FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

are terran really OP to zerg?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
NaLzyMan

MMR is matchmaking rating, it's a secondary rating system that tries to determine the rating you would be at where you would go 50%. It is used in hand with the normal rating system to determine how much you win or lose per game.

In WoW it was displayed after each win or loss in arena, in sc2 blizzard completely hides it for some reason.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah

You jest but I am one of the better players from this forum. I am certainly not the 'even' guy.

Yes with an APM scraping the ceiling at 40 you are a force to be reckoned with.

quote:

Lol. I did a search on that site and found one of my games uploaded. The person actually uploaded a game where I won and they lost.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/57753-1v1-protoss-zerg-scrap-station

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:14 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
lol @ tman quoting these giant sperg texts in order to prove he's a true pro for being on the "not a fucking idiot" ladder

what are you talking about retard, we're talking about how the ladder functions. I was going to post something that was going to end up being an essay so I just googled it to save myself the time. I don't really need to prove myself to some newbie like you who couldn't even get high ranked in the beta that took the easy mode race and watched pro replays and tried to duplicate mapped out strategies (in a beta)

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:09 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
what are you talking about retard, we're talking about how the ladder functions. I was going to post something that was going to end up being an essay so I just googled it to save myself the time. I don't really need to prove myself to some newbie like you who couldn't even get high ranked in the beta that took the easy mode race and watched pro replays and tried to duplicate mapped out strategies (in a beta)

i was always higher ranked than you in beta, i raped you 0-2, and most of all despite the fact i was much higher than you in beta (topped at like ~7 platinum) i don't pretend being in the "not a fucking idiot" league makes me a superpro like you do

have to say the worst thing of all about this new ladder system is it makes idiots like tman think they're a pro for being in the league for people who know how to use hotkeys. but yeah please, lets hear more about your revolutionary 10 pool all-in that beats all the pros
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:15 pm 
turtleman@can

My apm is around 80 on a good day and I completely dismantle people mid/late game that double my apm. I think so many people spam click on things to buff their apm because they feel like it's a gauge of skill level. I've played so many people that were absolutely stupid players with extremely high apm and yet couldn't accomplish anything in games. APM should increase gradually because you start to know what you're going to do before you do it, and everything becomes automatic. Then more practice leads to being more efficient. It's like any game. The silly thing is that this game is brand new, half the people don't know the game very well and sit there slapping their keyboards as fast as they can because they think it's making them better.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:26 pm 
turtleman@can

listen to ghostnuke trying to justify his skills like he was ever any good. hahahaahahaha

go play civ 5 you pansy and gtfo of this message board. Fuck why not go post in rosie odennels' dyke board. you might find a woman willing to hitch up with a pansy man.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:37 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
listen to ghostnuke trying to justify his skills like he was ever any good. hahahaahahaha

go play civ 5 you pansy and gtfo of this message board. Fuck why not go post in rosie odennels' dyke board. you might find a woman willing to hitch up with a pansy man.

0-2

u mad?
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:44 pm 
turtleman@can

yes i am furious now go beat off about it you louche

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:28 pm 
Sypher

quote:
My apm is around 80 on a good day and I completely dismantle people mid/late game that double my apm. I think so many people spam click on things to buff their apm because they feel like it's a gauge of skill level. I've played so many people that were absolutely stupid players with extremely high apm and yet couldn't accomplish anything in games. APM should increase gradually because you start to know what you're going to do before you do it, and everything becomes automatic. Then more practice leads to being more efficient. It's like any game. The silly thing is that this game is brand new, half the people don't know the game very well and sit there slapping their keyboards as fast as they can because they think it's making them better.

Spaming isn't to make it look like they are better. People spam because it keeps their fingers warm. Cold fingers = slow moving fingers. That way, when you do have to do a lot of actions, your fingers are already on pace.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:39 pm 
turtleman@can

Are you saying it makes your fingers warmer as in their temperature?

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:02 pm 
DrunkeN

try watching gretorp's stream he spams at the beginning like mad...but it pays off at the end because he can macro and micro so easy since he was doing it all game. It def pays off.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:

You jest but I am one of the better players from this forum. I am certainly not the 'even' guy.

Yes with an APM scraping the ceiling at 40 you are a force to be reckoned with.

quote:

Lol. I did a search on that site and found one of my games uploaded. The person actually uploaded a game where I won and they lost.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/57753-1v1-protoss-zerg-scrap-station

I'm always slow yet I still win. Go figure. I'd beat most of the players on this forum in a best of 3.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:15 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by DrunkeN
try watching gretorp's stream he spams at the beginning like mad...but it pays off at the end because he can macro and micro so easy since he was doing it all game. It def pays off.

pwned gretorp in beta while he was streaming Smile Funny hearing him whine.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:17 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Are you saying it makes your fingers warmer as in their temperature?

Yes. Blood circulation causes warmth. Should have learned that in 4th grade science.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:34 pm 
Sypher

BTW ~ Proof that Terran is ez mode:

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=142498

Was doing 2v2 with a buddy of mine before this game and decided to off race Terran. When I switched back to solo, I forgot to switch back to zerg. This is my first time playing Terran in solo ladder.

The only TvT game I have seen is TLO vs NaDa.

If terran takes any skill at all, I shouldn't have won.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:02 pm 
NaLzyMan

heh

Most people spam APM and most of what they use that APM for is inefficient.

Too bad there is no apm counter for effective APM vs ineffective APM since it would be too difficult to determine whether each action was effective or not.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:25 pm 
BanMe

Re: heh

APM makes a large difference, at a high level of play. As time goes on, it becomes more important as strategies are refined and mechanized into habit. This early on, it's less important as everyone is still discovering and honing in viable strategy and tactics.

But an easy way to beat a lower APM player is just harass them everywhere, and they will quickly dwindle in effectiveness. A lower APM player is in his best position when both sides are left relatively alone, the base count is < 3, and the battle is kept in one place at a time. Certainly as time goes on, having a higher APM will player a larger role in your chances of victory.

40 is really pretty pitiful though for someone considering themselves to be anywhere near a high level. I certainly don't lose to anyone that has less APM than me, usually it is significantly higher.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:11 pm 
7VlesSiah

Lets play 1v1 Ash.

I make no claims of greatness. As you can see from my other posts, I don't pretend to know everything about a game that has been out a month. The only thing I claim is that I am better than most diamonds as that is something I can easily measure.

You say I am bottom level diamond, the floor of mediocrity. Clearly you are the great one here so let's 1v1. You should go 5-0 against me since you are pro.

P.S. You can spam actions for the first 5 minutes if it helps. I don't mind.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:47 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Lets play 1v1 Ash.

I make no claims of greatness. As you can see from my other posts, I don't pretend to know everything about a game that has been out a month. The only thing I claim is that I am better than most diamonds as that is something I can easily measure.

You say I am bottom level diamond, the floor of mediocrity. Clearly you are the great one here so let's 1v1. You should go 5-0 against me since you are pro.

P.S. You can spam actions for the first 5 minutes if it helps. I don't mind.

we played. 4-0.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:03 pm 
7VlesSiah

So he spammed actions for 5 minutes and beat me 4-0. Meh.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:04 pm 
Kith-Kanin

I don't understand why you'd be upset and why you expected anything less than that outcome lol? Players that have more actions will beat you 99% of the time because they're able to macro/micro more than you can.

Are you bothered because you thought diamond meant something or? I don't get it...

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

You are reading too much into things kith. I'm not bothered at all. My comment was a joke.

Last edited by 7VlesSiah on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:12 pm 
BanMe

Re: heh

quote:
Originally posted by NaLzyMan
in diamond means you have at least a basic understanding of the game.

Yes, I'll grant Messiah that.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:14 pm 
turtleman@can

sypher: I just can't really see that as being true for myself. I generally play in a warm climate and I have good blood circulation in my hands. I guess if your hands are cold before a game then it couldn't hurt..

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:16 am 
Shotgun_

Hmm, someone teach me to be sc2 pro. I am very bad. I want to rape (DI)Ash at another video game.

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:28 am 
turtleman@can

when are they getting rid of the region lock thing?

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:05 am 
Mez

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
Hmm, someone teach me to be sc2 pro. I am very bad.

Today shotgun asked me if the forcefields from sentries "prevented him from shooting over them". Oh just to note, he has played 442 solo games.

ps. turtleman is gay

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:20 am 
turtleman@can

loll
mez you any good at sc2?

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:15 pm 
kublikhan

Hey drunken I just noticed your in the same division as me. Is that you in Torus November?

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 pm 
Shotgun_

why did you tell everyone mez.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:28 am