FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

What level do you say a player is "good"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
NaLzyMan

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:
Originally posted by NaLzyMan
1k now is like 600 a couple weeks ago due to ladder inflation.

That's just a retarded statement

Clearly you have no concept of how the MMR + ladder points relate to each other, as well as how bonus pool further adds to that inflation.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kyr.Luoson

The ladder is a joke though, when will it end? I think it will just keep inflating till someone has potentially unlimited points until a reset is done..

I would say points is a very ruff guide for basic skill, but you can get alot of points by just massing lots of games (if you say had a 60% win rate) yourd just keep goin up as long as you maintaned that 60% win rate.

SEA isn't as bad as you think sypher, There is currently 2 $5k tourney underway for SEA and it's brung out alot of competition, granted i'm not saying its better then the US server but it's not that bad.

I would say the latin American and taiwan servers are the worst for player skill

I'm Ranked around 70-100 on average on the SEA server but the blizzards offical top 200 i'm ranked 29. Points dont mean anything.

Also another rant is that i beat people with 200 points more then me and i'm favoured and get 6-10 points for the win yet get 16-20 for the loss to a player high rated then me?

Last edited by Kyr.Luoson on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:19 pm 
BanMe

quote:
quote:
quote:

Clearly you have no concept of how the MMR + ladder points relate to each other, as well as how bonus pool further adds to that inflation.

You're right, I don't study that shit. But I know 2 weeks ago the difference was not 1000 = 600. Maybe 100-200

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:19 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're right, I don't study that shit. But I know 2 weeks ago the difference was not 1000 = 600. Maybe 100-200

Ok so if you don't understand the system why are you trying to speak about it?

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BanMe

quote:

Because I actually play games at the levels we're talking about, and I see the difference.

Unless you want to provide some evidence other than your claim that you know how it all works, you're just as full of shit as you say I am.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:33 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
Originally posted by Kyr.Luoson
The ladder is a joke though, when will it end? I think it will just keep inflating till someone has potentially unlimited points until a reset is done..

I would say points is a very ruff guide for basic skill, but you can get alot of points by just massing lots of games (if you say had a 60% win rate) yourd just keep goin up as long as you maintaned that 60% win rate.

SEA isn't as bad as you think sypher, There is currently 2 $5k tourney underway for SEA and it's brung out alot of competition, granted i'm not saying its better then the US server but it's not that bad.

I would say the latin American and taiwan servers are the worst for player skill

I'm Ranked around 70-100 on average on the SEA server but the blizzards offical top 200 i'm ranked 29. Points dont mean anything.

Also another rant is that i beat people with 200 points more then me and i'm favoured and get 6-10 points for the win yet get 16-20 for the loss to a player high rated then me?

The point system seems slightly less than wow's arena system, but you have bonus pool incorporated in sc2 to sorta compensate for that.

In wow the system sorta hits a softcap at around 3k rating. The reason you don't see people quite that high yet in SC2 is because this is the first season of ladder. Once people establish higher ratings and higher MMR because of it and that MMR carries over to the next ladder season (which blizzard is guaranteed to do, like they do in wow, so that bad players don't get stuck playing someone like idra early on next season) you will see people climb much more rapidly. I think the bonus pool will actually cause MORE inflation in the long run though so you might see people a few seasons from now getting much higher than 3k rating unless blizzard adjusts the ladder significantly.

The reason you are getting few points when you are favored even though they have higher ladder points is because of the MMR. Your MMR is significantly higher than theirs, so you are favored, and also that means that the system thinks you don't really deserve a ton of points for beating someone of that caliber. And the reason you lose so many points is also because your MMR is significantly higher so the system assumes you should have beaten that player, and the fact that they won may be considered a significant "upset" if your MMR was drastically higher than theirs.

The best thing you can do if that happens to you a lot is play during primetime for your region and then hope that the system matches you up against people with a closer MMR to your own.

quote:
quote:

Because I actually play games at the levels we're talking about, and I see the difference.

Unless you want to provide some evidence other than your claim that you know how it all works, you're just as full of shit as you say I am.

You are too transparent, I mean I knew you were just trying to perpetuate misinformation to justify your own performance but now you actually clearly state that you play games at the levels we're talking about.

You aren't a top sc2 player ash, you are going to need to come to terms with that.

And if you really want to know how the ladder system works you can go read an in-depth thread about it on TL.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:34 pm 
BanMe

quote:

You aren't a top sc2 player ash, you are going to need to come to terms with that.

And if you really want to know how the ladder system works you can go read an in-depth thread about it on TL.

Rofl obviously i know that, but if I'm good enough to beat your golden idle Nerz who's got 500-600 games on me I can only imagine how hard I'd rape the shit out of you.

If you're referencing an article and want to be taken seriously with your facts, link it. else stfu.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:45 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:

Rofl obviously i know that, but if I'm good enough to beat your golden idle Nerz who's got 500-600 games on me I can only imagine how hard I'd rape the shit out of you.

If you're referencing an article and want to be taken seriously with your facts, link it. else stfu.

You are right, you would have to "imagine" raping me.

It doesn't surprise me though ash, you like deluding yourself into thinkin you are good, so obviously you would be proud of beating nerzyman at night after he had just played a tourney.

From what I hear you are dodging playing him under normal circumstances though. It's just pitiful to me because you would rather take gimmick wins and overglorify them than actually go try to assert yourself into the scene and see how good you really are.

I think you are afraid you won't like the result tbh.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:50 pm 
-667-

This is like war2 Laughing

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:58 pm 
KingHillBilly

Hmm, this thread reminds me of a different game, about 10 years ago. I guess we all know how those threads ended. Let's just assume this thread will end the same way. GGs

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
BanMe

quote:
you would be proud of beating nerzyman at night after he had just played a tourney.

lol yeah and I was in the middle of working for 12 hours, jumped in to play one game after he had been warming up all night - what a huge advantage!

"at night" rofl

dodging? wtf? Noone has contacted me and I've been working long hours wrapping up my project. I didnt play a game of sc2 for almost a week after that game , and hadn't played for a few days prior. Cry more cheerleader.

Last edited by BanMe on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:02 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:
you would be proud of beating nerzyman at night after he had just played a tourney.

lol yeah and I was in the middle of working for 12 hours, jumped in to play one game after he had been warming up all night - what a huge advantage! "at night" rofl

dodging? wtf? Noone has contacted me and I've been working long hours wrapping up my project. I didnt play a game of sc2 for almost a week after that game , and hadn't played for a few days prior. Cry more cheerleader.

From my understanding you said you would play a series later on and contact him, not wait for him to contact you.

Just to clarify, I am not trying to live vicariously through nerzyman, if he beats you he beats you, if you beat him you beat him, it has nothing to do with me, but I do think that he would beat you consistently under normal circumstances.

He has been cleaning up his game and managed to hit that 1400 mark for a while, so I don't really think you could give him too much trouble anymore.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:03 pm 
BanMe

quote:
From my understanding you said you would play a series later on and contact him, not wait for him to contact you.

yeah it's called not having time, kind of like not giving a fuck, which you should look into. Pretty sure me or nerz dont really care, the game we played was good and close and could've gone either way. I wouldn't say I'm better or worse than him, but he's pretty good and I was just happy to play at that level.

"at night" hahahaha

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:08 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:

yeah it's called not having time, kind of like not giving a fuck, which you should look into. Pretty sure me or nerz dont really care, the game we played was good and close and could've gone either way. I wouldn't say I'm better or worse than him, but he's pretty good and I was just happy to play at that level.

"at night" hahahaha

Well you obviously give a fuck if you mentioned beating him when I was talking specifically about you not being a top sc2 player.

Just wanted to clarify you are not a top sc2 player, you enjoy the comforts of casually laddering when you have bonus pool accrued and the ladder has inflated ahead of you.

You are not capable of taking a game off a top player in the current state of the game.

I'm not saying I am capable of taking a game off a top player in the current state either, the highest I got on ladder was 1280 or so.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:10 pm 
BanMe

quote:

You are not capable of taking a game off a top player in the current state of the game.

so what? Does that instill some sort of pride in you? That's not really a point worth making. But anyway that's about the culmination of this tyrade

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:19 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:

so what? Does that instill some sort of pride in you? That's not really a point worth making. But anyway that's about the culmination of this tyrade

No i just wanted to make sure you understand that before you go on thinking you are good.

You aren't good if you can't hang at the top, unless your goal is to delude yourself.

Like i've seen you run around belittling other players and talking trash and trying to make people like messiah feel awful, it just speaks to how insecure you are in reality.

Last edited by NaLzyMan on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:23 pm 
BanMe

quote:
No i just wanted to make sure you understand that before you go on thinking you are good.

You aren't good if you can't hang at the top, unless your goal is to delude yourself.

I guess you'd say Nerz is also "not good".

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:27 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:

I guess you'd say Nerz is also "not good".

I'd say that he has not polished his game to the point where he is consistently playing near his best. He still is capable of losing games due to sloppy micro or poor scouting.

But this isn't about nerz, this is about you trying to bully around war2 players in general when it comes to sc2, trying to toot your own horn, trying to over-glorify your wins, and downplay your shortcomings.

Which I am sure impresses some people, but as long as you can genuinely admit you aren't capable of beating top players at all in the present things are ok.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 pm 
BanMe

quote:

I'd say that he has not polished his game to the point where he is consistently playing near his best. He still is capable of losing games due to sloppy micro or poor scouting.

But this isn't about nerz, this is about you trying to bully around war2 players in general when it comes to sc2, trying to toot your own horn, trying to over-glorify your wins, and downplay your shortcomings.

Ok so you don't think Nerz is good. I mean it's not like your making excuses, as I'm sure you wouldn't let horrible excuses like that change your mind about anyone else in the world referred to as "not good".

quote:

as long as you can genuinely admit you aren't capable of beating top players at all in the present things are ok

Would that make you feel like less of a loser? Just wondering why you care so much. It's like you want to talk shit yourself, but suck , so you talk shit for others. No different than what you've always done, which makes it no less amusing that usual Smile

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:36 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:

Ok so you don't think Nerz is good. I mean it's not like your making excuses, as I'm sure you wouldn't let horrible excuses like that change your mind about anyone else in the world referred to as "not good".

quote:

as long as you can genuinely admit you aren't capable of beating top players at all in the present things are ok

Would that make you feel like less of a loser? Just wondering why you care so much. It's like you want to talk shit yourself, but suck , so you talk shit for others. No different than what you've always done, which makes it no less amusing that usual Smile

No it would just ensure that you understand you are not capable of beating a top player in the present.

This isn't about whether I suck or not, I never claimed to be good, I just want you to understand you are incapable of beating a top player in the present.

I just want this forum to not be ignorant to sc2. I'd prefer people knew how the ladder worked, and roughly where they stand compared to the rest of the players in the game. I'd prefer them to understand how bw and sc2 are doing in korea, if they are a fan of sc2 as an esport, and to understand how blizzard operates as a business. I'd like them to know who bobby kotick is as well.

Top players would walk all over you every single game, especially once they had an accurate measure of your skill. Sorta like I did with my dragons.

I mean ash let's face it, all I am doing here is reminding you you are not a top player, and you are getting more and more hostile the more I mention it because in your own mind you think you are a good player. But you aren't even secure with that notion because you know it is inaccurate, which is why you constantly have to try and perpetuate that idea to others around you.

If you were content with your own skill you wouldn't feel the need to even go play a series vs messiah just to prove you are better, you wouldn't need to avoid laddering unless you have bonus pool, and you wouldn't need to display willful ignorance has to how the ladder operates just so you can think your rating means more than it does.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:40 pm 
BanMe

ahahaa

The fuck was that. What a tool

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:56 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
ahahaa

The fuck was that. What a tool

A tool used to make sure you understand that you stand zero chance vs a top player in sc2 presently.

But now you are desperate and just resorting to ad hominem.

Have a good night dragon rape victim.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 pm 
BanMe

quote:

A tool used to make sure you understand ...

rofl - I see what you did there! Something tells me thats not the first time you've used that terrible, terrible comment

quote:

Have a good night dragon rape victim.

I'm glad that beating me in war2 was such an unforgettable experience for you Smile

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:11 pm 
The_G0D

Re: heh

quote:
I wouldn't really say someone is good unless they are above 1400...

quote:
Originally posted by NaLzyMan about NeRzyMan
He has been cleaning up his game and managed to hit that 1400 mark for a while, so I don't really think you could give him too much trouble anymore.

lolol, I see it now! It's all falling together!!

Laughing

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:35 pm 
foonat

oh boy

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

lol nalzy you are such a pathetic fucking nerd sperglord

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:56 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
lol nalzy you are such a pathetic fucking nerd sperglord

We can't all sit here following the war2 forums for years and years trying our 1 dimensional trolling but being awful at every game we play.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:05 pm 
KingHillBilly

The funny part about nalzymans rant - that ash could never beat a top player is totally untrue.

There's no doubt that people like us have the raw talent - something you don't have - to compete in these games at the highest level.

The only thing I get from your rampaging posts is how upset you are with yourself that you can never be as good or as fast as us, no matter what you do.

That sir, is indeed a tough pill to swallow. But at least you're a doctor right?

Oh wait.

Toodles.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Shotgun_

he is more then just a doctor, he is a Paladinh!

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:20 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
Originally posted by KingHillBilly
The funny part about nalzymans rant - that ash could never beat a top player is totally untrue.

There's no doubt that people like us have the raw talent - something you don't have - to compete in these games at the highest level.

The only thing I get from your rampaging posts is how upset you are with yourself that you can never be as good or as fast as us, no matter what you do.

That sir, is indeed a tough pill to swallow. But at least you're a doctor right?

Oh wait.

Toodles.

You know when KHB was playing beta I asked around about him cause I was curious if he was actually good at sc2, since I knew him to be a boring and predictable cookbooker in war2, and what I got was them saying he fiended beta a lot early on but then people caught up when they played as much as him and easily surpassed him and beat him into obscurity.

I mean I was cheering for khb in sc2, but then all of the good players started mentioning what a non factor he was in reality. Sad

I will say it is disgusting that khb thinks he had any natural talent though, since he was not a creative or adaptive player at all. Straight down to the bone a cookbooker that was easily flustered when you threw anything unorthodox at him.

But hey, sc2 is the new playground, I am sure people with natural talent will easily be able to adapt to sc2 and do well in all aspects of the game.

I am also sure that there will be people who want to exaggerate their own skill, do pretty much nothing in sc2, and then say it is because they work too much or simply don't have the time to be good. Even though they would be if they wanted to (in their own mind)

Edit: Oh yea, ash definitely could not take a single game on any top player currently. If you had any clue about the competitive sc2 scene that would be very apparent to you.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:22 pm