FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

terran are still OP
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
turtleman@can

terran are still OP

any zerg players been having luck since the new patch in this matchup?
i've been getting shitstomped. The only games I win are when I get lucky or my opponent sucks.

one game I'm getting rushed with 20 svcs, reapers and marines. (which is cool because they can just mule their way back in the game) meanwhile I'm killing most of their shit with banelings, and still losing all of my drones fighting off the leftovers.

then the next game im getting fucking obliterated like this:http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/91730-1v1-terran-zerg-metalopolis

I was playing terran with chay and sparkz in a team game, anyway i forgot to switch back to zerg and started a ladder game. I hardly play terran at all. I got ranked up against a high level diamond zerg player and I completely destroyed him by just massing up some bio and a few thors/repairing svcs.

Anyway it's pretty much impossible for a zerg player to beat a good terran player , I hope they start realizing this more now that people are abusing the 500 other strategies that they have since reapers were nerfed.

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:48 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

Ofcourse there OP, the last patch didnt fix anything that was actually imbalanced on the T side

Mules being the biggest problem for imbalance

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:19 pm 
turtleman@can

I think thors are the biggest issue with me right now. It can fly (medivacs),It can be constantly healed - and you usually can't even pick off the svcs because they're hidden and it absolutely rapes air and land units. It's probably the single most powerful unit in the game and they're available long before zerg have anything comparable (ultralisk) Pretty much the only way to take them down is to have the perfect unit composition/micro skills and you pretty much have to be ahead of your opponent because even under ideal circumstances, you can't kill them cost effectively. Then you throw in banshees, tanks, hellions, etc etc etc

terran are just designed poorly. I mean, they're fun as hell to play but playing against them as zerg is like sitting down at a chess table with 3 pawns and a king and trying to win against an opponent who has all of their pieces in play.

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:34 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

Thors are fine it's the repair rate that's imbalanced, should be a max of 3 repairers for units (not buildings) Also i agree with you on pretty much all points, i find the problem is every unit is viable generally and is STRONG against everything.. Against P anyway, there is nothing that is weak or unviable. Hell most T's can expand right infront of your face and still beat anything you throw at it thanks to free bunkers

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:42 pm 
Sparkz102

if hydra seriously had a "vs armor 21" or something attack, it would help zerg so much. or make roach upgrades more useful, having to go liar then train, ur kinda past the point where gettin the ability gives u that edge, like blink, or slow

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:50 pm 
Sypher

thors are fine. if its getting mass repaired use banelings on scvs.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 am 
Shotgun_

tman what r ur thoughts on PF's?

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:57 am 
Kalmah

Yes, terrans are insanely OP and thats because of their ridiclously wide range of decent range attacks. Half of the enemies are dead before they are able to throw a single punch against terran...

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:02 am 
DrunkeN

Are you guys really that bad???

Zerg has won the last two major tourneys....MLG DC and GSL both over a terran. Watch some top level replays of zvt and maybe see what they do. Because top level zergs seem to be able to beat top level terrans, yet turtleman is all like "a zerg can never beat a good terran"

Please break down all theses strats? Right now Terran basicaly goes fast factory with reactor two get like 4 hells out then gets a thor.....If you lose to banshees and your zerg your just awefull, so that strat is gone.. Hmmm Mass bio against zerg?? HAHAH if you lose to mass bio has a zerg you sux plan and simple. Hmm what other strats do t have against z hmmm tanks and thors, which can easlier be abused by their slow movement.

Where are these 500 strats Terran has against Zerg? Please explain in detail.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DrunkeN

oh yeah I watch that replay of yours tman. You went 1 base hydra roach against terran, rauders eat that for dinner. Zerg going 1 base = auto loss, unless they someone pull of a good bangling bust.
LoL watching more of this game...cant beleive you uploaded this thing its horrible example of terran being OP. This is great example of zerg being a nub.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

GSL season 2 qualifiers:

15 Zerg
20 Protoss
29 Terran

45% of the people who qualified are Terran. Not OP? My ass.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:25 am 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
tman what r ur thoughts on PF's?

lol
OP

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:38 am 
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
GSL season 2 qualifiers:

15 Zerg
20 Protoss
29 Terran

all that proves is race preference.

terran actually are a well done cohesive race, it has been the other races that are imbalanced, and please note i said imbalanced as in not balanced. this does not mean op or too powerful, it simples means.. shit is not balanced.

also another fun fact, the most created unit has been the stalker, THE OP unit of the game

a ridiculous imbalanced unit since day1, unnecessarily fast base speed, and why blink? along the most hp of a tier 1-attacks air, doesnt lose hp when it uses abilities, and is ranged - this is a fine formula for every protoss player to stfu. being able to create units at any location with warps and the only race to have an omega single unit[the mothership], protoss no doubt still remain the favorites of blizzard -
plus as terran move up in league, their win ratio is the worst of all races, and even below 50% in diamond 1v1

go argue those proven fact-stats

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:10 am 
turtleman@can

even the guy who won the GSL was losing 9 out of 10 games to his terran training partner. The fact that he won that tournament was a big fluke.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:10 am 
DrunkeN

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
even the guy who won the GSL was losing 9 out of 10 games to his terran training partner. The fact that he won that tournament was a big fluke.

he was? it was a fluke? wow yeah its a fluke Idra won too its a fluke every time a zerg beats a terran LOL...damn dude get good at this game so you stop bitching so much.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:14 am 
turtleman@can

hey man how does it feel knowing that I can accidentally pick the race you play and completely demolish 1800+ pt diamond zerg players with barely any experience.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:17 am 
DrunkeN

quote:
hey man how does it feel knowing that I can accidentally pick the race you play and completely demolish 1800+ pt diamond zerg players with barely any experience.

replay please...so I can these gosu skillz

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:19 am 
turtleman@can

I never said I was gosu with terran, I'm saying the opposite. It's just easy to beat zerg with terran, requires about 1/100th the skill

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:20 am 
DrunkeN

quote:
I never said I was gosu with terran, I'm saying the opposite. It's just easy to beat zerg with terran, requires about 1/100th the skill

does it because you beat one guy just upload the replay I wanna see if this "i accidentally picked terran and beat a 1800 zerg" is all you say it is.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:27 am 
turtleman@can

nerzyman made me promise not to

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:24 am 
AGNB

im having a hard ass time vs terrans too.

Mules are really insane, I played a ridiculous game where i killed nearly all his scvs, it was like 25-5 and he got a few hellions and really demolished my drones and actually beat me. It should not be possible no matter what happens to be down that many peons and still win. Mules are just free 300 resources and that is insane.

Also, terran mech is still nasty OP... if you are playing as Z, and they have 7 seiged tanks spread out and 7 thors in front and 4 hellions in front of that, it really is nearly impossible to counter that, I have tried everything including bling dropes and 200/200 attacks but its so fucking hard

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:56 am 
turtleman@can

I agree terran players should be shot and killed for being such newbies.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:05 pm 
Soilent Green

quote:
I agree terran players should be shot and killed for being such newbies.

you sound like idra crying about terran. APOLOGIZE FOR PLAYING THAT RACE!

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:57 pm 
Shotgun_

Terran aren't OP, need to learn to use ur race

Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:36 am 
turtleman@can

*rages more*

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:21 pm 
Mez

quote:

lol not to say terran didn't have an advantage over zerg last patch. But really I think part of cool's strategy was to bitch and cry about how he can't win vs any other race so people wouldn't think of him as that much of a threat or something - because really he went like 90% vs T(he only dropped 2 games total), and just raped face over the absolute best terran players in the game over and over (he pretty much had ZvT every round except for one).

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:07 pm 
Kalmah

Guys i have started to like toss now alot =D. I have won so many games and so fast now that i have began doing nasty photon cannon rushes at start while teching up to void rays. It actually works, even though i think some of the wins are because of my weak enemy. But that tactic owns with proper micro management like mine. It's all about doing photon cannons in right locations, especially near the enemy base entrance is very nice, coz enemy will be stuck in his base for long time.

ps. in 4vs4 Megaton, i was able to build mass cannons on the small tip of their base then expanding towards their habitations. They quit quite fast since my all 3 teamies were zerg and they kept on rushing Very Happy

Last edited by Kalmah on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:10 am 
kublikhan

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
GSL season 2 qualifiers:

15 Zerg
20 Protoss
29 Terran

Check out round of 32:
13 terran
11 zerg
8 toss

Over 70% of the zerg players survived the round of 64 whereas only half the terran made it. Zerg really seem to be holding their own. TLO and Morrow both said they are switching from Terran to zerg.

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 pm 
turtleman@can

QA with David Kim Blizzard balance tester

quote:
Q. Some people say repair is imba
A. We are looking into it, but we haven't made any decisions. We are looking into ways of decreasing the size of Thors further, since repairing them is so effective, or making the AI target repairing scvs with priority in order to kill them more easily. There are no decisions yet, we are keeping on eye on it.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:45 am 
Shotgun_

Zerg newbies will not rest until Zerg is grossly OP.

Post Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:30 am