FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

So, my ex destroyed my life, now what?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Allstar

So, my ex destroyed my life, now what?

bring on the flames I feel like venting so I don't care.

I'm 30 years old, I have 2 kids, a 5 year old named Chloe, and a 2 year old named Leila. I was married for 8 years.

Around July of last year (close to my birthday and our wedding anniversary) my wife started sleeping with another man. When I found out, she simply kept doing it in front of my face, she would simply leave the kids with me for the weekend and go fuck him to her hearts content. I was in between contract jobs at the time and on unemployment and had no way to do much about it, as she was on the Lease. Finally I got enough money to move out, and she moved in with him with my kids.

She immediately went to the attorney general, and denied me from seeing my kids untill I signed that I would pay child support.

The good job I had, I had a huge falling out with my boss (who is also family, and had a huge falling out with my family, but thats another story)
is gone and now I'm stuck delivering water bottles for $500 a week.

My child support is well over a 100 a week, my rent which is actually stupid low, is $600 a month, and I still owe court costs from the bullshit with the attorney general, and my credit is ruined from bailing on the apartment we had in middle of the lease, among other things, she also rushed off and filed her taxes before me claimin both kids (that i supported the majority of last year) and didnt give me a cent. now I owe the IRS $600.

I live in her hometown cause I used to be out of town all the time so we thought it best for her to be near her family, now I'm stuck here if I wanna have a life with my children away from all my friends and my own family.

Every time i get paid, i'm broke by the next monday. I literally own nothing, she took everything. The only thing I own is my falling apart pt cruiser that likes to overheat and go dead, and my aging gaming pc. I'm falling behind on child support because they screwed up and didnt draft it out of my check a few weeks, and might go to jail for that pretty soon. I'm now juggling paying back court costs, back child support, and the IRS, plus all my normal bills. She just picked up the kids and my 2 year old cried the entire time reaching out for me and repeating 'no daddy', and it pretty much ripped me apart. I'm really struggling to make it day by day. I don't know what to do I feel like I'm sinking in a hole and there's no way out. We tried to reconcile a month or so ago, and she even came so far as to move out and move in with me, and literally started crying over him immediately, and ran back to him a few hours later, taking my kids from me a second time. my 5 year old
all but had a panic attack when that happened.

flame away

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:35 pm 
terror-kahn

shitty situation man .. i feel bad for you.

im full of what i think "good advice" is, but the thing i've learned about advice is that people never listen and end up doing things their own way any way. so i wont try giving any advice.

best of luck to you. it will get better eventually. it might get worse first.. but it will get better.

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
terror-kahn

if everything you're saying is pretty accurate, i hope you realize that if you ever do reconcile with your ex, the chances of her doing this all over again with someone else(or the same person) are probably extremely high.

im not saying dont get back with her. just be prepared to go through all of this shit again if you do.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
SoCzNedoK

wow dude that really sucks, I don't understand how she was able to get custody after being adulterous though, you definitely got screwed there. courts usually would go with the partner who didn't cheat. I went though a custody fight that started the year before last, i know they can be very very difficult, I was lucky enough to come out alright though, even not having been married. But yeah its the worst feeling in the world when your kid gets taken away, that happened to me and I had no idea where he was, it was very scary.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Allstar

talked to a lawyer (not that i could afford one) who told me in texas, im pretty much out of luck getting custody in any way shape or form. adultery means she was a bad wife, doesn't affect her being a good mother, she said no judge in this city would give the father custody, unless i had something like video proof of her doing drugs or something.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:58 pm 
SarX

Re: So, my ex destroyed my life, now what?

quote:
Originally posted by Allstar
bring on the flames I feel like venting so I don't care.

I'm 30 years old, I have 2 kids, a 5 year old named Chloe, and a 2 year old named Leila. I was married for 8 years.

Around July of last year (close to my birthday and our wedding anniversary) my wife started sleeping with another man. When I found out, she simply kept doing it in front of my face, she would simply leave the kids with me for the weekend and go fuck him to her hearts content. I was in between contract jobs at the time and on unemployment and had no way to do much about it, as she was on the Lease. Finally I got enough money to move out, and she moved in with him with my kids.

She immediately went to the attorney general, and denied me from seeing my kids untill I signed that I would pay child support.

The good job I had, I had a huge falling out with my boss (who is also family, and had a huge falling out with my family, but thats another story)
is gone and now I'm stuck delivering water bottles for $500 a week.

My child support is well over a 100 a week, my rent which is actually stupid low, is $600 a month, and I still owe court costs from the bullshit with the attorney general, and my credit is ruined from bailing on the apartment we had in middle of the lease, among other things, she also rushed off and filed her taxes before me claimin both kids (that i supported the majority of last year) and didnt give me a cent. now I owe the IRS $600.

I live in her hometown cause I used to be out of town all the time so we thought it best for her to be near her family, now I'm stuck here if I wanna have a life with my children away from all my friends and my own family.

Every time i get paid, i'm broke by the next monday. I literally own nothing, she took everything. The only thing I own is my falling apart pt cruiser that likes to overheat and go dead, and my aging gaming pc. I'm falling behind on child support because they screwed up and didnt draft it out of my check a few weeks, and might go to jail for that pretty soon. I'm now juggling paying back court costs, back child support, and the IRS, plus all my normal bills. She just picked up the kids and my 2 year old cried the entire time reaching out for me and repeating 'no daddy', and it pretty much ripped me apart. I'm really struggling to make it day by day. I don't know what to do I feel like I'm sinking in a hole and there's no way out. We tried to reconcile a month or so ago, and she even came so far as to move out and move in with me, and literally started crying over him immediately, and ran back to him a few hours later, taking my kids from me a second time. my 5 year old
all but had a panic attack when that happened.

flame away

Sorry to hear about this man. I had the exact same thing happen to me, married 8 years, 3 kids and all. One solid piece of advice I can give you is, do NOT let her come back. Once a cheater always a cheater. Go out and get yourself a decent woman who will love you and your children and when she sees how happy you are with someone you will get all the revenge you wanted. I would also reach out to family for help if possible. I know we've never talked much before but If you'd like to talk more feel free to PM me. I'm a few years older than you and this event in my life happened 2 years ago so I can relate to you.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:00 pm 
Allstar

yeah my mom died when i was 12, and was the only real family i was ever close to, me and my dad don't get along, he just tells me to suck it up and get a job he doesn't wanna hear my shit. Most of my family won't accept my calls. They've been telling me to get away from her for years but for some reason I didn't listen. Now its all shaking their heads and i told you so's and you shoulda never married her and got her pregnant. I have a few high school friends I've remained in contact with but they live many hours away now and have families of their own to deal with.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:02 pm 
SoCzNedoK

wow i'm glad i didn't live in texas, i'm in south carolina though which is still pretty backwards but fortunately the judge gave me primary custody, which we recently turned into a 50-50 arrangement.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
terror-kahn

Good luck finding another or better job. Money sounds like the first barrier in all of this.

im surprised a lawyer told you that. you might consider talking to a few different lawyers. nothing wrong with taking advantage of a couple free consultations.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:07 pm 
SoCzNedoK

yeah also feel free to pm me if you need any advice, i had a really good lawyer so i learned a good bit about how the court systems work and how judges make their decisions

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:09 pm 
SoCzNedoK

and yeah like terror said you might want to get more opinions from different lawyers, the first one i went to basically told me what you were told, and the next one i went to thought i had a case with everything i told her about the situation

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:13 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

Properly different in america but here in new zealand you can apply for legal aid to help out with court costs if you are on a low income..

Sad thing is, males get fucked over regarding kids. You are treated like a criminal while the female gets all the rights automatticaly assumed. It really is bullshit and many counties need change for pro fathers.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:37 pm 
GreenHorn

Texas sounds alot like Florida as far as custody goes.
There's almost no way they will separate a child from mother.
I'd take Sarx's advise and move on.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:45 pm 
KingHillBilly

Thanks for the sobering reminder to never get married or have children.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Picka_materina

Wow. Pretty shitty situation. Glad i don't live in the US.

Looks like your first point of conduct is get a better job. I can't say much about other things since i have no idea how things go there reading all of this, but one thing's for certain. Don't ever let her come back.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:10 pm 
terror-kahn

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
Wow. Pretty shitty situation. Glad i don't live in the US.

Looks like your first point of conduct is get a better job. I can't say much about other things since i have no idea how things go there reading all of this, but one thing's for certain. Don't ever let her come back.

this is the type of advice i was talking about that people never listen to. if he was willing to take her back once after everything she put him through, he will do it again regardless of what anyone else says.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:15 pm 
Picka_materina

Well i did not read it like that. I read it like he did not act on her cheating at the time? To which there can be numerous reasons. People do very strange things when they're desperate.

But in any case, its not like i will get offended if he does not listen, it's been said few times in the thread, i feel it's good to say it once again.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:20 pm 
terror-kahn

" We tried to reconcile a month or so ago, and she even came so far as to move out and move in with me, and literally started crying over him immediately, and ran back to him a few hours later, taking my kids from me a second time. my 5 year old
all but had a panic attack when that happened. "

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 pm 
-667-

In retrospect, I guess you should have prepared better for this, and handled some things better. I mean, things were going to get shitty regardless of your actions, but the lease, IRS stuff and her taking all your shit just seems something you could have taken care of with a clear mind. Same with losing the better job like you did. Not that it helps now and your ex-wife sounds like a fucktard, but perhaps you two should have done things like rational adults. I'd guess even your ex-wife from hell would have agreed since it'd be best for your kids if everyone left with their shit intact.

You're just going to have to hang in there, life will probably get easier once you just suck it up for a while and get rid of the IRS and court money owed. Whatever you do, deal with her as little as possible like others suggested. That shit is bad news.

Good luck getting it all together either way, you're still a newb faggot in war2 but not even newbies deserve this...

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:37 pm 
turtleman@can

That sucks dude, the good news is you still got 2 kids that love you and all of your other problems seem to be stemming from the fact that you have a shitty job. If I were you, I'd work on getting a better job - or seeing if your government offers any kind of unemployment back to school programs, when you're in school you're usually shielded from a lot of government bullshit.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:48 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by terror-kahn
" We tried to reconcile a month or so ago, and she even came so far as to move out and move in with me, and literally started crying over him immediately, and ran back to him a few hours later, taking my kids from me a second time. my 5 year old
all but had a panic attack when that happened. "

Oh lol. I kind of missed few parts of that and just read kids came back.. My bad.

Well, never let he back AGAIN Smile

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:51 pm 
$paCe

A few things for you allstar. 1, don't get back with that whore or else you'll deserve worse. 2, her treachery will come back on her head if you do the right thing and just keep working and doing your job as a father to the best of your ability. 3, play war2 more than ever to avoid reality.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:11 pm 
BanMe

See your kids when you can, be as good a father as you can given the circumstances, and work on bringing yourself up. Things could always be better or worse- I'm sure things could have been better before all this happened - you'll find a new status quo that you can be happy with. Most children have divorced / split up parents, they will be ok. They need you to be strong.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:19 pm 
Scrub

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
See your kids when you can, be as good a father as you can given the circumstances, and work on bringing yourself up. Things could always be better or worse- I'm sure things could have been better before all this happened - you'll find a new status quo that you can be happy with. Most children have divorced / split up parents, they will be ok. They need you to be strong.

This, if she doesn't let you see them then she's a piece of trash. I've got 2 girls, 3 years and 3 months and I couldn't imagine them being ripped away from meh.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:54 pm 
Lightbringer-

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
People do very strange things when they're desperate.

Have you been ever married?
Do you have kids??

Have it ever occurred to you that he might be doing it for his kids?? Or to try to save something that he has been into for the last 8 years??

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:56 am 
RamJam

After reading the story I didn't think anyone would be enough of a dick to flame allstar in this thread. I guess I underestimated the War II Forums.

Shitty situation though allstar. I hope things get better for you.

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:18 am 
_Ataxia_

AND HE WAS RAPED TO RETIREMENT FROM WAR2. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!?!?

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:30 am 
Fast Luck

we've only heard your side of it but that's a lot of hurt to inflict on her husband and children just because she's hot for some dude. love & passion are pretty capricious and powerful i guess but jeez, sounds selfish and cheating is lame :/ sorry dude

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:40 am 
Shotgun_

First and foremost if he knew she was married he needs to be leveled to settle the score. Then get your slut ex wife out of your life and as someone said earlier be the best father you can be, when you can be. Aslong as you're there for your kids theyll repay you 10000x when they are older

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:56 am 
Allstar

rofl now my car wont start and im late for work

yay

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:04 am