Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sypher

Patch 1.1.2

http://us.starcraft2.com/launcher/patch-notes.htm

quote:
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.1.2

General

Players will no longer receive achievement toasts while their status is set to "Busy."
The messaging when attempting to load a saved game or replay from a previous version has been clarified
Adjusted the amount of points earned and lost by random team participants to properly reflect the strength of a player's teammates.

Balance

PROTOSS
Buildings
Nexus life and shields increased from 750/750 to 1000/1000.
Void Ray
Damage level 1 increased from 5 to 6 (+4 armored).
Damage level 2 decreased from 10 (+15 armored) to 8 (+8 armored).
Flux Vanes speed upgrade bonus decreased from 1.125 to 0.703.
TERRAN
Buildings
Barracks requirement changed from Command Center to Supply Depot.
Supply Depot life increased from 350 to 400.
Medivac
Acceleration reduced from 2.315 to 2.25.
Speed reduced from 2.75 to 2.5.
Reaper
Nitro Packs speed upgrade now has a Factory Requirement.
Thor
Energy bar removed.
250mm Strike Cannons is now cooldown-based on a 50-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown available (useable immediately after upgrade is researched).
ZERG
Buildings
Hatchery life increased from 1250 to 1500.
Lair life increased from 1800 to 2000.
Spawning Pool life increased from 750 to 1000.
Spire life increased from 600 to 850.
Ultralisk Cavern life increased from 600 to 850.
Corruptor
Energy bar removed.
Corruption is now cooldown-based on a 45-second cooldown. Ability starts with cooldown expired (must wait for full 45-second cycle before usable).
Infestor
Fungal Growth now prevents Blink.
Roach
Range increased from 3 to 4.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where players could not cast the Feedback spell on Point Defense Drones.
Fixed an issue where the Phoenix would continue to channel Graviton Beam after the target died.
Fixed an issue that would cause Larvae to spawn and be hidden behind Zerg eggs.
Fixed an issue where players were unable to navigate to the Single Player page or watch replays after canceling map downloads from the queue.
Fixed a desync that could occur on user-created maps with custom mod dependencies.

oh happy day.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:08 pm 
Aerasal

i like those changes and im glad we didn't have to wait 4 months for this

edit: rather i like everything other than the void rays changes which i have no say on atm

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 pm 
turtleman@can

the void ray changes are going to be interesting. It seems like it will fill a better role in battles now instead of just being a stupidly overpowered backdoor unit.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:11 pm 
turtleman@can

also not too sure what role thors currently play in pvt (i never see them in this matchup) but not having an energy bar seems like a pretty big deal vs feedback. I hope it at least makes it so that SVCs can't hide so easily repairing them.

and prob a good idea to do this w/ corruptors. i've never ran out of energy with them and I don't think a toss has ever felt the need to use feedback against one.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:13 pm 
BanMe

voids are back to useless, zerg will be quite scary now

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:39 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
and prob a good idea to do this w/ corruptors. i've never ran out of energy with them and I don't think a toss has ever felt the need to use feedback against one.

are you kidding? Late game collosus + templar is so good vs corruptor

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:08 pm 
Sparkz102

eeek, the patch didnt download right, but then i actually used thre repair feature and everything works fine.

~just incase any1 elses runs into this problem.. i thought re-installing would take wayyy to long anyways

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:41 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

More nerfs to protoss basicly

Voidray nerfed (dont kid yourself its nerfed)
Roach range nerfs FE cannon builds
Feedback nerf on thor corrupter and the last patch they made it so you cant feedback PDDs..

Am i missing something here? Horrible patch yet again. Blizzard is useless.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:19 pm 
DrunkeN

once again people are overblowing minor changes. This still doesn't change much for gameplay. Yes Toss has a legit complaint on VR's but besides that this patch is fine.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kyr.Luoson

quote:
Originally posted by DrunkeN
once again people are overblowing minor changes. This still doesn't change much for gameplay. Yes Toss has a legit complaint on VR's but besides that this patch is fine.

Are you clueless? doesn't change game play?

Roach buff completely changes and rules out a strategy for protoss .. Fast expanding with cannons.. Before you put them 1 spot away and they'd just reach a roach hitting ur gateway wall without being able to be sniped

Now roaches can reach the cannon, or hit your gateway without being hit by the cannon making this strategy now redundant. Yep doesn't change 'much' for game play Laughing

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:53 pm 
Rat

Agree with DrunkeN, not much to be upset about.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:55 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

quote:
Originally posted by Rat
Agree with DrunkeN, not much to be upset about.

There is a difference between being upset and voicing an opinion hacker rat.
Constant protoss nerfs since beta are started to get quite annoying considering they still havent even touched maurders or EPM

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:04 pm 
Sparkz102

no significant changes?

depot before rax? how many early game strats and openers for terran does this destroy?

changing the build structure of a race after a released game is not a significant change?

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:21 pm 
AGNB

that roach change is sexy, not gonna lie

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:13 pm 
DrunkeN

rax before depot only changes hmmm what...cheese??? maybe to stop a 6 pool but 6 pools are rare.
I guess I meant it doesnt change much for me a Terran user. OMG their structures have more HP blah w/e. OMG I cant play anymore because I cant make a rax before supply blah.
Also what are all these rax before depots strats? A faster OC and a few more marines is nothing.
So what maps do toss actually have a chance to fast expo? break it down for me toss users.
Oh yeah just because u cant fast FE doesnt mean it completely changes for toss....I was unaware all toss FE now.

Replays of these "nerfs" "buffs" failing or working are welcome.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kyr.Luoson

quote:

So what maps do toss actually have a chance to fast expo? break it down for me toss users.
Oh yeah just because u cant fast FE doesnt mean it completely changes for toss....I was unaware all toss FE now.

You just said it doesn't change the game play, yet i gave you an example of how it does change it ALOT and then you say "I'm unaware all toss fe" What's with the retarded logic? Making a common strategy obsolete is game play changing.

It's one of the most common strategy vs zerg is a fast expand of some type generally involving a forge to hold off roach pressure.

Even as u said 6 pools are rare, id normally forge on 12 after scouting a 6 pool n wall off with a cannon. Now this is fine and works to stop 6 pools but now i have to worry about a roach all in follow up, which before was no problem to worry about.

Basicly every map is viable for a fast expand of most types pre 1.1.2

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:27 pm 
DrunkeN

No. im a terran player so i dont see ZvT all the time.

So ur saying also that this wall off with 1 canon was the only way to FE? How about trying to still FE and maybe figuring out another way to defend? From wat Ive seen that 1 canon FE was almost 100% unstoppable so now with this patch maybe figure another way to still throw a canon up or w/e and have some units I dunno...I'm just saying because 1-2 strats can't be utilized doesn't mean you can't find out new ones.

I guess its understandable...ur 1 go to strat is out the door and you dont know what to do.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:37 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

quote:
No. im a terran player so i dont see ZvT all the time.

So ur saying also that this wall off with 1 canon was the only way to FE? How about trying to still FE and maybe figuring out another way to defend? From wat Ive seen that 1 canon FE was almost 100% unstoppable so now with this patch maybe figure another way to still throw a canon up or w/e and have some units I dunno...I'm just saying because 1-2 strats can't be utilized doesn't mean you can't find out new ones.

I guess its understandable...ur 1 go to strat is out the door and you dont know what to do.

Sigh, trying to explain to bronze league newbs is hard.

No i didn't say it was the only way, but if a zerg player goes for a heavy speedling/roach push and you have tried any type of fast expand including the one when you get a core first you need a forge and a cannon to hold it off. You wouldn't know about how ths works considering you stated you play terran.

The strategy wasn't imbalanced or unstopable (LOL?) and didn't need a Nerf such as this. This is my point they are limiting the amount of viable strategies you can do makes the game boring. You saying it's the only startegy i do is completely laughable and is really just a newb response.

The fact you just said you play Terran just shows how clueless you are on this subject of PvZ please stop commenting on it because your lack of knowledge is shining through pretty badly.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 pm 
DrunkeN

I'll keep on saying bullshit because I can bitch....And yes by bronze league you mean diamond 1600 then yes. I mean if you wanna show me some replays or something of your failed FE against Z i'll watch it...If you wanna lose some 1s hit me up DrunkeN.332

oh yeah whats your name and id? I can't find it...I'm curious on how gosu you are. You are a toss player?? so it should be pretty damn high.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:49 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

quote:
I'll keep on saying bullshit because I can bitch....And yes by bronze league you diamond 1600 then yes. I mean if you wanna show me some replays or something of your failed FE against Z i'll watch it...If you wanna lose some 1s hit me up DrunkeN.332

So you are confirming that you are just talking a load of bullshit for the sake of it? Here i was thinking you were a legitimate moron but in reality you were just putting your stupidity on as an act. Bravo you fooled me!

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:00 pm 
DrunkeN

damn whats ur ID and name let me see those gosu strats..BTW i watch a shiit load of streams so I have seen a lot of high level PvZ and hmmm w/e that means.

Come up with some new strats if roach range is seriously gonna fuck your gameplay up.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:06 pm 
7VlesSiah

Seems a bit much to me. Every change they made is practically a nerf for toss. I don't get it. Why would they make voids shit? I mean a non charged void is useless. Now a charged voids is crap.

Range change to roach rape any fast expand with cannon strat. They removed the mana bars from corrupters and thors. Only reason for that is to nerf feedback. Toss are running out of options.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:34 pm 
Mez

Nexus buff is much needed, so are the mediavac nerfs, but doesnt make sense that zerg had nearly all their important buildings hp buffed while pylons are still so vulnerable to maru sniping. void ray nerf is a bit much. It's definitely true that the +25 to armoured while charged is way too much, but I think they should have left the 10damage to light while charged unchanged. Also since they nerfed late game void ray speed I really wish they would buff carriers - which are easily the most worthless/underused unit in the entire game at high level play, it needs to have build time reduced and be slightly cheaper - I'm pretty sure in comparison to something like the BC it's way less DPS/resource cost last I checked.

Roach range buff is unneeded imo, it's not like z don't already know how to counter a hellion harrass, we'll see how much it effects the p outside build expo - personally I place canons against the wall anyway on maps like metal, just to cover more range - you just need gate units to defend with along with canon. It'd definitely effect maps like LT where you could get away with 2 canons and 1 zlot as defense, but it's not like passive play like that is even good vs a top class zerg player.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:47 pm 
turtleman@can

I played a few games tonight, went roaches pretty much every game. I have to say that they feel a lot more powerful with the range increase vs toss. Forcefields were not nearly as effective and stalker positioning doesn't rape them nearly as hard. It was a very satisfying feeling having some newbie 4 warpgate push on me and get absolutely destroyed by my roaches and then running over another toss player doing an early FE vs a 1 base zerg. The range increase feels like someone just untied the one arm behind my back that I've been fighting with for the past few months.

also how does it feel toss players. I have been putting up with your shit for months, now it's payback time bitches

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:32 pm 
7VlesSiah

Feels a lot different to me. Feels like I've been given a knife in a gun fight.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:35 pm 
turtleman@can

that's better than the feeling of trying to fuck a fat chick with a short dick that I was experiencing prior to this patch.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:38 pm 
turtleman@can

I should say that I did lose a game vs a toss player that went into late game. I tried doing a heavy roach/hydra build vs collosus/stalker/zealots and got run over because of my delayed reaction to getting infestors. So I don't think the roach change is going to be that big of an obstacle for toss in the long run, but it's definitely going to stop all the stupid bullshit strategies that are easy for toss to pull off and hard for zerg to counter in the early game.

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:43 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
I played a few games tonight, went roaches pretty much every game. I have to say that they feel a lot more powerful with the range increase vs toss. Forcefields were not nearly as effective and stalker positioning doesn't rape them nearly as hard. It was a very satisfying feeling having some newbie 4 warpgate push on me and get absolutely destroyed by my roaches and then running over another toss player doing an early FE vs a 1 base zerg. The range increase feels like someone just untied the one arm behind my back that I've been fighting with for the past few months.

also how does it feel toss players. I have been putting up with your shit for months, now it's payback time bitches

absolutely - roaches are the new maruaders. ive kinda switched to zerg as terran are just becoming ridiculous and went all roaches with upgrades. speed and evolution- they'd like like 1 banshee or a few muta, but i just plowed thru and lold, once u get a good number, they start to eat stalkers with focusfire. mauraders are kinda troublesome, but a few speedlings work.

i like the medivac 'nerf' tho, those things would always fly ahead and die, buff in disguise

i think the thor change will be killer in top tier terran tho, i used it a little vs toss and was able to to just elimante 2 immortals right upfront with 250m cannon

i still was neutral on nerfing voidrays in general, if u play right they really arent a threat - but now they seem like its not gonna be a thing - however i think they made that change most for a teamplay aspect rather than the assumed 1v1

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:49 pm 
turtleman@can

does the cannon no longer require an upgrade?

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:51 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
does the cannon no longer require an upgrade?

it still does, but no mana bar so its like an ability u can cast, and the moment its done researching u can use it - i got 2 factory, added on techlab n made armory and kept pumping rines to save gas then made 2 thor n upgrade went n attacked.. 2 dead immortals then a simple battle of 2thors n rines vs a few lots n couple stalkers, gg

plus it stuns units too, so theres a bit of an ensare factor u can get if ur chasin down some retreating units

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:57 pm