FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Video Card Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
RamJam

I had a memory case like that. There were 2 barcodes and I had no idea which one was the upc code. I just cut them both off and sent them in and it worked. For $10 though it might not be worth the risk of the postage cost.

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

might try that we'll see how lazy i am, i have another week or two

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:14 am 
Soilent Green

quote:
Originally posted by RamJam
quote:
Originally posted by Soilent Green
quote:
Originally posted by foonat
what's 115 bucks and better?

Have you ever actually got the mail-in-rebate? I've spent thousands of dollars at newegg and I've never once received a rebate from any manufacturer. Most of the reviews you will read are people complaining about MIR, and most hardware enthusiast forums use the MIR as a joke. So it's not really $115, unless you're one of the 3% of people that actually get a rebate.

In it's ~$140 price range, give or take $20, there are a few better choices. It's really not a great card for gaming at all. It will run games, but it's not really what he'ss looking for. 9800 GTX+ is essentially a GTS 250, so a 550 TI is pretty much a DX11 side-grade card, not really an upgrade worthy of purchase if you're looking to boost performance.
Funny I've sent in about 20 mail in rebates from newegg and received them all. If you actually do what the rebate tells you to do you will almost always receive the rebate. I've never heard of anyone in real life not receiving a rebate that they actually sent it in. It just really takes a long time to receive them. Longest I've waited is 4 months but I still received it.

lol at this bitter retard still following me into threads. Do some reading and you'll find out why most people don't get their rebates. Hint: It's not because they failed to follow instructions.

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:53 pm 
RamJam

Bitter from what? I was stating a fact that every rebate I've ever mailed in has been refunded. I have no reason to lie about it.

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:09 pm 
Aerasal

from what I remember, anything i purchased with a mail in rebate required you to print out the rebate yourself from newegg's website. you didn't receive anything from the manufacturer. the thing with rebates though is that they just hope you're lazy or forget and don't send them in, which i have done.

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:14 pm 
RamJam

They usually require the rebate form, a printed invoice with the item purchased for the rebate circled, and the original upc cut out from the box. Usually people online are complaining either b/c they didn't do one of these things or it's only been 4 weeks and the rebate says 9-12 weeks.

Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:17 pm 
stoned@chayliss

Re: Video Card Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Soilent Green
quote:
Originally posted by stoned@chayliss
my 9800gtx+ is holding strong still. runs swtor well.

i got a 600W psu
not looking to crossfire, coz my 2nd pcie isnt as fast as the first, i forget the ratio not gonna bother 2 min to look it up.

i dont know why they make so many models of video cards when it seems 1 out of 10 is worth a shit

name off a couple mid-upper cards and models. no highends id rather wipe my ass with cash than overspend needlessly Laughing

Don't let PCI-E bandwidth scare you out of SLI/Xfire. There is no noticeable performance decrease from using x16/x8 or x16/x4 or x8/x8 or x4/x4.

Don't SLI 9800GTX+ now tho. You can get a much better single card today for around the same price as another 9800GTX+ or less.

Tman is right, 6770 is cheap and decent.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102938&Tpk=6770%20flex
That is the best version of that card performance wise.

6870 is slightly better for slightly more (~10 fps difference depending on game)

If I were to buy a card right now, I would get a GTX 560 TI 448 core edition.
It's $290, but it out performs both of the cards listed above by leaps and bounds. You wont have to buy new for a long while.

good info broseph much thanks

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
foonat

got both of my mail-in-rebates, $40 woowoo

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:22 am 
Allstar

i got a question for the guru's here though i imagine its probably a hardware problem;

i have a radeon hd 5870 and its done this since i got it and i never bothered to send it back in; in windows and in 2d apps/games (note only 2d) i get little green 'artifact' sparkles like the card is overheating or whatever. however, soon as i launch a game such as wow, skyrim etc, it runs great and this problem dissapears. and from what i can tell its because in windows the core clocks are set dramatically low for 2d. Also, updating my video card drivers does nothing. Tried a few overclock/clock programs to artificially set the stock clocks higher for 2d, but nothing stays permanent and it just starts doing it again. the clocks are 150/300 on 2d

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:50 pm 
RamJam

In my experience ATI drivers suck.

Are you using overdrive? Maybe this will help.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/281111-33-overdrive-underclocks

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:00 pm 
Allstar

read most of that, toward the end it links to a forum post for the solution that no longer exists

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:36 pm 
RamJam

Sorry I thought they summarized what to do from the link.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:36 pm 
Allstar

well sort of.. im not really understanding.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:03 pm 
Soilent Green

It's pretty funny that Allstar starts asking questions about video cards while receiving money bomb donations from easily scammed retards. I knew this guy was building a new PC, and this pretty much proves it.

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:11 pm 
7VlesSiah

My HD5770 has been running 3 screens for years. It can run Starcraft 2 max settings. It is a great mid-level card. Not too noisey or hot.

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:21 am 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by Allstar
i got a question for the guru's here though i imagine its probably a hardware problem;

i have a radeon hd 5870 and its done this since i got it and i never bothered to send it back in; in windows and in 2d apps/games (note only 2d) i get little green 'artifact' sparkles like the card is overheating or whatever. however, soon as i launch a game such as wow, skyrim etc, it runs great and this problem dissapears. and from what i can tell its because in windows the core clocks are set dramatically low for 2d. Also, updating my video card drivers does nothing. Tried a few overclock/clock programs to artificially set the stock clocks higher for 2d, but nothing stays permanent and it just starts doing it again. the clocks are 150/300 on 2d

Make sure you have the most up to date drivers. I had major problems with win7 64 bit and corrupt mouse images. ATI didn't fix this problem for well over a year after their cards were released. The experience really soured my opinion on ATI cards.

Newest drivers work well for me.

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:31 am 
passwillworkeasycompany

"i once paid alot for a fx5500 and it was absolute garbage...id rather not spend 150ish for no gain or loss".

same thing happened to me.

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:34 pm