FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Battlefield 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kith-Kanin

Battlefield 3

I realize all these warfare games are pretty much the same standard crap, but the visuals on this really do look amazing compared to anything I've seen before. Plus 32 versus 32 maps always were fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC9-5oKPPlU

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
TheDRAX

Impressed

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:28 am 

yeah i went to see Patton Oswalt perform at an entertainment expo earlier this year and they had just released the first trailer for that. they played it on the screen before the show about 20 times. equally amazing each time.

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:02 am 
WarMaN_WH

Yeah I got this shit pre-ordered and waiting for beta, can't wait.

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:17 pm 
kublikhan

Ugh, another FPS.

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:23 pm 
MassiveAttack

fps with 64 player maps on pc with vehicles - jets, tanks, humvees, atvs, uavs. It kind of amazes me that MW3 looks the same since the first iteration of MW. I pre-ordered this last month, but the trailer just re-affirms my early purchase. Cool

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:29 pm 
SarX

This looks amaaazing.. i'd have to buy a new computer just to run it though.. makes me sad.

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:02 pm 
BanMe

Yeah if you have a PC the DX11 version should be a blast. Although I'm not so sure how the console version will end up

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:04 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

Looking forward to Red orcherstra 2 more. Much like warcraft 2, game play > graphics.

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:15 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

these games are always terrible, the only people dumber than the people who play these games are the people who keep buying the new ones (and also the people who get excited for the same trailer every year). this includes massiveattack, whom i respect.

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:20 pm 
SarX

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
these games are always terrible, the only people dumber than the people who play these games are the people who keep buying the new ones (and also the people who get excited for the same trailer every year). this includes massiveattack, whom i respect.

dude, the trailer on youtube for battlefield 3 looks very not terrible. Well, as far as graphics go, were you referring to gameplay and playability?

Nah he's just trying to be edgy and go against the mold.

The trailer definitely looks like what I would imagine a huge warzone to be like.

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:09 pm 
MassiveAttack

quote:

Your honestly is appreciated, but unlike most shooters, which crop up every 1-2 years (more so on console, of course). Battlefield 2 came out a very long time ago, 7 years ago to be exact. This is the proper sequel to probably one of the best team-based shooters of all time, close, if not better then Counter-Strike.

They released an extensive list of vehicles, weaponry, all that stuff. 22 vehicles. Ah, yes Smile. I think Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was the only true shooter I loved since maybe the early Medal of Honor games on PlayStation (so long ago), if you have a squad to play with on ventrilo or skype, w/e it gets infinitely better and competitive, the teamwork aspect is unmatched. BF2 / BF3 and specifically DICE are what shooters need to be. Modern Warfare has and is becoming recycled, also there is zero teamwork in modern shooters nowadays because everyone tends to have a lone wolf syndrome lol.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-3/1189271p1.html

It's quite understandable to be cynical about new FPS' since most are extremely mediocre (Brink comes to mind, thankfully I didn't touch that shit), but you could really say the same thing for sports games as well. Madden for example, they haven't made big changes in years, yet devoted, idiot fans consistently by them, like Call of Duty. Other than Bad Company 2 and well BF3 I don't enjoy any other FPS on either console or PC. RPGs, Action/Adventure games are more my mold. Even if some of them fit the FPS genre in limited ways (Uncharted, Mass Effect 2).

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:27 pm 
turtleman@can

I've had stints playing FPS games
Duke Nuken - Quake 1 - Battlefield 1942 - Halo - Modern Warfare - still waiting for the next one to really grip me.

I kinda feel like Modern Warfare really perfected the FPS genre but it just got old. I'm not holding my breath. BF3 looks amazing but it's really going to boil down to how well they implement the vehicle combat. I feel like that's something that's not really been done yet but could draw me in.

Vehicle combat in halo was terrible. It wasn't that bad in previous battlefield games but it felt very gimmicky

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:48 am 
SarX

quote:
Originally posted by SarX
quote:

dude, the trailer on youtube for battlefield 3 looks very not terrible. Well, as far as graphics go, were you referring to gameplay and playability?

The trailer definitely looks like what I would imagine a huge warzone to be like.

Weird, did a moderator add the 2nd and 3rd sentences in this post? I only posted the top part.

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:01 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
quote:
quote:

Weird, did a moderator add the 2nd and 3rd sentences in this post? I only posted the top part.

That's odd. I was posting something, and for some reason it edited your post instead of giving me an original post... must have hit edit instead of reply I guess.

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's odd. I was posting something, and for some reason it edited your post instead of giving me an original post... must have hit edit instead of reply I guess.

i loled

that's odd, that bitch shut up really quickly after she started arguing with me. must have been this gun i shot her with i guess.

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:51 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
quote:
quote:
quote:

i loled

that's odd, that bitch shut up really quickly after she started arguing with me. must have been this gun i shot her with i guess.

That's odd. I was just taking a stroll through the bushes and for some reason this girl's neck fell in between both my hands and knocked my paints around my ankles... must have tripped I guess.

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:31 am 
TheDRAX

I need advice. Below are my specs. I installed BF3 but I cannot get the game to play. Should it play? What should I do to get it to play?

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/31/2010, 09:26:26
Machine name: FIRSTBUILT
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/24/09 15:59:45 Ver: 05.06
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 1574MB used, 14806MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

--------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4770
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x94B3)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_94B3&SUBSYS_29001682&REV_00
Display Memory: 3570 MB
Dedicated Memory: 502 MB
Shared Memory: 3067 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: L1720P
Monitor Id: GSM437F
Native Mode: 1280 x 1024(p) (60.020Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: atiu9p64 aticfx64 aticfx64 atiu9pag aticfx32 aticfx32 atiumd64 atidxx64 atidxx64 atiumdag atidxx32 atidxx32 atiumdva atiumd6a atitmm64
Driver File Version: ()
Driver Version: 8.702.0.0
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: , 0 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D7F3-11CF-FD62-0109A1C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x94B3
SubSys ID: 0x29001682
Revision ID: 0x0000
Driver Strong Name: oem9.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_RV7X:8.702.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_94b3&subsys_29001682
Rank Of Driver: 00E60001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:05 pm 

Mine plays fine. Here are my specs:

xbox360

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:56 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Location: Texas

xbox360
shitty console controller
auto-aim
babby rattle

A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:03 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by TheDRAX
I need advice. Below are my specs. I installed BF3 but I cannot get the game to play. Should it play? What should I do to get it to play?

Did you launch the game from the web site? That's the only way it can be launched.

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:24 pm 
turtleman@can

I picked up the PC version - I'm kind of a noob but if anyone wants to compare dick sizes on origin or watch me crash my entire team into the ocean flying helicopters, my id is tmancanada

You can actually launch it without origin but you need to download a crack by razer (haven't tried it yet and it only works for legit purchases, and probably not worth possibly getting ur account banned for)

My only complaint so far is the game is ALWAYS fucking lagging to the point where I don't even trust if I'm actually missing my enemies or just getting lag spikes. It's especially bad when I first spawn, I rubber band for like 5 minutes

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:08 pm 
The_G0D

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
quote:

xbox360
auto-aim
babby rattle

I played CS from 1.3 up until 1.6, so I don't mind my FPS, but I can't for the life of me get into console FPS' because of exactly these flaws Sad

PCFTW

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:13 pm 

quote:
quote:

xbox360
auto-aim
babby rattle

i know. i can just never find the motivation to spend the money to update my tower every 2 or 3 years so i end up way behind on hardware. much cheaper to just spend the $45 on the 2 or 3 console games that come out every year that i want. it helps that my birthday and christmas are right in the juiciest season for releases too. obviously FPS is way better on pc. i enjoyed the shit out of new vegas on the xbox though.

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:13 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

ya i dont rly care i'm just saiyan

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 pm 
RamJam

quote:
Originally posted by The_G0D
quote:
quote:

xbox360
auto-aim
babby rattle

I played CS from 1.3 up until 1.6, so I don't mind my FPS, but I can't for the life of me get into console FPS' because of exactly these flaws Sad

PCFTW

I'm with you. I have so many friends who don't mind using joysticks to aim but after countless hours playing COD on the PS3 I still can't stand it. Counter Strike has ruined console FPS games for me. I just like playing console games because they are a lot more social.

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:17 pm 
TheDRAX

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:
Originally posted by TheDRAX

Did you launch the game from the web site? That's the only way it can be launched.

Yea I did.
I ended up being able to play a couple games on multi-player, but when the round ends and the "load screen" for the next round finishes loading, the game crashes my entire system before it loads. Like total reboot of my machine. Perhaps my CPUs are not strong enough, but I wouldn't think that (thoughts?)

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:20 pm 
RamJam

Your PC is fine and should be able to play it on lower/medium settings without much of an issue. Sounds like a software/driver issue to me.

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:24 pm 
TheDRAX

I (think) updated my graphics driver today. Could it be a need to re install?

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:30 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by RamJam
quote:
Originally posted by The_G0D
quote:
quote:

xbox360
auto-aim
babby rattle

PCFTW

I'm with you. I have so many friends who don't mind using joysticks to aim but after countless hours playing COD on the PS3 I still can't stand it. Counter Strike has ruined console FPS games for me. I just like playing console games because they are a lot more social.

yeah i can't stand it either. didn't know any better as a kid but now that i'm used to mouse/keyboard i'd rather not even play a fps at all than play it with a controller.

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:34 pm