FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Patch 1.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
turtleman@can

yeah I usually go heavy muta/blings but for some reason I thought I was so far behind that he would have pre-emptively countered this with some mech play. I saw he already had made turrets so I just decided to go straight to ultras. The problem was I forgot to tech for 2 minutes. In hindsight I could have probably won this game had I more lings when he hit me and gotten my ultras out in time. I was just kinda pissed off at this game because it was at the tail end of a huge losing streak.

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:42 am 
$paCe

Hmm. I woulda ran that guy over with zerg. post up a few roaches on the cliff and divide your forces during the reaper harass stage. since he's gonna path directly to you since you're not cross positional, you shoulda had some burrowed banes half way between your base and his to catch his marine/maurader combo.

I find that it's not really necessary to roach up against reapers, it actually seems better to ling it hard while you tech with the banes to take out marines (unless they go mech). either get that 3rd hatch up quicker or harass him after his reapers fail, prolonging his expansion. Roaches seem to blow against marines and mauraders and a good terran can kite them with reapers.

Something that helped me is to remember why I went lair. I throw down my next tech choice like it's bloodlust, if you're not going muts then start making those infestors the second it finishes or else immediately start hive. Since his reapers failed, you have to know you're ahead of him. His strat was to harass you and expand while u stayed scared in your base, break that habit.

I'll be getting a gaming computer soon and start uploading some replays to show you guys how the space mister does it.

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:48 am 
turtleman@can

This is what da magician sings in the mirror before he goes out clubbin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93w4GbbrHfI

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:25 am 
AGNB

I don't know about any matches besides ZvX, so cant comment on TvT or TvP but Terran still needs some kind of re-balance/nerf. whether its mules or bio or whatever.

They are still winning most tournaments (and zergs havent won any majors) although it might just be more pros play Terran. I could also be biased because ZvT I feel is super hard.

I was thinking today how feasible it is for an 1100 Terran to rape a 1500 Zerg if 1 or 2 minor things go wrong or the T just plays a decent game, however I could NOT see an 1100 Zerg beating a 1500 Terran.

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:44 pm