FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Star Wars Old Republic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
hassan-i-sabbah

if you've never played the game modded i highly recommend it

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2fixpack/ <----fixes a lot of issues with the vanilla game

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/index.php <----- adds a lot of tweaks, some of which are amazing. unlimited ammo and potion stacking makes the game soooooo much better

http://www.gibberlings3.net/scsii/ <----- difficulty mod. this one owns, use this instead of the "tactics" mod which is also popular. fights with mages are even more intense, they use all their magical protections intelligently and will even use their teleport spells that they never use in the vanilla game

all of these are fully modular and you can install as much or as little of the mod content as you like. like the tweak pack i install most of it but i don't like some of the optional components like having to identify potions so i just don't install them

and yeah magic heavy is p useful...the main thing i worry about is not having enough meat shields. in a pinch though my archer has a lot of HP, can't wear better than studded leather armor tho. aerie and edwin can take out a lot of mobs with initial skull trap/fireball nuking and my PC archer is just shredding dudes, i think she has something like 72% of total kills in the party. sword coast strategems definitely makes some fights harder though and i have to reload more often than usual.

hardest one so far was the raskasha you have to kill for the genie in trademeet, took a ton of reloads and cheesing by entering/exiting the area to take her down. the fight at the end of the druid grove was also practically impossible because it makes you fight the boss 1on1 with jaheira or cernd and with SCS2 installed the fight was just bullshit, so i CTRL-Yed her ass

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:35 pm 
SarX

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
if you've never played the game modded i highly recommend it

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2fixpack/ <----fixes a lot of issues with the vanilla game

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/index.php <----- adds a lot of tweaks, some of which are amazing. unlimited ammo and potion stacking makes the game soooooo much better

http://www.gibberlings3.net/scsii/ <----- difficulty mod. this one owns, use this instead of the "tactics" mod which is also popular. fights with mages are even more intense, they use all their magical protections intelligently and will even use their teleport spells that they never use in the vanilla game

all of these are fully modular and you can install as much or as little of the mod content as you like. like the tweak pack i install most of it but i don't like some of the optional components like having to identify potions so i just don't install them

and yeah magic heavy is p useful...the main thing i worry about is not having enough meat shields. in a pinch though my archer has a lot of HP, can't wear better than studded leather armor tho. aerie and edwin can take out a lot of mobs with initial skull trap/fireball nuking and my PC archer is just shredding dudes, i think she has something like 72% of total kills in the party. sword coast strategems definitely makes some fights harder though and i have to reload more often than usual.

hardest one so far was the raskasha you have to kill for the genie in trademeet, took a ton of reloads and cheesing by entering/exiting the area to take her down. the fight at the end of the druid grove was also practically impossible because it makes you fight the boss 1on1 with jaheira or cernd and with SCS2 installed the fight was just bullshit, so i CTRL-Yed her ass

Thanks, I'll download all of these. Sometimes wish I'd get amnesia so I could replay bg2 w ToB. I enjoyed rolling my own characters and only using 2 or 3 of the pre-fabricated ones. Less story but less reloading due to dying as well. I like your idea for an archer, I always liked the Magic/Unique bows you got through the game, I just never had anyone that could use them proficiently. What level is your archer now?

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:30 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i like the idea of making my own npc's but the ones in bg2 are actually legitimately well-written and make the game more fun to me. also some have cool unique abilities. fyi mazzy is proficient with bows, very underrated character. not top tier but she has a few casts of haste a day, grandmastery (i think?) in short bows, not bad at all, i used her on my assassin play-through (either that or the sorcerer one?) and kept her around until i got sarevok in tob

right now my archer is level 11 i believe, maybe 10. i haven't played since sunday because with xmas shit going on/hectic year-end shit at work i usually just want to chill when i get home and bg2 can be kinda mentally taxing at times. i gave her grand mastery in short bows, a pip in scimitar so she can pull out belm if someone gets close, and working on pips in long bows so i can eventually use some of those long bows you get later on (or maybe i'll work towards crossbows for firetooth, but i usually give that to sarevok).

with archer you probably want to spec short bows because the best bows in the game are short bows. they're tough right out the gate cuz ammo and enchanted ammo are plentiful and cheap and so are good short bows. you can do the slavers in the copper coronet quest right away and get the tuigan bow from the beastmaster, hits at +1 and gives you an extra attack. not long after that you can do the trademeet druid quest, after you resolve that you can buy tansheron's bow +3 from a trademeet merchant, +3 and has unlimited +3 enchanted ammo. then you can have the smithy guy (forget his name) build the geshen bow from the string you find in spellhold and the bow you find in reyjik's hideout (the serial killer guy in the bridge district), unlimited +4 lightning ammo. i suppose you could also spec crossbows, save up some money early, and then run to watcher's keep and buy firetooth from the monk outside there if he sells it that early in the game (i don't see why he wouldn't). buying a weapon that good so early seems kinda lame to me tho...

i just checked and my archer char has 56% of the total kills in the entire party, lol. shes an absolute beast on DPS. even w SCS installed i can totally change the balance of the fight by throwing a breach on an enemy mage and having my archer shoot them down. i'm getting 4 attacks per round at lvl 11 with a -4 thaco

quote:
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:12 pm 
turtleman@can

I've honestly tried to get into baldur's gate 2 on numerous occasions, but something in my brain just repels dungeons and dragons rules. When my armor rating is 7 and I equip a shield and it goes down to 5 - and that's supposed to be better. And negative values are actually positive, my brain just says "fuck you i'm not learning a neckbeard language to play a game"

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:26 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
I've honestly tried to get into baldur's gate 2 on numerous occasions, but something in my brain just repels dungeons and dragons rules. When my armor rating is 7 and I equip a shield and it goes down to 5 - and that's supposed to be better. And negative values are actually positive, my brain just says "fuck you i'm not learning a neckbeard language to play a game"

qq

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:28 pm 
SarX

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can

If I recall correctly, there's a setting for rules on the game and you can turn d&d rules off completely. It's a great game bro, def worth your time.

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:15 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i dont think you can do that, the game kind of doesnt make sense if you dont have d&d rules, its the entire basis of the gameplay

quote:

Post Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:51 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

bg2 update: the shade lord in umar hills is hard as fuck with SCS2, i didn't even install the improved shade lord component. just the SCS2 ai makes the dude a fucking beast. took me a billion tries, had to sorta cheese it by running around the area while edwin blasted it with lower resistance and fireball wands

got teh shadow dragon @ lvl 10 tho...

quote:

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:12 am 
SarX

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
bg2 update: the shade lord in umar hills is hard as fuck with SCS2, i didn't even install the improved shade lord component. just the SCS2 ai makes the dude a fucking beast. took me a billion tries, had to sorta cheese it by running around the area while edwin blasted it with lower resistance and fireball wands

got teh shadow dragon @ lvl 10 tho...

I'm not sure what game I was thinking of that you can turn the rules off on.. weird, coulda sworn it was bg2. Maybe if you have shadowkeeper installed?

I always thought the shadelord shoulda been more difficult. He's pretty much a pansy on the vanilla bg2.

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:19 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i have shadowkeeper and it doesn't let you do that either except in some limited circumstances (like you can dual-class into a kit with shadowkeeper, which you can't do in the regular game). if you didn't have d&d rules the game just wouldn't work, they would have had to code an entire separate system for tracking damage, hits and misses, spells and their counters, level progression, everything...

yeah apparently that's why they buffed him because everyone said he was a puss. he was hard as fuck though. like i said, there's an optional component "improved shade lord" and i didn't even install that and he was still a beast. finally got it tho. i just did de'arnise keep and tor'gal was a complete pushover even with the harder tor'gal component installed, i'm starting to think three mages is too good. jaheira is a fucking monster now that she has blackblood (the +3 club that does acid damage) and a belt of hill giant strength, iron skins means she almost never takes any actual damage despite being my primary tank (i forgot how much keldorn fucking blows as a tank without dexterity gauntlets)

im expecting scs2 to get a lot harder when i get to the underdark though, kinda afraid i'm going to get owned by mind flayers with improved ai....

quote:

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:32 pm 
stoned@chayliss

Re: Star Wars Old Republic

quote:
Originally posted by SarX
I have this game but I'm having a hard time getting into it.. is it worth spending the time on?

only you can decide.....by playing it some

I now play star wars the old republic. Guild Templar Knights..Server Iron Citadel...PVP EST. PvP guild and PvE progression. Alliance.

I copied my human holy priest and made a human jedi consular..gonna take the sage path and be a healer and use force techniques and not to shabby with a lightsaber either.

i played a weekened pass stress test and the graphcis and control feel/comat felt off.

i started yesterday. the graphcis and control/combat feel much better. Very Happy
im only lvl 5 i think hehe, atleast half way to getting my lightsaber and getting rid of this stupid glow stick. Wink

P.S. World of warcraft has been unsubscribed to.....for now atleast.

p.s.s. my ingame name is zhanzabar

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
SarX

Re: Star Wars Old Republic

quote:
Originally posted by stoned@chayliss
quote:
Originally posted by SarX
I have this game but I'm having a hard time getting into it.. is it worth spending the time on?

only you can decide.....by playing it some

I now play star wars the old republic. Guild Templar Knights..Server Iron Citadel...PVP EST. PvP guild and PvE progression. Alliance.

I copied my human holy priest and made a human jedi consular..gonna take the sage path and be a healer and use force techniques and not to shabby with a lightsaber either.

i played a weekened pass stress test and the graphcis and control feel/comat felt off.

i started yesterday. the graphcis and control/combat feel much better. Very Happy
im only lvl 5 i think hehe, atleast half way to getting my lightsaber and getting rid of this stupid glow stick. Wink

P.S. World of warcraft has been unsubscribed to.....for now atleast.

p.s.s. my ingame name is zhanzabar

I should have clarified, I'm playing KOTOR (knights of the old republic) not the new MMO game. But, after having said that, how's the gameplay so far Chay?

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:31 pm 
stoned@chayliss

i played both kotrs, tor is by far better. controls and combat are immensely better. while retaining the story and cutscenes.

the opening movie has a duel in it that beats any of the duels in the 6 movies.

but there are duels in some of the books that are amazing.

Post Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote