FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

GSL season 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
7VlesSiah

GSL season 2

I'm looking to view Idra's R64 match for GSL S2. I refuse to pay GomTV'S rip off prices. Anyone have a link of this match?

Kublikan's GSL season 1 match links don't seem active for Season 2.

For all the haters, we are not a Starcraft 2 forum. If your only suggestion is GomTV.net I'm not interested in your response.

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:29 am 
TheDRAX

My suggestion is GomTV.net. I hope this helps.

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:48 am 
kublikhan

My link works just fine. The guy doesn't upload the casts right after the game is played. Sometimes he is a day or 2 behind. But all of the games eventually are uploaded.

GSL Season 2

If you just want to see some recent Idra tourney play, check out his MLG games:

MLG

Post Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:30 am 
x

BlizzCon just happened, I found the final: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTwbSt3CV_Y&feature=related Pretty good so far

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:38 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by x
BlizzCon just happened, I found the final: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTwbSt3CV_Y&feature=related Pretty good so far

Jeez, amazing games.

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Sypher

last night check, nada, and idra played. :O

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:37 pm 
DrunkeN

Rip off?? Damn u that poor? It's only 20$. The HQ vod is well worth it.

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by DrunkeN
lol

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:44 pm 
Kith-Kanin

Re: GSL season 2

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
I'm looking to view Idra's R64 match for GSL S2. I refuse to pay GomTV'S rip off prices. Anyone have a link of this match?

Kublikan's GSL season 1 match links don't seem active for Season 2.

For all the haters, we are not a Starcraft 2 forum. If your only suggestion is GomTV.net I'm not interested in your response.

Idra would kick my ass, but Idra is definitely no Fruit Dealer. That guy is amazing. Hell, even NEXgenius is amazing. 30 minute game and he sustains 260+ APM. Wtf.

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mez

quote:

Really, $20 is nothing. Blizzcon charged what, $45 so you can see some stupid WoW costumes and singing contests for 2 days? Not to mention all the pay per view sports events on cable tv. $20 for a whole season and vods is a very reasonable price, dunno how you people can possibly be crying "ripoff" over it.

And agreed, cool(fruitdealer) is levels above everyone else by a huge margin, he's going to win another gsl, no doubt.

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Sparkz102

solid gamecasters

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:30 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by Mez
quote:

Really, $20 is nothing. Blizzcon charged what, $45 so you can see some stupid WoW costumes and singing contests for 2 days? Not to mention all the pay per view sports events on cable tv. $20 for a whole season and vods is a very reasonable price, dunno how you people can possibly be crying "ripoff" over it.

And agreed, cool(fruitdealer) is levels above everyone else by a huge margin, he's going to win another gsl, no doubt.

You use ambiguous words like `Season`. Season in real English is not that ambiguous a word. In korean GomTV ripOff language it takes on a whole other meaning.

You pay $185 for one year. The videos are about 360p to 480p quality. That is a fucking deal dude(not).

20 bucks is nothing to me but getting ripped off is something I don`t do.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:49 am 
turtleman@can

in hindsight i don't think 20 bucks was a rip off for season 1 because I basically watched it every day for like 1-2 hours for a month but like messiah said, it was misleading and I was under the impression that it was going to be for longer than a month. They didn't really make it clear exactly what you were getting. A lot of people felt jipped when they learned that it was only for 1 month. And the quality was pretty bad for the first season. It was very low def footage.

now that I know that people are rebroadcasting the games in high def I'm not going to pay for it in low def. Plus I am getting kind of bored of watching sc2. I wasn't really blown away by the level of play in season 1 with a few exceptions. Once it gets to a point like bw with players like flash and jaedong I might change my mind but right now I feel like I could fly over to korea and probably beat half of these guys.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:03 am 
manzon

Hey, it's only money.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:44 am 
DrunkeN

the VoDs are 720p...how would u know the quality when you dont pay?

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:19 am 
7VlesSiah

I paid the first season for crap ass videos.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:24 am 
DrunkeN

That was last season. They improved the vod this season because of complaints. Huge difference. Also it's only 15$ if u paid last season.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:03 am 
7VlesSiah

$185 /year was calculated using the $15 renew fee. A pretty outrageous amount.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:08 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
in hindsight i don't think 20 bucks was a rip off for season 1 because I basically watched it every day for like 1-2 hours for a month but like messiah said, it was misleading and I was under the impression that it was going to be for longer than a month. They didn't really make it clear exactly what you were getting. A lot of people felt jipped when they learned that it was only for 1 month. And the quality was pretty bad for the first season. It was very low def footage.

now that I know that people are rebroadcasting the games in high def I'm not going to pay for it in low def. Plus I am getting kind of bored of watching sc2. I wasn't really blown away by the level of play in season 1 with a few exceptions. Once it gets to a point like bw with players like flash and jaedong I might change my mind but right now I feel like I could fly over to korea and probably beat half of these guys.

You would definitely lose 99% of the time.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:17 am 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin

Agreed with T-man about games being boring though. There's no comparison to the back and forth, unpredictability, and tension of pro BW games. Well, a pro game that doesn't have Flash in it (gg opponent).

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:11 pm 
TheDRAX

My only suggestion is GomTV.net

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:34 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:

Agreed with T-man about games being boring though. There's no comparison to the back and forth, unpredictability, and tension of pro BW games. Well, a pro game that doesn't have Flash in it (gg opponent).

I dunno, the Blizzcon finals were pretty awesome, back and forth games.

I think it's jsut that there's a large skill gap right now and most players are choosing to sit back and send one big army out. Most games in GSL I've watched were pretty good in my opinion. They seem close to par for the BW games I use to watch.

There's just so many more players playing SC1 right now though as well.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:11 pm 
DrunkeN

The Ro32 has been real lack luster but the IMmvp vs oGsZenio matches were fucking awesome.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:23 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:

Idra would kick my ass, but Idra is definitely no Fruit Dealer. That guy is amazing. Hell, even NEXgenius is amazing. 30 minute game and he sustains 260+ APM. Wtf.

I cheer for all the non-Koreans. My Boy Idra is heading for the R16 while Fruit Dealer got pwned by Boxer(not Slayers_Boxer) in R32.

Idra is a fucking machine. If you saw GSL S1 you'd see he only lost because his opponent did sneaky cheese strats. Comparable to a dual at 3 on GOW or a hidden rax.

Too bad TLO got knocked out. His game was pretty disappointing.

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:17 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
quote:

I cheer for all the non-Koreans. My Boy Idra is heading for the R16 while Fruit Dealer got pwned by Boxer(not Slayers_Boxer) in R32.

Idra is a fucking machine. If you saw GSL S1 you'd see he only lost because his opponent did sneaky cheese strats. Comparable to a dual at 3 on GOW or a hidden rax.

Too bad TLO got knocked out. His game was pretty disappointing.

Well, fruitdealer lost the first game same way. 2nd game, the guy just had his number for sure. Terran drops are so strong.

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:43 pm 
Kith-Kanin

I'd like to have seen Slayersboxer vs Nexgenius next round.

Would have been epic.

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:27 am 
Sypher

Some pretty sick games this season.

I actually really like watching ZvZ games. It shows how fragile the matchup really is. Much like BW.

FruitDealer vs Fauxer was quite disappointing. However, I assumed things like this would happen for the first few seasons. When you got a player like FruitDealer winning GSL 1 and nobody knowing anything of Fauxer, it is a lot easier for Fauxer to make a build that straight up counters FD. Once they get Code-S settled and player tendencies become more stable, I think the overall meta-gaming we are currently seeing will slow down.

NaDa vs Boxer is going to be a 1 sided rape imo. Boxer was having a hard time keeping up with macro against loner even when he was way ahead(Loner getting expo up slower and still having mroe SCVs than Boxer). Loner just played like shit, imo. Couple that with the fact that Boxer has years of experience of practicing and Loner didnt stand a chance.

NaDas timings and macro are way more proficient than Boxer. The games vs Leenock were just sick. He was keeping up on bases with zerg and his army never really fell behind. I honestly think that with the way the results have been going, NaDa has a huge chance to take this GSL down.

KyrixZenith is also fun to watch. That guy is so hyper aggressive. It is like watching JulyZerg and Jaedong. I am definitely going to try and incorporate his aggression into my play.

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:19 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
Some pretty sick games this season.

I actually really like watching ZvZ games. It shows how fragile the matchup really is. Much like BW.

FruitDealer vs Fauxer was quite disappointing. However, I assumed things like this would happen for the first few seasons. When you got a player like FruitDealer winning GSL 1 and nobody knowing anything of Fauxer, it is a lot easier for Fauxer to make a build that straight up counters FD. Once they get Code-S settled and player tendencies become more stable, I think the overall meta-gaming we are currently seeing will slow down.

NaDa vs Boxer is going to be a 1 sided rape imo. Boxer was having a hard time keeping up with macro against loner even when he was way ahead(Loner getting expo up slower and still having mroe SCVs than Boxer). Loner just played like shit, imo. Couple that with the fact that Boxer has years of experience of practicing and Loner didnt stand a chance.

NaDas timings and macro are way more proficient than Boxer. The games vs Leenock were just sick. He was keeping up on bases with zerg and his army never really fell behind. I honestly think that with the way the results have been going, NaDa has a huge chance to take this GSL down.

KyrixZenith is also fun to watch. That guy is so hyper aggressive. It is like watching JulyZerg and Jaedong. I am definitely going to try and incorporate his aggression into my play.

Well I haven't been watching them up to date as you are. I was using Kublikahns website there to see them and round 16 isn't up yet.

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:38 am 
Sypher

Season pass is definitely worth it. I am kinda lucky in the fact that my roommate is also a SC2 nerd, so we split the cost. VODs look amazing on 42" plasma Smile

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:47 am 
7VlesSiah

So that is $92.50/year. Not bad. That would have been a reasonable price to ask.

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:26 pm