any doubts or second guessing? i'm not saying it isn't sometimes good advice to tell people to end it in that situation. it often is. but you compare cheating to physical and emotional abuse, well okay, it's bad, but what if it stops? what if they're remorseful and apologetic, etc? then what? i just don't see people and relationships as that disposable.

:edit: I'm not arguing that these AREN'T people they care about. I'm saying that the person obviously didn't care enough about them! I've said 3 times, if a person cares for you and loves you they won't hurt you intentionally. There's nothing wrong with dakine or eclipse wanting to carry on relations with the person, but they shouldn't carry on a relationship. It's just too unhealthy--but to each their own! This is my opinion.

I don't think it's callous to dump a lying, cheating, and selfish person to the curb. I think it's callous that the person didn't have the courage to end the relationship before they went and got fucked by someone else. :end edit:

I was cheated on once when I was in my teens, nothing sexual but the intent was there and also when I was older, but she didn't confirm if it had been sexual. Both times it ended on the spot. I had second guesses on the first one because we were both young. I still talk with her to this day.

Cheating IS emotional abuse. There's no other way to argue otherwise. I don't see people and relationships as disposable either... which is why I WOULD NEVER CHEAT. If a relationship gets to a point where you have to cheat on that person then end it, and move on and stop being so selfish and hurting the person you USE to care about. The only reason people get remorseful is because they tried the "grass and it wasn't greener". They do it out of self preservation. It's rare instances where someone realizes "Hrmm maybe I shouldn't have fucked your best friend because I really do love you. Ok I can work on this with you, I won't fuck anymore people ok?"

This is such a stupid argument because you know it's gross, despicable, and you would have a hard time forgiving someone yourself and it all comes back to the fact that you would feel hurt, and not able to trust them.

Which is why I said it's pointless to continue something unhealthy where you were hurt, and can't trust someone. If you think otherwise great! Hopefully you'll never experience your g/f or wife having getting fucked by another person and saying "...but but I do love you! I just needed something more!".

Maybe you can start a relationship off by saying "Honey, just so we're clear, it's ok if you cheat on me, because I'll forgive you."

Last edited by Kith-Kanin on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:53 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by audre lorde
kith, do you think your wife would drop you and move on if you were to cheat on her? just think about that for a second.

There's nothing to think about because I would never do it. I'm not a selfish scumbag that craves other woman for sexual gratification. I enjoy what I have immensely. What an asinine question.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:56 pm 
Paper_Boy

What if you stranded on a dessert island for 10 years with 8 tropical super models and just yourself. And you knew your wife was stranded on a tropical island with 10 super models & Kenny Chesney. If you trully cared for her happiness, you would want her to be physically fullfilled during your time apart! Doesn't take away from the bond or connection you have

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:

There's nothing to think about because I would never do it. I'm not a selfish scumbag that craves other woman for sexual gratification. I enjoy what I have immensely. What an asinine question.

nice dodge asshole lol

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:59 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

"if my wife left me it would be OVER 100% THAT'S IT PERIOD HOW COULD SHE DO SUCH A THING!?!?!? huh? what if I cheated on her? you idiot, i'm way too good a person to ever do something like that, i can't even answer a hypothetical question about it!"

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:00 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
quote:
quote:

nice dodge asshole lol

Yes I'm a real asshole for saying I wouldn't cheat on my wife and thus the question is retarded. What a fucking troll you are. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:05 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

you won't even answer the question when posed to you, but you can think all day about how you would react if your wife cheated on you. says a lot about how much respect and trust you have for your wife

quote:

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:15 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
you won't even answer the question when posed to you, but you can think all day about how you would react if your wife cheated on you. says a lot about how much respect and trust you have for your wife

Troll the guy that says he won't cheat on his wife some more. That shows lots about your character chum.

I respect my wife more than you respect yourself obviously because no self-respecting idiot would continue trolling someone that says he wouldn't ever cheat on his wife because he thinks it's despicable and thus finds answering a question regarding it totally fruitless and asinine.

I would fully expect my wife to leave me and I would deserve it. If she didn't then hey great! because I got to play the field and still have my safety net, like every other self-loathing-disrespectful and disgusting cheater out there gets.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:36 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:

Troll the guy that says he won't cheat on his wife some more. That shows lots about your character chum.

I respect my wife more than you respect yourself obviously because no self-respecting idiot would continue trolling someone that says he wouldn't ever cheat on his wife because he thinks it's despicable and thus finds answering a question regarding it totally fruitless and asinine.

I would fully expect my wife to leave me and I would deserve it. If she didn't then hey great! because I got to play the field and still have my safety net, like every other self-loathing-disrespectful and disgusting cheater out there gets.

lol you're so fucking dumb dude. you go on and on and on about what you would do if your wife left you, and what an outrage it would be, and how horrible it would be, and then when someone asks what you think your wife would do if YOU cheated, you think its not even worth talking about. basically you think its okay to speculate about your wife being a cheater, but you refuse to even talk about the possibility of yourself doing it. this implies a pretty serious lack of respect and trust for your wife, i'm not trolling one bit. you're talking about her like a piece of property that belongs to you. you will talk endless about her possibly betraying you but you think you're too good to receive the same treatment from others. the fact that you keep responding to this with such aggression only bolsters my case here

also you're still talking out of both sides of your mouth calling eclipze's wife (a "cheater") despicable, self-loathing, and disgusting, but at the same time you respect his decision to stay with her? get the fuck off it dude, this is just some bullshit macho posturing from you. its his relationship, he's known the woman at least 8 years, its not your place to talk that kind of shit and second-guess everything and talk about how "despicable" she is when they've worked it out themselves like two adults. you just want to impress upon everyone your higher Man Score because you would NEVER do something as horribly emasculating as forgive a person you love

Last edited by hassan-i-sabbah on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:14 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

welp i can tell you guys that over the last week or so since i posted that, im feeling better about the decision to just make a break. Obviously this is a person that I care for, and she will remain in my thoughts for sometime--but the best thing for me is to straight up find someone better.

I'm young, reasonably well off financially, have my head on pretty straight (these last 2 weeks been loosened a bit, but still), and am mentally/physically attractive (read: im hot and funny and smart) enough to go through the motions of being single again and seeing what I can come up with this time.

I've also reconnected with a girl I used to know that I've been out of touch with some time (years), just kind of on a whim because I was lonely. And she responded in kind--which felt nice because I thought she hated me and/or wouldn't care. Just feeling the slight inclination of attraction with another girl convinces me basically that I can manufacturer those "in love" feelings again in another relationship at another time--and hopefully in that instance I won't be treated so poorly.

thanks for posting tho bros, helped to have differing viewpoints from all you guys, because I have fluctuated wildly from FUCK THAT SLUT to omg but I love her! over the last couple weeks, I've felt all of these things that each of you are saying and can see the wisdom in all of it.

But for me, i gotta move on.

Last edited by ~Dakine..HeX on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

do what u gotta

get a haircut before you start saying you're hot tho...nigga plz...

quote:

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:20 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
do what u gotta

get a haircut before you start saying you're hot tho...nigga plz...

ladies love the mane dude are you fucking serious. that shit is gorge

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:21 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

So I can only speak for myself but...

You can't expect perfection. No human is perfect...some are worthy of forgiveness (or at least the attempt at it,) and some are not. It is up to each individual in each situation to decide this for themselves... but I'd like to think that MOST people are worth that attempt...especially one you've been with for 8 years and attach the word "love" to. I also don't think its as simple as "the person who cheats does not love you" There are various reasons for it...and although they don't make it okay or the least bit right... you can't be so one-dimensional with such a multi-dimensional thing such as human emotion.

PS: I take no offense at kith's words... each person's own reality is distinctly there own. (a-la-Immanuel Kant!) Kith's my buddy.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxEcLiPzE

You can't expect perfection. No human is perfect...some are worthy of forgiveness (or at least the attempt at it,) and some are not. It is up to each individual in each situation to decide this for themselves... but I'd like to think that MOST people are worth that attempt...especially one you've been with for 8 years and attach the word "love" to. I also don't think its as simple as "the person who cheats does not love you" There are various reasons for it...and although they don't make it okay or the least bit right... you can't be so one-dimensional with such a multi-dimensional thing such as human emotion.

PS: I take no offense at kith's words... each person's own reality is distinctly there own. (a-la-Immanuel Kant!) Kith's my buddy.

that's fine but i take offense at his misogyny and egoism

good on you tho dude, i totally agree and that's a very mature outlook. i'm not saying you should never break up with someone when they cheat on you, its different for everyone and a lot of times cheating is just the capstone on a fucked relationship in general, i just think to make those kinds of huge sweeping generalizations like kith was doing is stupid and immature. like you said people fuck up and people aren't perfect, and i'm disturbed by the bile he's pouring out regarding that hypothetical situation, doesn't seem appropriate for someone you're supposed to love

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:52 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SoCxEcLiPzE

that's fine but i take offense at his misogyny and egoism

good on you tho dude, i totally agree and that's a very mature outlook. i'm not saying you should never break up with someone when they cheat on you, its different for everyone and a lot of times cheating is just the capstone on a fucked relationship in general, i just think to make those kinds of huge sweeping generalizations like kith was doing is stupid and immature. like you said people fuck up and people aren't perfect, and i'm disturbed by the bile he's pouring out regarding that hypothetical situation, doesn't seem appropriate for someone you're supposed to love

i definitely agree with you.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

quote:
you just want to impress upon everyone your higher Man Score because you would NEVER do something as horribly emasculating as forgive a person you love

Get off your high horse you self righteous pig. This has nothing to with my man score you arrogant little prick. But you are right I would never forgive someone I love for cheating on me because they wouldn't fucking deserve it since they felt they had to go get some dick before actually... you know, maybe discussing our fucking problems like two adults??

Go defend more cheaters, because apparently they should be forgiven all the time since they're so hard done to that they can't even seek counselling for their issues or talk things out like ADULTS (since you want to throw the adult card around) before getting dicked by some other man.

That makes perfect sense.

GN: It's ok to cheat on me because I'll forgive you if you meet XXXX standard.

Nice self esteem bro.

I guess I can't abide liars and cheaters the way you do. Way to take the moral high ground on an immoral subject? Derpa derpa.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:21 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:

hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:27 pm 
$paCe

why do I have this overwhelming suspicion that kith-kanin is a chronic masterbater to internet porn?

Hey dakine, dude, extends bro, extends. It will never happen again. over and out.

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:28 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:
you just want to impress upon everyone your higher Man Score because you would NEVER do something as horribly emasculating as forgive a person you love

Get off your high horse you self righteous pig. This has nothing to with my man score you arrogant little prick. But you are right I would never forgive someone I love for cheating on me because they wouldn't fucking deserve it since they felt they had to go get some dick before actually... you know, maybe discussing our fucking problems like two adults??

Go defend more cheaters, because apparently they should be forgiven all the time since they're so hard done to that they can't even seek counselling for their issues or talk things out like ADULTS (since you want to throw the adult card around) before getting dicked by some other man.

That makes perfect sense.

GN: It's ok to cheat on me because I'll forgive you if you meet XXXX standard.

Nice self esteem bro.

I guess I can't abide liars and cheaters the way you do. Way to take the moral high ground on an immoral subject? Derpa derpa.

lol you are assuming so much shit about me its unbelievable and you're literally not reading what i'm writing because you're just so enraged that your Honor has been violated by me questioning your righteous berserker rage you're on about your hypothetical cheating wife. keep hardcore raging about something that hasn't even happened yet idiot, you're just making my point for me. do you even realize how insecure you look right now

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:30 pm