FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Death by means of starvation in the U.S

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
swift0ne

Death by means of starvation in the U.S

Although I worked for KGB texting service and was trained how to Google search properly, I still suck tremendously at it and I cannot find statistics on how many American's die of starvation in the us due to poverty, and I was hoping someone on here could help me out?

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:26 pm 
RamJam

I really doubt very many people in the U.S. die of starvation they don't literally have access to food because they are living in poverty. It's really not that hard to get food stamps here. Any deaths would most likely be related to anorexia/parent neglect/mental illness.

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:49 pm 
swift0ne

Yeah I am aware that the figure is fairly low, I just want to know what it is.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:01 am 
RamJam

Just saying any starvation death statistics you find will likely be attributable to other reasons than just poverty.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:02 am 
swift0ne

Yeah, I was wanting to specify that I wanted statistics pertaining to starvation through means of poverty and not manners such as parental neglect and what not but I figured that might be hard for anyone on here to find

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:04 am 
kublikhan

You might try searching for something like: malnutrition related deaths United States, the CDC uses the term malnutrition instead of starvation. In the US, this is generally more of a problem for the elderly who have a multitude of issues, not just poverty. In the US some 2,000 - 3,000 deaths per year happen because of malnutrition. Unfortunately, that number is total malnutrition deaths not those from poverty alone. But perhaps it can be a starting point for you. You might want to check out these articles for more info:

quote:
Originally posted by article
malnutrition related deaths are primarily found among infants in the developing world, such cases are actually concentrated among older adults in the United States. Specifically, they found that where levels of education are low among older adults, poverty is high, rates of disability are high, there is limited access to telephones or where older adults are more likely to live alone or be widowed, the rates of death by malnutrition are significantly higher.

"The fact that 2,000 to 3,000 people a year die due to malnutrition-related causes in the U.S. beckons the need for additional research on this important threat to public health," said Lee. "Our study, being the first of its kind, will hopefully prompt other researchers to begin examining this problem more closely."
Community Conditions Related to Malnutrition Deaths Among Older Adults

quote:
Originally posted by article
Malnutrition is more prevalent among older adults, especially over the age of 70. They may eat too little, lack nutrition or have digestion problems related to aging. This can stem from certain medications, trouble chewing due to dental issues, problems swallowing or difficulty absorbing nutrients, according to the Mayo Clinic.

The rates of malnutrition mortality among older adults vary widely across communities. The communities with higher levels of socioeconomic disadvantage, social isolation and disability are more likely to have higher rates of malnutrition-related deaths, wrote the author, Matthew Lee, a sociology professor at Louisiana State University.

"Communities where adults are living alone and are widowed have higher rates of dying from malnutrition," he said. "When people are embedded in strong social networks, they fare better."
Malnutrition killing elderly in U.S.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:18 am 
RamJam

Sad part is in my state they are severely cutting down on food stamps and soup kitchen funding. Maybe in a few years starvation from poverty will be a real issue in the U.S.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:45 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

try this article http://ampedstatus.org/exclusive-analysis-of-financial-terrorism-in-america-over-1-million-deaths-annually-62-million-people-with-zero-net-worth-as-the-economic-elite-make-off-with-46-trillion/#abstract

also, if one judges great depression america by the same standards the USSR famines were judged, the US/FDR/capitalism (take a pick) is responsible for millions of death due to famine in the dust bowl

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:57 am 
$paCe

quote:
Originally posted by RamJam
Sad part is in my state they are severely cutting down on food stamps and soup kitchen funding. Maybe in a few years starvation from poverty will be a real issue in the U.S.

Start impregnating black women then and you'll get all you can eat from the government. Actually half black half navajo.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:32 am 
GoldHP

KGB... that is how it worked?

Forget calling Jon a virgin, that would be too nice since he never even touched a girl + he is the biggest faggot ov all time.

Originally posted by EQ
im not really good in english but this song see like really wack..

Post Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:36 pm 
swift0ne

yeah, just people at their personal computers getting paid $.10 to answer a question that costs $.99

Post Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:29 am 
{Lancelight}

U mean there are actually people doin that stuff? I always thought it was just a couple chimps considering the answers you get back.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:14 pm