FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Terran OP ?!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Shotgun_

Terran OP ?!

I been playing alot lately and have come to the conclusion that terran are very much not OP against Protoss or Zerg. I don't know why that "Pro" guy who used zerg is crying really. I also think Protoss have many things that make them better then Terran.

Zerg players seem to want to nerf terran so Zerg become highly OP.

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:24 am 
DrunkeN

It's because he losses to terran more then any other races so he crys OP. The game is pretty balanced. With reaper nerf there should be less bitching by Zerg players.

The main arguement about Terran is options but that is even bs. PPL gotta complain when they lose

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
turtleman@can

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/68070-1v1-protoss-zerg-kulas-ravine
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/68069-1v1-terran-zerg-metalopolis
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/68064-1v1-terran-zerg-kulas-ravine
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/68061-1v1-terran-protoss-kulas-ravine
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/68058-1v1-terran-protoss-steppes-of-war

here's a bunch of replays of various matchups i played recently if anybody is bored, they are some interesting games. The last two aren't really that cool, both of em kinda just show how immos rape terran as soon as they decide they want to make tanks

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:41 pm 
Shotgun_

Protoss are the strongest race IMO. Terran are good and have alot of options but those options are not as Strong or as forgiving as protoss. Zerg imo are also better then Terran, they can just produce units way to fast, and the units are way to fast. Mutalisks are rediculous.

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:28 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

hmmm i wonder what race shotgun plays

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:34 pm 
kublikhan

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
Zerg imo are also better then Terran, they can just produce units way to fast, and the units are way to fast. Mutalisks are rediculous.
Missile turrets in sc2 are stronger than they were in sc1. Build a pair of missile turrets in your scv line and you should be ok for fending off light to medium waves of mutas. A sensor tower would not hurt either to give urself extra warning an attack is inbound. If he goes heavy mutas, you will need marines/thors to help your missile turrets fend them off. Mutas are expensive compared to marines/turrets. So if you are able to fend off a large pack of mutas with a pair of missile turrets and a handful of stimmed marines, while he does minimal economic damage, the zerg will actually end up behind economically because he invested so much in mutas while he did not hurt you. Don't forget to harass him asap(reaper, hellion, viking, etc). The more speedlings/roaches you force him to make to fend off your attacks, the less drones he will make and it will take him longer to get to mutas. Even if you are only able to kill 1 or 2 drones, you still forced him to produce military units and did not allow him to macro as heavily as he would be able to otherwise.

quote:
Protoss are the strongest race IMO. Terran are good and have alot of options but those options are not as Strong or as forgiving as protoss.
TvP is my strongest matchup at the moment. I'm sure ash would rape me silly, but against players at my newb skill level I prefer going up against toss rather than terran/zerg.

Here's a few of my TvP replays. I actually seemed to be getting slower instead of faster. Maybe I should play more than 4 games a week :)

4 Gate vs 4 Rax

Dts vs 4 Rax

Void Rays vs marines

BTW shotgun, did you post your screen name/unitcode in the thread? screen names and unit codes

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:07 am 
Shotgun_

I might be abit above your level, terrible newbie protoss were easy. Now that i'm playing better people that seem to know about unit match-ups abit more it seems protoss have a much larger window of opportunity to to run terran over. Terran can be better but only when perfectly prepared and ready for a battle

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:42 am 
BanMe

quote:
I might be abit above your level, terrible newbie protoss were easy. Now that i'm playing better people that seem to know about unit match-ups abit more it seems protoss have a much larger window of opportunity to to run terran over. Terran can be better but only when perfectly prepared and ready for a battle

It's pretty much the exact opposite

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:09 pm 
turtleman@can

here's a couple of replays of the couple of games I played tonight.. Both ended up me being t v p
first game I scouted the dude going void rays so I immediately teched to vikings and heavy marines.. I ended up pretty much raping his natural 5 times until he gg'd. I was playing pretty slack in this one I could have probably ended it much sooner.
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/69165-1v1-terran-protoss-lost-temple

second game I do some cool ass siege tank play vs a 2 gate push into FE. I lost a handful of marines early because he caught me off guard with his push.. I was out digging around for his proxy pylon. Good thing he didn't have one. Anyway I was going to contain him at his ramp until I noticed that he had expanded even better.
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/69161-1v1-terran-protoss-metalopolis

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:32 pm 
BanMe

here's a very embarrassing slaughter (for the other guy ) PvT I played a bit ago. He was ~1100 diamond or so

Btw seeing VR as a much more popular standard opening now Smile

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/69242-1v1-terran-protoss-metalopolis

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:49 pm 
Shotgun_

Voidrays are OP.

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:58 am 
BanMe

quote:
Voidrays are OP.

They are literally the only unit, aside from carriers, that can cost for cost beat stimmed OP marauders.

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:14 am 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:
Voidrays are OP.

They are literally the only unit, aside from carriers, that can cost for cost beat stimmed OP marauders.

except that stimmed Marauders will probably kill every building in your base before cost equivalent VRs will kill the Marauders^^

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:02 am 
Shotgun_

Yeah, and then 2 immortals will kill 10 mauraders. I want Ash to tell me how it's the oppsite, the only real advantage Terran have is EMP+Stim and if u fail to get ur emp off you're pretty much fucked. You need cloaked ghosts also to avoid feedback, even then protoss have a cloaked scout unit so that usually doesn't work. Sheilds make protoss a forgiving race if u miss time an attack, it also gives u a great advantage harrassing with probes.

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:06 am 
Sypher

quote:
Yeah, and then 2 immortals will kill 10 mauraders. I want Ash to tell me how it's the oppsite, the only real advantage Terran have is EMP+Stim and if u fail to get ur emp off you're pretty much fucked. You need cloaked ghosts also to avoid feedback, even then protoss have a cloaked scout unit so that usually doesn't work. Sheilds make protoss a forgiving race if u miss time an attack, it also gives u a great advantage harrassing with probes.

you're crazy.

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:49 pm 
foonat

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:55 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:

Immortals are only good at killing marauders where as marauders kill almost everything. EMP rapes every toss unit in the area. Feedback requires you to target a unit and only effects that unit. Try targeting a tiny ghost amongst all the terran units. Also templar range is far less than ghost range.

Everything makes terran a forgiving race. Every unit they have is 100% healable and dishes out mad damage. It is hard as hell to kill any terran unit and any engagement usually results in big losses.

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:05 pm 
turtleman@can

I wonder if it's really cost effective to repair terran mech when you're not in a fight. Especially vikings (since they're so cheap anyway)

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:12 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Yeah, and then 2 immortals will kill 10 mauraders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yFOF_CXEB8

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:01 pm 
turtleman@can

ash u gonna play in the tourney - it starts at 9 pm EST nerzyman needs a challenge

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:28 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
ash u gonna play in the tourney - it starts at 9 pm EST nerzyman needs a challenge

too much work today, maybe might have tmie for a grudge match at the end ;0

Can't we consider me owning messiah and sypher as my first couple rounds? ;p

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:55 pm 
$paCe

I compiled a list of races in sc2 (and all top players agree) of the best and worse races in order from best to worse. TERRAN, PROTOSS, ZERG

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:05 pm 
The_G0D

The only thing OP in this thread is ME

Post Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:50 am