FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

WOW PVP / PVE

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
stoned@chayliss

WOW PVP / PVE

alliance rbg guild with some friends looking for more. we play on mannoroth(EST PvP). a certain someone here can server/factoin change for no charge I believe. PM me for questions etc...

also would be interested in forming a raid group aswell.

Last edited by stoned@chayliss on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
foonat

what rating are you

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:38 pm 
stoned@chayliss

new season never had more than a pug team. casual IRL friends etc..

gonna need a offensive leader, gonna play a fwe of the maps a little different. i got a hand full of players already, need more

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Scrub

hm, you any good? Classes would be nice and are you aiming for 5on5 or 3on3

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:39 pm 
stoned@chayliss

im a holy priest, got a few othes with me interestred.

rbgs 3/5s

farm honor bgs

etc...

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:00 pm 
Floy[d]

chayliss ive got a 4687 Res bm hunter on stonemaul horde if i can get a xfer
have a buddy thats got a enhance shammy too, that would be up to move with free xfer

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
stoned@chayliss

i sent u a pm with some instructions

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:35 pm 
stoned@chayliss

quote:
Originally posted by Scrub

i run in holy coz holy is fun. need any really. maybe even setup a casual raid group

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:49 pm 
Aerasal

wow arena is completely gear and class combo based. skill need not apply because spamming your 1 key for rend on your warrior is totally skill anyway.

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:46 pm 
$paCe

quote:
Originally posted by stoned@chayliss
quote:

i run in holy coz holy is fun. need any really. maybe even setup a casual raid group

You look like a viking nooby, stfu.

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:50 pm 
ArchAngel

Alliance sucks so bad.

And why would you PVP with holy over discipline you are gimping yourself hard and taking away useful utilities like inner focus pw:b and pain suppression. What a failure priest!

Wink

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Paper_Boy

Hey Arch are you still a loser? Last i heard you lived in your moms basement developing pictures at cotsco and serving free weiner totts

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
ArchAngel

even if any of that were true (which none of it is, but even if all of it were true, for the sake of discussion) i would still be cooler than you will ever be you colgate commercial

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
stoned@chayliss

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
wow arena is completely gear and class combo based. skill need not apply because spamming your 1 key for rend on your warrior is totally skill anyway.

yea bgs are better

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:12 pm 
stoned@chayliss

quote:
Originally posted by ArchAngel
Alliance sucks so bad.

And why would you PVP with holy over discipline you are gimping yourself hard and taking away useful utilities like inner focus pw:b and pain suppression. What a failure priest!

Wink

ive done a bit of arena. if i get focus in disc i drop dead. holy has such survivability. id much rather have a instant big heal low cooldown. gaurdian spirit is fine in place of pain supression, light well and speed bubble too. forget bubble reflect. get em low and ill get some hits in to make up for it.

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:17 pm 
ArchAngel

desperate prayer is nice. but holy to me just isnt a viable pvp option. guardian spirit can be dispelled. no penance, no grace (+25% to healing), weaker bubbles, loss of inner focus, power word barrier, pain supression..

speed bubble is nice but it's kind of gimmicky. and last but not least, power infusion helps you or your teammates a hell of a lot more than offensive chakra or lollwell (which is most likely 2 shotted upon set down)

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:36 pm 
foonat

i think ur all newbs :O

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:02 pm 
Soilent Green

I bet every trash talking scrub in this thread has never even come close to gladiator in that easy game.

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:29 pm 
foonat

actually i've been glad twice and duelist every other season i seriously played on two different characters, but stopped playing a while ago. got a few hundred bux for my account. how about you bro?

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 pm 
stoned@chayliss

quote:
desperate prayer is nice. but holy to me just isnt a viable pvp option. guardian spirit can be dispelled. no penance, no grace (+25% to healing), weaker bubbles, loss of inner focus, power word barrier, pain supression..

yea dont pop gaurdian early. i usually use it on my ally mid to late game. penence is good...if u dont get canceled. if u get disabled u can renew/well/the charka instant heal then get a buffed flash heal. i still got inner focus i teched in disc what i could. barrier isnt that crucial

speed bubble is nice but it's kind of gimmicky. and last but not least, power infusion helps you or your teammates a hell of a lot more than offensive chakra or lollwell (which is most likely 2 shotted upon set down)

yea sometimes fags shoot my well ;/

i can speed out for LOS or helps my ally chase a guys down. whats fun is the leap of faith and then a speed bubble.

it works in arena alright, but its the shit in rbgs. aoe on flags. speed burst fc's...i can even run as an fc and free up a tank for another dps/healer in the group.

whats your story

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:09 am 
foonat

holy sucks d00d. from the sounds of it ur like a 1500 player

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:04 pm 
ArchAngel

my story??
i'm a huge PVE player and a very casual PVP player.

the guild i'm in, zZq, is a very fun guild. They get shit done on both normal and heroic modes, which is nice. I haven't really played much of Cataclysm. Just haven't really had the time with work and being occupied with other interests and games.

I haven't stepped foot in firelands. Then , about 2 weeks ago, I came back to see and kill Deathwing. Which was stupid easy in LFR and not very epic feeling at all. After that, I kind of just lost interest all together. This happened after killing the Lich King as well. There's still higher (heroic) challenges available, pvp is an option, the legendary staff etc, but I'm just not in to putting in the time to do all that. My real life friend kal and I run around in BGs and I healbot him.. Katokal is his name in game, he's a goblin mage and he wastes his life on this game. I don't really want to be like that, you know what I mean?? but he gets like 40 KB's per BG and 3 shots people as arcane. Looks like fun.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Swiftbane/advanced

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Katokal/advanced

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:00 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by Soilent Green
I bet every trash talking scrub in this thread has never even come close to gladiator in that easy game.

lol wow elitism

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:07 pm 
Scrub

I started off on day 1, was even a member of this atrocious forum guild on Warsong and ended up in Vis Maior one of the top 10 guilds in the world. Transfered to Bonechewer with em, dominated the game (Offtank, Healadin and Holy Priest) until wrath came out. Finished Sunwell, not many people can say that.. shit was hard as fuck. Quit after the first wave of WOTLK content was conquered.. I haven't played since. I don't think I want to either. I spent so much time on this game and I regret it big time. It fucked up my job and my relationship.

lol@SoilentGreen, you act like PvP is hard? Gladiator rofl.. try fucking Grand Marshal. PvP sucks anyway it was only good pre-bc with wars in felwood and the bulwark.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:44 pm 
ArchAngel

quote:
I started off on day 1, was even a member of this atrocious forum guild on Warsong and ended up in Vis Maior one of the top 10 guilds in the world. Transfered to Bonechewer with em, dominated the game (Offtank, Healadin and Holy Priest) until wrath came out. Finished Sunwell, not many people can say that.. shit was hard as fuck. Quit after the first wave of WOTLK content was conquered.. I haven't played since. I don't think I want to either. I spent so much time on this game and I regret it big time. It fucked up my job and my relationship.

lol@SoilentGreen, you act like PvP is hard? Gladiator rofl.. try fucking Grand Marshal. PvP sucks anyway it was only good pre-bc with wars in felwood and the bulwark.

I remember vis maior with Kold and all them. Very very good guild. I went with Avatar's guild Bane of the Forsaken, and then followed them to Bonechewer as well for a while until I realized how much I hated the alliance. Started my priest when gen 2 realms opened and was one of the first on Gurubashi. From there we completed all vanilla content. When BC hit heroics were fun as hell to heal through, got to raid very little though and took a more casual approach. Downed a majority of the bosses there but did not get to down illidan until later.

I played the most during wrath. WOTLK was epic i think.. the game design was at it's best for a healer. Could just spam the shit out of everybody. Started a mage alt, got him to end-game as well, worked our way through the tournament and then ICC finally killing arthas. I joined up with a guild who needed healers to get the light of dawn achievement. Then Cataclysm hit and it's been back to the casual approach. I dislike how they have pushed "heal" on us, and have changed healing to be so much more dramatic and slow feeling. but Deathwing is now dead and I am just kind of blah, like I said above. Ive been both hard core and casual in this game.. but I prefer playing casually. There's been way to many changes that favor the casual player over someone who devotes all their time i dont see any reason why somebody would want to play like that ever again.

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:38 pm 
Scrub

quote:

I played the most during wrath. WOTLK was epic i think.. the game design was at it's best for a healer. Could just spam the shit out of everybody.

Exactly and they made tanking a joke. It's why I quit playing, they newbied the game out to get more players.. but that happens with every MMORPG so whatever.

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:44 pm 
turtleman@can

man wow is for bitches
play lotro, best MMO out there

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:11 pm 
stoned@chayliss

enjoying swtor also

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:14 pm 
turtleman@can

My honeymoon phase with SWTOR was very short lived.

I've got an active sub right now - cancelled it and now I'm back to LOTRO

They just announced that this year they're raising the level cap to 85 - introducing mounted combat and we're going to Rohan.

As soon as I saw that, I was like "fuck SWTOR"

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:20 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
My honeymoon phase with SWTOR was very short lived.

I've got an active sub right now - cancelled it and now I'm back to LOTRO

They just announced that this year they're raising the level cap to 85 - introducing mounted combat and we're going to Rohan.

As soon as I saw that, I was like "fuck SWTOR"

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 pm