Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
swift0ne

quote:
Originally posted by Terra
quote:
Originally posted by swift0ne
you lived in every part of china?

18 people is a large demographic of people in a small time frame Kyle. I think that it speaks highly of their culture.When i traveled I was always polite and respectful to everyone I came in contact with. I was just pointing out that in our country and in our culture that this particular incident would not have happened, it isn't the Australian way. I wouldn't check their skin color before I decide to call for help. Blatantly putting on blinders to the fact a BABY was left to bleed in the street after being hit by TWO cars is the shameful part of it all. 18 people.

Is it? Large by what standards? I'm not saying culture doesn't play a role in it, but don't be fooled into thinking these type of things are exclusive to China, or not possible in Australia for that matter. They happen around the world, there is no known cultural barriers that you speak of. as 667 mentioned, Kitty Genovese is a classic example, where the murderer stabbed her several times only to come back and seen coming back by witnesses, then stabbed her several more times and raped her as she bled to death. But that's old school, lets keep it recent. Think Ilan Halimi from France who was kidnapped and tortured for weeks by a couple dozen people. they beat him, wrapped his head in duct tape, burned him with lighters, broke small joints, cut him, and burned him alive. The catchy part, neighbors all around heard and came to spectate.18 people walk passed yae yae surprises you? how about weeks of people coming and finding interest, let alone no compassion, in watching a person go through that. Think Sergio Agruiar beating his son to death in front of a crowd who does nothing but watch. Or Hugo Alfredo stabbed and left for dead on a sidewalk for well over an hour bleeding before help arrived, mind you this was in the very populated city of New York. Oh and apparently he was only coming to the help a woman who was being attacked.

Cases without violence against another? Think Simone Back the lady from europe who posted on facebook that she was going to commit suicide and none of her "friends" called 9/11 or went to her house. or heres another interesting one: http://wn.com/Woman_Dies_on_Kings_County_Hospital_Floor

Worse off, you might find that people can go from being inconsiderate spectators to participants of cruelty, if you're thinking small think Richmond high in cali where several gang raped and beat a 15 yo girl and the by standards began to take pictures of it. On a large scale? Think the holocaust, where thousands of soldiers claimed no responsibility as they were just taking order. There are hundreds of similar large scale examples like this with many documented cases, I wonder if it has anything to with the "Bystander effect" in that the larger the crowd the more disassociated it becomes, I don't know. But As an American it's easy to recall numerous examples by KKK, or the native American genocide, slavery and so on., even though they don't seem to teach such perspective in k-12.

quote:
Originally posted by Terra
Well maybe it is just me but I thought everyone would be compelled to stop and help. How naive of me.

Yeah it is naive, but its alright, cuz it is pretty common. I think just about everyone is surprised when they first start to become aware of such things. I know I was

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 pm 
The_G0D

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
i lived in the area for 3 years and culturally i noticed little regard for others. lots of cheating, lying, pushing, stepping over bleeding bodies.
Didn't find it that bad considering all the flack that I'd heard beforehand, but I was only there for a few weeks so I guess I can take your account as ground truth!

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:28 pm 
Fast Luck

the stepping over bleeding bodies part was a joke btw though

quote:
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:52 am 
$paCe

quote:
Things like this have happened in NYC. People dying on the Subway and riding it all day long

You got that off of the movie collateral, tell the truth.

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:42 am 
The_G0D

quote:
the stepping over bleeding bodies part was a joke btw though
obv!

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:23 am 
Jon;

A Chinese woman who came to international attention after rescuing a 2-year-old girl run over by two cars and walked past by 18 people as she lay dying on the street has been forced to leave her home town after neighbours and others harassed her, saying she only did it for the fame.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:12 pm 
swift0ne

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
A Chinese woman who came to international attention after rescuing a 2-year-old girl run over by two cars and walked past by 18 people as she lay dying on the street has been forced to leave her home town after neighbours and others harassed her, saying she only did it for the fame.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

whattttttt, source?

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:59 pm 
GenOciDe-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGaJrgi_SpE&feature=related

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:39 pm 
The_G0D

quote:
Originally posted by GenOciDe-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGaJrgi_SpE&feature=related

lol I hope every single person that walked by and did nothing dies of a horrible painful death...tomorrow.

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:21 am 
$paCe

messed up, makes no sense.

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:41 am 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by swift0ne
quote:
Originally posted by Jon;

Shocked Shocked Shocked

whattttttt, source?

http://the-diplomat.com/china-power/2011/10/20/chen-xianmei%E2%80%99s-tragedy/

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:16 am 
Fast Luck

Haha, that's exactly the kind of thing im talking about.

quote:

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:45 am 
Kith-Kanin

She died today.

Sad

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BanMe

discuss

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:16 pm 
swift0ne

^Reality

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:20 pm 
turtleman@can

Something like this happened in my city.
An enraged boyfriend stabbed his ex-girlfriend multiple times outside of a tanning salon one morning on a main street - hundreds of cars passed by and did nothing. People working across the street at a car dealership witnessed it and did nothing.

I think in this case the woman would have died anyway but it's kind of scary knowing that humans in general do not have the courage to stand up against acts of evil.

The only thing to say really, is if you ever witness something like this, be a fucking hero, even in Genocide's link - I'd rather be THAT guy than one of those faggots taking a cell phone shot of a bleeding corpse on a sidewalk. If you don't live your life with integrity you're a piece of shit.

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:57 pm 
turtleman@can

Tip for dealing with fear:

Breath very deeply and focus on your own breath. No matter what's happening continue to focus on breathing - You will be surprised at how this will allow you to think clearly in very emotional situations.

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:03 pm 
The_G0D

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
Something like this happened in my city.
An enraged boyfriend stabbed his ex-girlfriend multiple times outside of a tanning salon one morning on a main street - hundreds of cars passed by and did nothing. People working across the street at a car dealership witnessed it and did nothing.

I think in this case the woman would have died anyway but it's kind of scary knowing that humans in general do not have the courage to stand up against acts of evil.

The only thing to say really, is if you ever witness something like this, be a fucking hero, even in Genocide's link - I'd rather be THAT guy than one of those faggots taking a cell phone shot of a bleeding corpse on a sidewalk. If you don't live your life with integrity you're a piece of shit.

amen

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:09 pm 
$paCe

tbh if one of you were ran over and I was near by, I'd probably take pics with my phone. Well there are a few of you I would definitely help.

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:53 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe

discuss

Probably not shown:
Little black girl acting like a super out of control demon child and white cop saying "fuck this"

Could be wrong but I doubt a cop would pepper spray a little girl for no apparent reason

Kind of annoyed by biased media. Seems like there's a tilt on either end to prove points - It'd be nice if they met somewhere in the middle so people actually knew what the fuck was going on.

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:40 pm 
ChrisLui

quote:

Probably not shown:
Little black girl acting like a super out of control demon child and white cop saying "fuck this"

well the little girl is with her mom who is holding onto her pretty tightly...what could she have possibly been doing to warrant pepper spray...even if she was acting like a "demon child" (lol)...just going "man fuck...I really don't have the energy for this today" *sprays little girl's face* is stupid and not right....how can u possibly need pepper spray to subdue someone 1/5 of ur size lol...

quote:

Could be wrong but I doubt a cop would pepper spray a little girl for no apparent reason

ya u probably are wrong...plus your definition of a good reason sucks...see above
quote:

Kind of annoyed by biased media. Seems like there's a tilt on either end to prove points - It'd be nice if they met somewhere in the middle so people actually knew what the fuck was going on.
lol...im kind of annoyed at ppl who think these sorts of arguments hold any water....

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:47 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Probably not shown:

lol kill yourself you loathsome fat fuck

"of course he had a reason to pepper spray her, just look at her, she's black"
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:58 am 
Jon;

quote:
quote:

discuss

Probably not shown:

It's a child, I don't agree under any circumstances pepper spraying a child.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:20 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
quote:

discuss

Probably not shown:

ahahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahahahahahahah

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:00 am 
Kyr.Luoson

I would think what he did would warrant prison time tbh

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:49 pm 
The_G0D

so do these cops over there get prosecuted or what? I'm so sheltered being from the least corrupt country in the world etc. rofl, fuck if i saw that cop pepper spray that kid, and knew i was being filmed/photographed for evidence, i'd knock him the fuck out. weak

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:42 pm 
Fast Luck

tony baloney, the guy who pepper sprayed the women at OWS, lost his vacation days

if a cop murders someone, sometimes they get reassigned to a desk job.

quote:

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:51 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

quote:
tony baloney, the guy who pepper sprayed the women at OWS, lost his vacation days

if a cop murders someone, sometimes they get reassigned to a desk job.

Lost his vacation days? so what hes going work more and be even angry because he cant even take a break to relax

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:52 pm 
Fast Luck

when i was a kid working at a restaurant, one time i called a cop a "cop" and he gave me a lecture about respect and the meaning of the word "cop" (which doesn't mean anything bad btw, so who knows what this guy's deal was, oh i know, he was a COP!!!)..

quote:

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:55 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by The_G0D
so do these cops over there get prosecuted or what?

hahahahahahah
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:56 pm