FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Chinese 2 year old girl run over....and left there
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kith-Kanin

Chinese 2 year old girl run over....and left there

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/18/chinese-girl-2-run-over-by-van-ignored-by-at-least-18-bystanders/

So, I don't care where this happened, because I think it could happen anywhere, but what the FUCK is wrong with people?

At one point, in the video, a mother and child walk by this little girl as she's lying in a pool of blood.......................?????????????

At times I almost agree with Jon, fuck humanity.

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Terra

I read about this this morning on the train and was horrified as a person and as a mother. It was on the same page as a story about how Australians are unwelcoming of FOB (fresh off the boat) immigrants and how we don't respect their culture. Irony. I am positive if something like that happened here ( in Australia) by the time the 18th person stopped we would have already had an ambulance there police on site and people trying to at least help. I would be ashamed to be from there and considering their "culture" is thousands of years old, where is the compassion. It sickens me.

Edit to say I could never watch the video. I think it would haunt me for the rest of my life.

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:24 pm 
The_G0D

white-pride is rife within Australian culture though. Not ragging on the Aussies but there's no shortage of closet racists here Sad

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:48 pm 
Terra

Agreed D but it is doubtful we wouldn't help someone bleeding on the ground based on color

T x

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:50 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

australians are mad racist rofl

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:31 pm 
SarX

Re: Chinese 2 year old girl run over....and left there

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/18/chinese-girl-2-run-over-by-van-ignored-by-at-least-18-bystanders/

So, I don't care where this happened, because I think it could happen anywhere, but what the FUCK is wrong with people?

At one point, in the video, a mother and child walk by this little girl as she's lying in a pool of blood.......................?????????????

At times I almost agree with Jon, fuck humanity.

90% of humanity are worthless bags of skin. I can only imagine what another race of beings would think of us - savage children probably.

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:44 pm 
$paCe

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/18/chinese-girl-2-run-over-by-van-ignored-by-at-least-18-bystanders/ too horrible probably, didn't watch

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:50 pm 
terror-kahn

they dont show her getting hit .. they show the van driving up to her(no fucking idea how they didnt see her) . then skip to her "blurred out" body on the ground with multiple people completely ignoring it

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
swift0ne

I can't even comprehend how none of those people would stop.

quote:
Originally posted by Terra
I read about this this morning on the train and was horrified as a person and as a mother. It was on the same page as a story about how Australians are unwelcoming of FOB (fresh off the boat) immigrants and how we don't respect their culture. Irony. I am positive if something like that happened here ( in Australia) by the time the 18th person stopped we would have already had an ambulance there police on site and people trying to at least help. I would be ashamed to be from there and considering their "culture" is thousands of years old, where is the compassion. It sickens me.

Edit to say I could never watch the video. I think it would haunt me for the rest of my life.

What do you have to base this on? Seriously lol. I've never been to aussie, and I don't know what makes the people there so different but please explain. It's absolutely shocking something like this would happen anywhere, and is literally next to unbelievable, but what makes you think Australia is any different? When it comes to bystanders watching/witnessing or passing by something terrible like this, you hear about it happening all over the world from time to time.

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:03 pm 
terror-kahn

swift .. you would be supprised @ how different cultures react differently to certain situations.

when i was in haiti, i saw a man(accused of stealing) shot in the head in the middle of the market .. people shopping in the market acted as if nothing happened and just walked around him or stepped over his dead body

granted 250,000 people died in the earthquake a couple weeks before this event, and bodies lined the streets just days before this event .. but its still shocking. they acted like nothing happened.

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
terror-kahn

for all we know that specific area could have been a gang's territory, drug territory, some slums .. who knows. people might have ignored the incident out of fear for their own safety.. not knowing what actually happened.

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:13 pm 
swift0ne

No, actually I wouldn't be. Again, if this happens in countless "cultures" around the world, is there some "cultural" secret to be implemented that the "inconsiderate societies" have ignored or been unaware of?

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:14 pm 
Jon;

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/usa/china/2011-10/18/content_13920575.htm

GUANGZHOU - Despite critics' disparagements of the woman who rescued a 2-year-old girl this past week in Foshan, Guangdong province, the girl's mother said she believes the rescuer is a good person.

People are actually criticizing the only person that did anything to help the dying girl.

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:18 pm 
swift0ne

quote:
Originally posted by terror-kahn
swift .. you would be supprised @ how different cultures react differently to certain situations.

when i was in haiti, i saw a man(accused of stealing) shot in the head in the middle of the market .. people shopping in the market acted as if nothing happened and just walked around him or stepped over his dead body

granted 250,000 people died in the earthquake a couple weeks before this event, and bodies lined the streets just days before this event .. but its still shocking. they acted like nothing happened.

And what did you do?

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:25 pm 
terror-kahn

quote:
Originally posted by swift0ne
quote:
Originally posted by terror-kahn

And what did you do?

i was in a truck on a mission. i had orders. they didnt involve getting out of the truck and risking harm to myself or my convoy for an already dead man.

if i were a civilian in that situation, going about my daily life and free to make whatever choices i wanted.. i would like to believe i would have found a way to remove the body and give him some sort of proper burial.

hard to say because i wasnt in that particular situation...those people literally saw their loved one's dead bodies scattered all over the town just days before this happened. im sure they were extremely desensitized

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:52 pm 
The_G0D

A few years ago I was trying to purchase a ticket to Shanghai at the main train station in Beijing. The queue behind me was huge and I was working up a sweat trying to order this ticket in what little mandarin I had learnt, when this nice old lady from half way up the queue flagged her spot just to help me out as she spoke a little English. Wtf, in the middle of Beijing? Definitely didn't expect that at all. Got my ticket, she went back to her place in the queue after the people let her back in. What a star.

Had other experiences of people doing good deeds on the same trip too. Guess it's safe to say although SarX is right, 10% of the good left on this planet are found everywhere you go and not just limited to Australia. *cough* Wink

Last edited by The_G0D on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:52 am 
-667-

quote:

sieg heil

Probably just bystander effect for the most part, or something like that

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:53 am 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by -667-
quote:

sieg heil

Probably just bystander effect for the most part, or something like that

i don't condone their actions but it seems to be pretty common and possibly human nature to not get involved with strangers in trouble. at least from what I can tell watching dateline nbc on sunday nights and other internet videos.

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:24 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by The_G0D
A few years ago I was trying to purchase a ticket to Shanghai at the main train station in Beijing. The queue behind me was huge and I was working up a sweat trying to order this ticket in what little mandarin I had learnt, when this nice old lady from half way up the queue flagged her spot just to help me out as she spoke a little English. Wtf, in the middle of Beijing? Definitely didn't expect that at all. Got my ticket, she went back to her place in the queue after the people let her back in. What a star.

Had other experiences of people doing good deeds on the same trip too. Guess it's safe to say although SarX is right, 10% of the good left on this planet are found everywhere you go and not just limited to Australia. *cough* Wink
I dunno, from my experiences in china i think culturally stepping over a dying girl is more common than what happened to you.
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:33 am 
The_G0D

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
quote:
Originally posted by The_G0D

I dunno, from my experiences in china i think culturally stepping over a dying girl is more common than what happened to you.

Trolln?

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:51 pm 
swift0ne

culturally

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:53 pm 
Fast Luck

i lived in the area for 3 years and culturally i noticed little regard for others. lots of cheating, lying, pushing, stepping over bleeding bodies.

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:11 pm 
swift0ne

you lived in every part of china?

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:27 pm 
Fast Luck

of course, but there is only one part of china. one china policy ftw

quote:

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:28 pm 
Terra

quote:

18 people is a large demographic of people in a small time frame Kyle. I think that it speaks highly of their culture.When i traveled I was always polite and respectful to everyone I came in contact with. I was just pointing out that in our country and in our culture that this particular incident would not have happened, it isn't the Australian way. I wouldn't check their skin color before I decide to call for help. Blatantly putting on blinders to the fact a BABY was left to bleed in the street after being hit by TWO cars is the shameful part of it all. 18 people.

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:58 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:

LOL @ your racism
"we are unwelcoming to asians? preposterous! 'Oh look at that disgusting asian culture!"

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:14 pm 
-667-

quote:
quote:

18 people is a large demographic of people in a small time frame Kyle. I think that it speaks highly of their culture.When i traveled I was always polite and respectful to everyone I came in contact with. I was just pointing out that in our country and in our culture that this particular incident would not have happened, it isn't the Australian way. I wouldn't check their skin color before I decide to call for help. Blatantly putting on blinders to the fact a BABY was left to bleed in the street after being hit by TWO cars is the shameful part of it all. 18 people.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kitty_Genovese

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:18 pm 
Terra

Well maybe it is just me but I thought everyone would be compelled to stop and help. How naive of me.

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:26 pm 
-667-

quote:
Well maybe it is just me but I thought everyone would be compelled to stop and help. How naive of me.

Perhaps it isn't very naive, but to suggest it's unusual is pretty naive.

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:29 pm 
Fast Luck

Things like this have happened in NYC. People dying on the Subway and riding it all day long, people passed out on a city sidewalk and people walk past them forever. of course for a bloody little girl it'd all change, rofl

quote:

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:52 pm