FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Not enough gas!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Rat

Not enough gas!

wtf Im so pissed right now. I was pressuring a protoss player with hydralisks but couldnt contain the aggresion because I didnt have enough gas (2 extractors going). So to actually build something I made some worthless unupgraded zerglings who died instantly.

fuck!

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:18 pm 
kublikhan

1 base hydra? eeew. If you must stay on 1 base at least go with the roach rush instead. Hydras are better on 2+ bases.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:35 pm 
Biggs.

Might be a good surprise strat... I would never expect a 1 base zerg to go hydras, almost 100% of the time it is a roach rush.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:34 pm 
turtleman@can

problem with going straight up hydras is that you can never reinforce your army fast enough to finish them off, that's why you need ling speed. Plus hydras aren't that good straight up vs gateway units if you don't have front line meatshields. I'd take a mix of lings/roaches/hydras over mass hydras vs any army.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:37 pm 
Biggs.

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
problem with going straight up hydras is that you can never reinforce your army fast enough to finish them off, that's why you need ling speed. Plus hydras aren't that good straight up vs gateway units if you don't have front line meatshields. I'd take a mix of lings/roaches/hydras over mass hydras vs any army.

Everyone would prefer the perfect combination, but pure hydras against only gateway units is pure ownage.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:33 pm 
Kalmah

Infact i think zerg has got one major problem in 1vs1 and that is the fact they are bad at scouting, meaning they rarely know what units enemy is going to do, air or ground. Terran has got sweep and toss has got observers but zerg is way too blind. Ofc you can try something like sending one zergling occasionally to death in order to see enemy's main units. Although if enemy figures it out he will just spread their units so you can't look whats going on there with just one zergling. Therefore there is no right combination, you just have to trust in numbers and keep your production rate high and balance between anti ground and anti air. And try aggressive expansions! That means hydras are excellent since they perform well in both, especially in anti air. Major thing i do dislike on hydras is that they are slow and clumsy as hell. In SC1 they were insanely fast after the speed upgrade but in sc2 they can't compete in mobility that well.

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:35 am 
Rat

Agree with zergs problem with scouting.
Overseers are incredible slow scouting unit and often get chasen down by stalkers and die.

If you arent ready for banshees, colossus,.. etc its gg.

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:58 am 
Sypher

It is to the point where if you are mid-high diamond, you should be able to figure out what someone is doing by poking at front with a ling or two every 20 seconds or so to see unit composition/chronoboost usage.

I can stop all gimmicky strats with a standard build order. The only time I lose to gimmicky shit is if i screw up my timings.

Crisp timings can stop everything.

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:27 am 
Kalmah

Yeah probably you know what your enemy is doing at first 5 minutes but what about after that? People tend to build their armies with very different ways once they tech up and expand.

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:01 am 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by Kalmah
Yeah probably you know what your enemy is doing at first 5 minutes but what about after that? People tend to build their armies with very different ways once they tech up and expand.

Overlord speed + 25min speedling + muta = map control and insane scouting ability.

The hardest part about zerg is getting to the 5-8 minute mark without taking too much damage. After that, you need to use the race to your advantage.

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:08 pm