FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

How to Beat Zerg as Protoss.

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
AGNB

How to Beat Zerg as Protoss.

The normal play for Z now is 14 hatch/14pool or something similar. Out of my last bunch of Protoss games, it goes one of two ways (I play zerg).

Protoss plays 1 base for some sort of aggression, expanding later. In this scenario whether it be 3gate/robo or 4gate or whatever, I defend this and have large macro advantage, they work on their expansion and I expand more, eventually winning. Good 3gate/robo or 4gate pressure does win some games but a good zerg should be able to defend, and will then have an advantage.

or Protoss also FE, they may harass, but no major early aggression, focusing more on their FE. The P then contains the zerg to two bases (sitting their army on the outer portion of the creep, not allowing zerg to expand further, the Protoss gets 3rd/4th base, and dominates.

This is general, but, if you see a zerg FE, you should also FE (defending the windows for timing roach pushes) and then go contain the zerg player while you mass army towards 200 and take more bases.

Post Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:55 pm 
Kalmah

I beat zerg with toss by doing mass photon cannons to my base entrance then just fast tech to voids Very Happy . Works out well quite often.

Post Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:13 am