Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Lightbringer-

quote:
Originally posted by BonerChamp69
quote:
Originally posted by Lightbringer-
Let me put it it in simple terms:

I play 20-25 'training matches' vs a customs player (NOT ONLY AT THE ONE SHITTY PUD HE PLAYS BUT A VARIETY OF CUSTOMS) and I am sure, I will be able to win some/many games.

The customs player comes over to F or EF speed on classic/bne maps and trains for 100 games, I am sure he will not win a single one of them.

Thats how bad and far apart the real RTS gamers will tear the customs players who I will again state it "maps made by the newbies for the newbies"

Heck, think about it:
A newbie getting raped on pos/gow thinks of something where he will live longer than 2 minutes and not die against grunts - CHOP CHOP IS BORN!!

Another fucktard who gets resources raped like 10-50x more mining by his opponent creates a FREE MAP!! where he has all the res he needs!!BGH?? Free Castles ?? is born!!!

A moron cant compete with dks/lust in free, DAMN FREE CASTLES NO AIR NO MAGIC IS BORN!! YAY

haha. It goes on and on.

Not true, in my first month of 1v1's of ever playing gow ef, i beat you in a 1v1. Yes, it was probably a fluke but it disproves the whole 100 game analogy hehe.

Once again, I know classic gow is much more skillful than customs, but no need to exaggerate how difficult the transition is.

Nice. What aka?

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:51 am 
Swift

if they beat someone like lb- within 100 games, then it's probably because they had additional experience on a map BNE/F and aren't including it in the 100 games eh bonerdick? Wink

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:57 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
Originally posted by Swift
quote:
Originally posted by SoCxEcLiPzE
yes friends as a 2v2 map is serious business... it had just as much complexity as gow IMO..... There are MANY strats....i'll name a few

1. Double rush (just like gow...lots of choices in how to do this...1rax / 2 rax... and timing your hits in a friends game is a HUGE importance that can either fuck your rush up, or make it.)

2. Single rush for one player while other player builds towers for defense and once again...many choices here.... do a quick ogre wave and end it early or power to lust?

3. One player runs defensive towrring, other 1rax rushes, the player who towered DK rushes the opposing goldmine and the game shortly ends.

4. Leaning wall defense (farming the front entrace, and ofc back) and playing complete defense with a choke and a cat while powering.

5. Fuck I've seen people pull off dragon rushing on friends.

The point is.... you reducing friends to "checkers" is a product of your limitations/experience on the map. If you hung out in Orc Strategy in the early days or were on kali... you know what i'm talking about.

I would say that you all feel this way about gow as a result of it ending up as literally the only pud played.... but other maps had just as much competition and innovation back in the day. Fuck... even taiga and Schwartz were viable!

Also....YES to kpuds

nice speech. you don't know what you're talking about and you're so far off that its apparent that it would be a waste of time to even trying to educate you on how much more depth gow has than a gimmick pud like friends.

if there were something you could argue in war2 terms that would be equivalent to tman's recent rants which convinced the census that hes delusional and borderline retarded, then this would be it.

There is literally nothing you know that I do not. Your cute though Smile

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Swift

quote:

That's astonishing. I can't imagine how come you never got good then

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:28 am 
Kyr.Luoson

Friends is defiantly a good map with lots of variety but saying its on par with gow is a joke.. There is a reason gow is popular, it's because of it's variety in strategies.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:53 am 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
Originally posted by Kyr.Luoson
Friends is defiantly a good map with lots of variety but saying its on par with gow is a joke.. There is a reason gow is popular, it's because of it's variety in strategies.

I agree. It has more to do with the dissolution of the player base than it does it being some kind of "supremely perfect" map though. I am not trying to say they were equal... but I am saying that friends is in no way an illegitimate gimmick map. The main case I am trying to make it... there are PLENTY of maps that were great. war2 did not become a 1 pud community because GoW was some supremely perfect map... but because the community dissolved.

Last edited by SoCxEcLiPzE on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
Originally posted by Swift
quote:

That's astonishing. I can't imagine how come you never got good then

I'm not going to get into this conversation with you... as we have had it many times before. You know your place deep down inside and that is all that matters... and you have lost any legitimacy...so when you try to talk about how good you were it just makes people roll their eyes. I am one of the few people who still like you... but you make it really hard lol.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:06 am 
Swift

nobody is talking about how good/smart they are but you

lol i always enjoy your high horsedness.

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:06 pm 
BonerChamp69

eclipze, i'd love to play you in some c6/ez5/2hf/gruntwork/2ccastle/nucky's if you still play! :]

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:58 pm 
Fast Luck

high horsedness is the best word ever

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:38 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
high horsedness is the best word ever

thanks Smile

I'd play it with ya bonerchamp. I just played a game today... i am very bad... its been a long time for me lol

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:48 pm 
ArchAngel

quote:
Originally posted by Allstar
i can't believe i'm actually typing this but i agree with swift on the pos vs gow thing. As someone who played POS extensively on case's etc pre bne... it degenerated into 3fb/4fb hard rushes literally every game (this is low of course.) while it's fun in a way to see who can execute the low res build order better, its alot less involved and easier to master than gow ever is.

The reason GOW owns is because its got it all, hard to defend small mines, middle, and each spot is so wildly different from the next you are forced to switch your game up constantly. Its not like BNE/F where you can literally do the same strat over and over and over ad nauseum

And the reason its still mainly played today is because the community's so small nobody wants to risk losing face learning a new map. Its not worth it also because you will never get a string of consecutive games going on random maps to even get good at them in the first place. Usually you can get one or two then people start yelling for gow so the metagame will always end up on gow.

Part of the problem also is 75% of the community being unable to host. This really needs to be a top priority to fix. I've done everything as far as opening ports etc and its helped me not at all. blid and $pace need to kiss and make up and put their collective resources together and fix ru so that everyone can host all the time.

This is truly what kills the game more than anything else.

i'd agree with this pretty much spot on. low res was fun for a very long time but it got to repetitive (ala-starcraft)

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ywfn

If a variety of strategic options was really the issue, a map like b2b, maze, or some water map would have been the map people evolved in to playing.

GOW/high evolved as a map of choice by wannabe top-tier players that couldn't compete on other maps (or compete quite as dominantly), but learned basic rush/lust concepts due to the 60k mines and elevated their game significantly.

Originally they coexisted side-by-side with players that played multiple settings but as the player-base dwindled, competitive players started playing GOW/High more frequently because there were a large percentage of players that would exclusively play that map.

It was pretty obvious to most people what was going on and the whole idea of GOW as the apex of strategic play was really just a more palatable delusion than newer players admitting that they just didn't have the experience yet to be a top tier player.

Allstar's point about why it's still played today is well taken, the community is too small and too many people are afraid to learn something new, but lets at least be honest about that and not try to pretend it's more than that. GOW is a good map, and it has evolved to be one with quite a bit of variety, strategy, and is still fun to play, but that's not the reason we play it as much as we do. We play it for the same reason it became popular. Too many people are huge crybaby sissies.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:03 am 
Swift

yeah, there's a lot of maps that have the equivalent or more potential than gow IMO, as well as other maps that bring out different styles and skills not viable or used in gow.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:27 am 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
Originally posted by Ywfn
If a variety of strategic options was really the issue, a map like b2b, maze, or some water map would have been the map people evolved in to playing.

GOW/high evolved as a map of choice by wannabe top-tier players that couldn't compete on other maps (or compete quite as dominantly), but learned basic rush/lust concepts due to the 60k mines and elevated their game significantly.

Originally they coexisted side-by-side with players that played multiple settings but as the player-base dwindled, competitive players started playing GOW/High more frequently because there were a large percentage of players that would exclusively play that map.

It was pretty obvious to most people what was going on and the whole idea of GOW as the apex of strategic play was really just a more palatable delusion than newer players admitting that they just didn't have the experience yet to be a top tier player.

Allstar's point about why it's still played today is well taken, the community is too small and too many people are afraid to learn something new, but lets at least be honest about that and not try to pretend it's more than that. GOW is a good map, and it has evolved to be one with quite a bit of variety, strategy, and is still fun to play, but that's not the reason we play it as much as we do. We play it for the same reason it became popular. Too many people are huge crybaby sissies.

well said. agreed.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:18 pm 
Swift

ywfn, you should get on sometime and play various maps with kith and i. he's been getting us all to step aside from gow a bit and it has been pretty fun.

most have been getting flustered or bored after a while and just end up resorting back to gow after a few games... sucks

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:07 am 
BanMe

The most competitive map is not always the most fun map, and vice versa. I'd say GOW is just the most fun map. You can end games quickly, you can have long games, you can sit comfortably without tryhard expanding - just makes for a good experience and is why we still play

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 pm 
Fast Luck

I LIKE POS

quote:

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:09 pm 
Swift

wrong thread buddy.

we're talking about the map, not your favorite snack

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:22 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i prefer pieces of shit for breakfast rather than as a snack, personally.

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:17 pm 
Fast Luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LAnmnS0-9g

quote:

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:15 pm 
Shotgun_

Nop..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tkkpfhd07s much more tasty.

Post Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:12 am 
Nomed

quote:
Originally posted by Allstar

Part of the problem also is 75% of the community being unable to host. This really needs to be a top priority to fix. I've done everything as far as opening ports etc and its helped me not at all. blid and $pace need to kiss and make up and put their collective resources together and fix ru so that everyone can host all the time.

This is truly what kills the game more than anything else.

Ah, I had been wondering about this. So it isn't just me then.

Enjoyed reading about all the old clans. I played at Zone and definitely remember a lot of those. Good times.

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:31 pm 
ArchAngel

quote:
Originally posted by Paper_Boy
Sd the Clan of hackers with the exception of prophecy, sure i remember them

raped so bad it messed up his teeth and thought we were cheating

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
foonat

lol i just saw this. didn't know i hacked, thanks for the update paperboy

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:31 pm 
Paper_Boy

Guilt by association, lol. Not foonat but Arch dropped out of high school to play war2. Owned in life. That guy was always such a snivelling loser, i remember when he begged me to join his clan, he is also a convicted hacker

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
stoned@chayliss

Re: OLD CLANS

quote:
Originally posted by Casi0
Can u name some old clans. 24-7 Ukx ChAoS_ remember the smurf clan papa_smurf clan 102 what about that [azn] clan ?

clan NO, Jury, KP, HEAT.nET got free stuff from trivia and war2 games from hosts representing the server who gave out points for answers and wins

heat.net was the test server for sega as they developed the sega dreamcast servers

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
stoned@chayliss

how could i forget a clan i was a founding member of

team canada?????

TEAM AMERICA UNITE

TAx

TAxIndiana, TAxStunna etc..

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote