FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

OLD CLANS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SoCxEcLiPzE

~BH~, $@W_, (UT), -DoM-, Xv___xMoonvX, {ban}, MR` are some notables that most aren't recalling.

Also.... those of us who hung out in channel "Classic Games" were kind of a tagless clan.

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
anti[as]

I think [as] is a clan?

Post Mon May 28, 2012 9:57 pm 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxEcLiPzE
~BH~, $@W_, (UT), -DoM-, Xv___xMoonvX, {ban}, MR` are some notables that most aren't recalling.

those are custom newbie clans, i raped them all back in the day on bgh.
i think there was anothre clan called 1o3 or something, maybe you remember.

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:14 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

lol jon used to play bgh

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:24 pm 
-667-

lol

Post Tue May 29, 2012 3:11 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
lol jon used to play bgh

post of the year

Post Wed May 30, 2012 7:09 am 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
quote:

I played some bgh too. yeah 1o3 was a clan but it was way below the caliber of clans I mentioned. In particular BH and UT were the best of the best... as far as customs go anyway.

Edit: Close thread before people start trying to legitimize free maps.

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
BonerChamp69

quote:
quote:

lmao, 1o3 fucking blew ass.

edit: Dreamer and {ban} were the best in customs IMO.

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:09 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
Originally posted by BonerChamp69
quote:
quote:

ban was good for a period of time...Dreamer was not very good at all. They were good at BGH but thats it. BH/UT were literally the best at every custom map.

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:38 pm 
BonerChamp69

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ban was good for a period of time...Dreamer was not very good at all. They were good at BGH but thats it. BH/UT were literally the best at every custom map.

all the best (UT) players eventually joined dreamer. Dreamer consisted of the best {ban}/(UT) players. (Turbo, Sub~zero aka greenplastic, dreamerjosh aka ^d!sected, etc.) It originally began as a smurf clan for players from both of those clans. Yes, a few of them were bad, but every clan had their own newbs. In my opinion no one in ~BH~ was good, except for Nova and Osiris.

Edit: just so there is no confusion, i'm talking about: bgh 2hf, C6, Ez5, 2cc, Nucky's, Gruntworks, Arena, 62 peons(gay), Archer Friends, Taiga(not technically a custom, but everyone in those custom clans listed above played it regularly).

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:32 pm 
Swift

On a side note, I've never met a customs player that was good at war2

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:20 am 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
Originally posted by Swift

i didnt play battle.net for as long as other people, but in my experience I've never met a good war2 player that didnt destroy all customs players on any custom map.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:16 pm 
BonerChamp69

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
quote:

i didnt play battle.net for as long as other people, but in my experience I've never met a good war2 player that didnt destroy all customs players on any custom map.

Not entirely true, Greenplastic can beat any good war2 player in any custom that isn't chop chop. Same with ^D!sected. Both now well known in Gow/Bne F and GoW EF community.
Swift sucks at customs, so it's obvious he would say something like that. :]

However, I do agree gow ef takes much more skill than any custom ever made. Customs do help with the basics and increasing APM for any new warcraft II player.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:08 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:

You met me. Also ~BH~Osiris aka Oxide.exe was very good....easily on par with the top classic/ladder map players at the time. There has been a lot of good people who transitioned over...not worth taking the time to mention them all. I was never a "top tier" classic/ladder player but i was way above average. Customs I was in BH and UT, and most definitely on the top.

If (anyone) cares... this is my opinion(s) and obviously like with anything in war2... "the best" is always time sensitive.

*If what you say is true and the disbanded members of UT made up dreamer...then yeah they were the best lol.

Best BGH player(s): $@W_Raven, Dieslow, :+:KoRea:+:, W!nter (This dude was probably the hands down best all around player in my day.)

Best Gruntwork player(s): In a moment of pride...Me or Stallion. No one else came remotely close.

Best ez5 player(s): Went back and forth between Infected, Osiris, Turbo, Warlord... UT/BH had this map monopolized. No one outside of those clans came remotely close. Later on HoRRoR and TeRRoR (Not the same dude's from the ladder community) god pretty good.

c6: I do remember Dreamer dude's had this on lock down. TeRRoR (Whirlwind, CJ) was the shit at this too. He taught me it.

Anyway.... moral of the story:
UT/BH were the absolute top tier of the custom world. And we're talking about customs like BGH, ez5, c6, gruntwork, etc .... not to be confused with the most recent custom maps like free, chop, etc that are garbage.

I also say this as someone who believes that custom maps take less skill than ladder/classic maps.

Last edited by SoCxEcLiPzE on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:20 pm 
Swift

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
quote:

Not entirely true, Greenplastic can beat any good war2 player in any custom that isn't chop chop. Same with ^D!sected. Both now well known in Gow/Bne F and GoW EF community.
Swift sucks at customs, so it's obvious he would say something like that. :]

However, I do agree gow ef takes much more skill than any custom ever made. Customs do help with the basics and increasing APM for any new warcraft II player.

If by "beat" you mean are capable of winning a game or two in a series, then yeah.

Also, I don't think there is anything to suggest that customs in general, or any custom in particular increases APM on non macro money maps or anything outside of customs

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:35 pm 
Swift

quote:
quote:

You met me. Also ~BH~Osiris aka Oxide.exe was very good....easily on par with the top classic/ladder map players at the time. There has been a lot of good people who transitioned over...not worth taking the time to mention them all. I was never a "top tier" classic/ladder player but i was way above average. Customs I was in BH and UT, and most definitely on the top.

yeah you, osiris and some others were ok

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:40 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah you, osiris and some others were ok

Yeah. Still #1 Friends.pud though.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:50 pm 
Swift

You weren't bad at that map, one of the better players IMO. But it wasn't a heavily played map, and it's not a map that takes a lot of skill either (It's a lot closer to a custom like Gruntwork or Archers Friends than it is to a map like gow)

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:56 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
You weren't bad at that map, one of the better players IMO. But it wasn't a heavily played map, and it's not a map that takes a lot of skill either (It's a lot closer to a custom like Gruntwork or Archers Friends than it is to a map like gow)

lol i always enjoy your high horsedness.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:29 pm 
Swift

quote:

You must have thought I was the one randomly bringing up that I think I'm #1 on friends. Lets review

quote:

Prime example of "high horsedness"

quote:
You weren't bad at that map, one of the better players IMO.

Prime example of a compliment. You're welcome, don't be such a cynic.

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:52 pm 
BonerChamp69

quote:
quote:

If (anyone) cares... this is my opinion(s) and obviously like with anything in war2... "the best" is always time sensitive.

*If what you say is true and the disbanded members of UT made up dreamer...then yeah they were the best lol.

Best BGH player(s): $@W_Raven, Dieslow, :+:KoRea:+:, W!nter (This dude was probably the hands down best all around player in my day.)

Best Gruntwork player(s): In a moment of pride...Me or Stallion. No one else came remotely close.

Best ez5 player(s): Went back and forth between Infected, Osiris, Turbo, Warlord... UT/BH had this map monopolized. No one outside of those clans came remotely close. Later on HoRRoR and TeRRoR (Not the same dude's from the ladder community) god pretty good.

c6: I do remember Dreamer dude's had this on lock down. TeRRoR (Whirlwind, CJ) was the shit at this too. He taught me it.

Anyway.... moral of the story:
UT/BH were the absolute top tier of the custom world. And we're talking about customs like BGH, ez5, c6, gruntwork, etc .... not to be confused with the most recent custom maps like free, chop, etc that are garbage.

I also say this as someone who believes that custom maps take less skill than ladder/classic maps.

Agreed

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:52 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
quote:

You must have thought I was the one randomly bringing up that I think I'm #1 on friends. Lets review

quote:

Prime example of "high horsedness"

quote:
You weren't bad at that map, one of the better players IMO.

Prime example of a compliment. You're welcome, don't be such a cynic.

No... ever since i've known you... you have a serious compulsion to maintain a position of superiority by saying things like that. Its funny to me because i've known you since you were like 12. I'm mostly just giving you a hard time...i mean nothing negative by it. I said the #1 friends thing cuz i knew it would have an effect on you. Smile

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:03 pm 
Swift

It had no effect on me, I admitted that you're good on the map. It's just not really one of those maps that I think you can place a #1 on, because it had an extremely limited 'fan base'

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:05 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
It had no effect on me, I admitted that you're good on the map. It's just not really one of those maps that I think you can place a #1 on, because it had an extremely limited 'fan base'

In your day yes... but there were years before you were around that warcraft 2 was not a 1 pud universe Smile Classic Games, Orc Strategy used to be bustling channels much like w2lc.... not to mention on kali as well.

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:59 pm 
Swift

I was around during those times, still relatively limited player base compared to gow

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:19 pm 
Allstar

uhh.. not true at all. gow wasn't even that popular back in 98ish.

i played alot more pos/friends/foc/gseps than gow. also maze.

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:50 pm 
Swift

Hes talking about on battle.net. I don't know what was played pre bne, but it still kind of surprises me to hear you say that. Was GOW "just another map" back then?

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:13 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
Hes talking about on battle.net. I don't know what was played pre bne, but it still kind of surprises me to hear you say that. Was GOW "just another map" back then?

im talking about kali through early days of bnet. GoW did not become the only pud played until very late in the games life cycle.

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:20 pm 
Swift

quote:
quote:

im talking about kali through early days of bnet. GoW did not become the only pud played until very late in the games life cycle.

Oh, okay. I don't know anything really about pre bnet.

GOW was the only map that was well rehearsed ever, IMO. Even in early BNE days it was far more popular and more understood and refined than other maps, and it was the map that the top players participated in frequently.

Going around saying you're the best at anything outside of GOW when it comes to ladder maps doesn't mean anything, unless that's a map that everyone's playing, and playing relatively favorably over other maps instead of just a map in their variety of maps they cycle through.... which is what it was to the merely average players you faced in those channels like "Classic Games" and "Number one."

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:39 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh, okay. I don't know anything really about pre bnet.

GOW was the only map that was well rehearsed ever, IMO. Even in early BNE days it was far more popular and more understood and refined than other maps, and it was the map that the top players participated in frequently.

Going around saying you're the best at anything outside of GOW when it comes to ladder maps doesn't mean anything, unless that's a map that everyone's playing, and playing relatively favorably over other maps instead of just a map in their variety of maps they cycle through.... which is what it was to the merely average players you faced in those channels like "Classic Games" and "Number one."

no way man.... people used to play POS, gseps, ayn as much as gow. not to mention that when ladder was actually something people cared about there were a ton of maps..... fuck even skull isle was played regularily and theres nothing balanced about that map. Pos was probably even more popular than gow

Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:57 pm