FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

We should start a moneybomb for allstar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
RamJam

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/01/average-length-of-unemployment-rises-again/

You are completely disconnected with reality right now. It's hard enough for the average person that gets let go to go out there and find a less or equal paying job right now. It takes about a year on average right now just for a person who is unemployed to find a job, and usually those people are willing to accept a lot less money than they were making. You expect allstar to instantly find a job right now that pays more money?

Maybe if you're a server or a cook it's easy to just go out there and find a new job, but if you're in manufacturing or have a desk job somewhere it's not really that easy to just go and find a better paying job. Even if successful the interview process still takes months and he needs cash right now for his expenses.

I'm in finance and telling someone to go "get a better paying job" is the most worthless advise you can give someone to help solve their financial troubles.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:25 pm 
NachoCat

Really? My workplace is in the process of hiring about 500 employees right now for desk jobs. Business is exploding.

Or, how about working 2 jobs.

Last edited by NachoCat on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Allstar

you're nuts nacho.. I literally pounded the pavement for weeks before i found *ANY* job much less a "better paying one" even mcdonalds wasn't hiring. I shit you not. They all had applications stacked sky high. I finally got hired by the school district because nobody wants to be a school bus driver, and they trained me for my class b cdl, i immediately started looking for a better paying job that would take my class b cdl, but the only one who would hire me with no driving experience is where i'm at right now. its really not that bad of a job. $500 a week doesn't seem like alot, but its alot more than my exwife is making right now.

@kith, yes i have refinery experience, however, those jobs typically require much travel, and i want to stay local for my kids. more and more its becoming apparent they really need me around.

I almost lost my apartment while i was struggling 12 hours a day to find work. unemployment is very very high here. entry level positions are overflowing with applications. the class b cdl is the only reason i even got a halfass decent paying job.

Last edited by Allstar on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:36 pm 
Allstar

@nacho. I've thought about that. The only thing is my current job is 12 hours a day, 5 days a week, and the weekends off really helps cause thats when i get to see my kids (every other, but still.)

i'm trying to balance job and seeing my children as much as possible. working 2 jobs would make it very hard for me to see them. also, it would merely raise my income and she'd just request my child support be raised. I only want to increase my income if its going to be significant and a good job. Otherwise its almost pointless. sad but true.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:38 pm 
$paCe

Nachocat thinks that the playing field is equal across the board. This is the type of arrogance and bad tattoos we're dealing with here.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:44 pm 
RamJam

quote:
Originally posted by NachoCat
Really? My workplace is in the prcess of hiring about 500 employees right now for desk jobs. Busiess is exploding.

Or, how about working 2 jobs.
If your local economy is exploding then consider yourself lucky, because it's not typical nationwide. Just because some place is hiring though doesn't mean they are paying more than $500 a week. That's actually a lot right now for someone without higher education and the relevant work experience.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:46 pm 
NachoCat

Hey man , I wish the best of luck to you. Im not saying this is 100% true with you but i was just throwing out my opinion for the situation.

People love to throw the blame on others. "oh so and so ruined my life ohh why me blah blah." It bugs me when people dont take responsibility for their own situation. I hardly ever talk to anyone about it because there really is no need to but i had an extremly tough childhood. Homeless at points. Both parents into hard drugs. My mom has been missing for close to a decade now. Lived with friends, other family until I moved out when I was 17. Obviously this is completley different than your situation but my point is. You have complete control over your own life and where you end up for the most part. Its a shitty situation and you cant control what your ex does but you can control your own fate. Dont blame her. When I hear someone talk about "they had a tough childhood so this is why x or y is fucked up" I just tell them good luck and move along. Today's society is breeding a whole mentality out there of people who are generally pushover sissy's that think it should all just fall into place and never be hard in life. People have been in far worse situations than yourself and have really shown their true character when put in a situation like that.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

oh so it's "things worked out okay for me, so everyone else should be okay too" syndrome. yeah ive seen people with this attitude before

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:00 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

nachocat is some trust fund baby telling struggling people they just need to stop being lazy and find a job when life takes a shit on them. you're what's wrong with this country, you're pond scum

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:00 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

"people are lazy, get a job." wow, u should be a social worker douchebag

quote:
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:01 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

lol he literally pulled the "all you have to do is work hard, society teaches everyone to be a sissy pussy baby who just gets things handed to them, unlike me, an ubermensch of perfect thought and action"

*ignores basic economic reality* *willfully ignores allstar's own particular circumstances which make finding gainful employment even more difficult*

goddamn, have some fucking decency you ignorant, entitled little fuck

quote:

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:04 pm 
NachoCat

Hassan. Now here is someone we should all look up to. He's got this life thing all worked out. Listen to him. Ill shut up now. Carry on

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:07 pm 
RamJam

It's unbelievable that people can actually believe that were seeing working class wages cut, the highest unemployment rate and duration in decades, and high poverty rates simply because people are all of a sudden "lazy and unproductive."

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:10 pm 
$paCe

Hey nacho cat, Do you have kids that you have to pay child support for, and is someone fucking your wife in a one horse town? Yeah sure your mom left you, but that's not a financial obligation that you have to suffer. In fact, she's probably happier not having to be around your dumb ass!

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:11 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Hassan. Now here is someone we should all look up to. He's got this life thing all worked out. Listen to him. Ill shut up now. Carry on

thanks for the stfu

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:12 pm 
NachoCat

You guys should be like me. go to music festivals, do drugs, own a dog, maybe buy a long board, do some traveling, relax, make people mad on the interwebz by pointing out the obvious, have a chicken and bacon sandwhich with swiss cheese, dont forget to toast the bun, and you know.... enjoy life a little more.

OHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDD THERE IS HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT OPAKDSLM!!!! IM GOING TO FAIL AND ITS NOT MY FAULT OHHHH DAMN

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:15 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
You guys should be like me. go to music festivals, do drugs, own a dog, maybe buy a long board, do some traveling, relax, make people mad on the interwebz by pointing out the obvious, have a chicken and bacon sandwhich with swiss cheese, dont forget to toast the bun, and you know.... enjoy life a little more.

OHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDD THERE IS HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT OPAKDSLM!!!! IM GOING TO FAIL AND ITS NOT MY FAULT OHHHH DAMN

retarded douche

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:22 pm 
RamJam

I mean it's pretty easy to live a laid back life with no job security when you don't have a family to support. Seriously I don't know how you can pretend to relate to allstar.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:23 pm 
$paCe

dude he has a dog. Kibbles and bits are no joke

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:38 pm 
NachoCat

You are right. No responsibilities here. No bills, none. My job pretty much lets me come and go as I please. My brother and sis never need help with anything. Pretty much just a lone wolf without a care in the world

Last edited by NachoCat on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:44 pm 
Fast Luck

why dont your brother and sister go get good jobs? you should let them know they should do that

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:51 pm 
NachoCat

Good point. Thats pretty much why i have cut off my little sis. See you are picking up on things so fast! great job buddy

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:53 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

you sound like a good brother

quote:

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:15 pm 
Terra

Nacho, everyone has been through something painful that they didn't think they couldn't get through/over. Fact is that we do. Whether it is a failed relationship, death of a loved one or loss of a job we are programmed to keep going ( most of us anyway). I think it is great everyone is supporting Allstar ( no matter how much of a tool his gaming persona is), it does show that the "community" aren't all bad. But to come in here and say stupid shit is counter productive. You are free to have an opinion but as the classic saying goes if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Why kick a man when he is down? Explaining how he could do better if he tried? Hey Allstar, just win lotto that win solve your money problems. Having your own personal situation to draw advice from and you wasted it with " just try harder and get over it". Why bother commenting at all?

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:29 pm 
Jon;

quote:
Both parents into hard drugs.
yes this explains some things

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:32 pm 
Fast Luck

damn nachocat look how unpopular you are just for "telling it like it is."

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:36 pm 
Allstar

quote:
Hey man , I wish the best of luck to you. Im not saying this is 100% true with you but i was just throwing out my opinion for the situation.

People love to throw the blame on others. "oh so and so ruined my life ohh why me blah blah." It bugs me when people dont take responsibility for their own situation. I hardly ever talk to anyone about it because there really is no need to but i had an extremly tough childhood. Homeless at points. Both parents into hard drugs. My mom has been missing for close to a decade now. Lived with friends, other family until I moved out when I was 17. Obviously this is completley different than your situation but my point is. You have complete control over your own life and where you end up for the most part. Its a shitty situation and you cant control what your ex does but you can control your own fate. Dont blame her. When I hear someone talk about "they had a tough childhood so this is why x or y is fucked up" I just tell them good luck and move along. Today's society is breeding a whole mentality out there of people who are generally pushover sissy's that think it should all just fall into place and never be hard in life. People have been in far worse situations than yourself and have really shown their true character when put in a situation like that.

to be fair, the only thing i "really" blame her for is fucking me on my taxes and straight up stealing $4,000 that i should have received. the rest is just dumb cunt syndrome but that was straight thievery and there is nobody to blame but her. that money would have helped me TREMENDOUSLY.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:39 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Terra
Why kick a man when he is down?

ya thats what bothers me the most. i've never really liked or gotten along with allstar but the way some of yall are taking advantage of his misfortune to settle e-grudges or to make a big spectacle of yourself by shitting on the guy (nachocat) is gross. thats wack as hell and for all the macho posturing that goes on on this forum a lot of yall sure are quick to turn to "bitch moves" like that

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:01 pm 
NachoCat

Hey I think its great that people are in here giving support for the guy. its awesome. I think its great that people have donated money to help him out. Kickin him while he is down? thats funny though.Sorry if my advice isnt that in a manner to coddle the guy to the grave. Grow up kids

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:10 pm 
NachoCat

quote:
Originally posted by Allstar

to be fair, the only thing i "really" blame her for is fucking me on my taxes...

To be fair, the title of your thread is...

"So, my ex destroyed my life, now what? "

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:13 pm