FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Top 20 SC2 players
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kublikhan

Top 20 SC2 players

Check out the starcraft 2 rankings. Of the top 20, the races played break down as:

8 terran
7 protoss
3 zerg
2 random

Starcraft 2 Rankings
That's across all regions. Just the North American players break down as thus:

quote:
Originally posted by article
Rank Race Character Name
1 Protoss HuK
2 Protoss TTOne
3 Terran qxc
4 Terran ajtls
5 Protoss KiWiKaKi
6 Zerg IdrA
7 Zerg SLush
8 Terran SeleCT
9 Terran Neans
10 Terran Silver
11 Protoss Antimage
12 Terran Android
13 Terran drewbie
14 Protoss iNcontroL
15 Protoss Kurtz
17 Protoss Agh
16 Zerg Sheth
18 Protoss Katari
19 Terran Moo
20 Protoss SUGGY
Current Top 200 StarCraft II

9 Toss
8 Terrran
3 Zerg
0 Random

Poor zerg are under represented at the top.

Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:33 pm 
WarMaN_WH

atleast the races seem balanced Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:44 pm 
foonat

i haven't played in a couple of weeks but i think it's less that zerg are underpowered and more that they take longer to master/are more tedious to play that they are underrepresented at the top

Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:09 pm 
Rat

No, just because u lose to zerg dosnt mean they are good.

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:28 am 
foonat

i don't know what that means but ok

i was ranked 6 in my diamond division before i stopped playing b/c i moved and haven't gotten my furniture yet, i probably lost equally to all races although i was matched up more against protoss than others. zerg needs minor tweaks but at top level play it's fine, sorry ur new

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:13 am 
Sypher

Terran Mech = OP

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:33 am 
Shotgun_

Terran are not OP. Stop complaining.

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:20 pm 
turtleman@can

i bet if you asked 500 people what they thought was imba you would get a good spread of like 20 different answers

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:46 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
Terran are not OP. Stop complaining.

You're wrong.

Zerg always goes into mid-game at a disadvantage against terran because zerg is forced to prepare for potential reaper/hellion harass. There is no way to scout it, so Z has to do it every game, which sacrifices their economy.

Not to mention that if a terran does certain pushes semi-correctly, it is damn near impossible to stop(see idra vs silver on metalopolis).

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:48 pm 
foonat

what you are saying is true, but i think these things amount to minor tweaks and in most matches the superior player will win, regardless of race

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:59 pm 
turtleman@can

I'm not saying Idra isn't good, but he doesn't know how to use zerg vs terran. Every replay I watch of his , he plays like a complete retard 'hey there's upgraded hellions, maybe I should make a fuckton of zerglings to counter them when I've got 10 mutalisks flying around'

'oh hey thors, time for more mutas and zerglings'
'mmm ball? its ok i'll just run this ctrl group of ultralisks into a tight choke and by sheer volume i will win'

try using more banelings to control ground forces. I don't know how many times I've stopped a terran army in it's tracks with a ctrl group of banelings.
They are zergs' answer to terran mid game. Get the speed upgrade/burrow and use them in coordination with lings and you will wipe out entire armies. It's a hell of a lot easier to mass them w/ lings than it is to mass roaches/hydras, which require more food and are less efficient.

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:07 pm 
kublikhan

This guy's Roach/Baneling army did not fair so well against this terran mech army. Check out the battle at 23 minutes:

(T) Masq vs (Z) Rigid

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:29 pm 
turtleman@can

I wouldn't really call that a roach/baneling army. He had literally 8 banelings and about 50 roaches and he was ambushed by a ton of sieged tanks, thors and marauders/medivacs with the high ground advantage. I don't even think his banelings had the chance to get within striking distance of the terran. I would be surprised if the zerg player had 5 kills in that battle, he should have just ran away with the half of his army that didn't die instantly. It was a cool replay though, I thought the zerg was going to make a comeback with his broodlords. He had the terran on the ropes, even after being severely raped

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:37 pm 
Sypher

you realize that against terran, the only units worth using banelings on are marines, right?

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:40 pm 
turtleman@can

http://sc2rep.net/replays/starcraft-2-replay-z-checkprime-vs-t-%EC%9A%94%EC%B8%A0%EB%B0%94%EB%9E%91-xelnaga-caverns-08-13-2010

watch this replay if you want to see some zerg vs terran rape

also sypher I would say that you're wrong. They do 20dmg, 35 vs light but there are tons of other variables to consider. They do their dmg instantly. They do aoe dmg, they are complimenting your other units, the longer a fight goes on, the less chances you have as zerg, they are getting in close to tanks that do friendly fire splash damage, you can outproduce terran, your units are faster, they also rape hellions, terrans are terrified of them(uses scans constantly to see if they're burrowed), etc etc etc

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:27 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
http://sc2rep.net/replays/starcraft-2-replay-z-checkprime-vs-t-%EC%9A%94%EC%B8%A0%EB%B0%94%EB%9E%91-xelnaga-caverns-08-13-2010

watch this replay if you want to see some zerg vs terran rape

also sypher I would say that you're wrong. They do 20dmg, 35 vs light but there are tons of other variables to consider. They do their dmg instantly. They do aoe dmg, they are complimenting your other units, the longer a fight goes on, the less chances you have as zerg, they are getting in close to tanks that do friendly fire splash damage, you can outproduce terran, your units are faster, they also rape hellions, terrans are terrified of them(uses scans constantly to see if they're burrowed), etc etc etc

Marauders nullify banelings
Tanks nullify banelings
You get 1 burrowed baneling trap off before Terran gets 1 raven

banelings are useless unless he is MMM, in which case you got muta ling bling

They are basically scarabs that cost 75/25 and have a chance of exploding before they get to their target.

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:54 pm 
Sypher

P.S. Stolen from TL.net

Dimaga's statement:

quote:
Originally posted by dimaga
You are not going to believe it, but it is true. I am seriously considering changing my race. This is, however, understandable: you must realize that I have not only moral responsibility to my fans, but a much more real, financial responsibility to my employer.

I do not just play Starcraft 2 for fun, it is my JOB. The image and the popularity of the team depend on my results, and so I must do whatever is necessary to make my team the best. Unfortunately, in the present balance situation regarding Zerg, I cannot achieve good results for my team. Blizzard's inaction only further fuels the fire.

Because of these reasons, unless there is at least an announcement of the new patch after GOM TV Global Starcraft II League and IEM Global Challenge Gamescom, I am going to switch from my precious Zerg to the more successful Terran.

I really want at least a small balance change, but so that your game does not have to depend solely on the mistakes of your opponent. I want fair play. Hopefully, I will not have to take such extreme measures.

Dmitry "DIMAGA" Filipchuk

Dimaga has been one of the top zerg players since start of beta. He was also a top European Zerg in BW.

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:02 pm 
foonat

dimaga owns

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:43 pm 
kublikhan

quote:
As I walk through the valley with my terran mech army, I shall fear no zerg.

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:03 pm 
BanMe

yeah zerg are pretty easy to beat - as long as you 2 gate early and build up zealots you should shoot ahead on econ and can win in a variety of ways from there. PvZ been the easiest P matchup in awhile - all you have to do is survive the baneling bust.

Terran has been easier lately but only because there are so many overrated terrans.

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:23 pm 
kublikhan

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
Dimaga has been one of the top zerg players since start of beta. He was also a top European Zerg in BW.
It's not just Dimaga. Cool, Freedom, and Seth are switching as well. Idra and Sen look like they are sticking with zerg for now, but the pool of top level zerg players is shrinking. Terran dominating zerg is even more glaring in tourneys than on the ladder:

quote:
Originally posted by teamliquid

WTA Takedown
thestc (t) vs. ensnare (t)

S2G oGs vs Prime
Score: oGs (5) - (0) Prime
Game 1 - oGsEnsnare (T) > GerrardPrime (Z)
Game 2 - oGsEnsnare (T) > CheckPrime (Z)
Game 3 - oGsEnsnare (T) > MaKaPrime (T)
Game 4 - oGsEnsnare (T) > hanniblePrime (T)
Game 5 - oGsEnsnare (T) > DayFlyPrime (T)

Another WTA Takedown
thestc (t) 3-2 cool (z)

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:37 pm 
Saint34

... You forgot your very own old school war2 player.. Why am I not on that list? and where did you get that list from?

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:45 pm 
Saint34

Oh... I am 8th on 2v2 Random... but thats based on points. which doesn't really mean all that much. I have not played enough 1v1. I don't have enough time to keep up with both ladders. however I am 7-1 or 6-1 in 1v1's I fucked one game up cause I was to drunk to play last night lol

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:50 pm 
foonat

i am sure you are one of the top players in the world, Saint34

Post Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:52 pm 
Saint34

well it tells me i am 16th on the world standings for 2v2 random ladder

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:01 am 
Kyr.Luoson

2on2 doesnt mean anything and there is some big imbalances in certain startegys vs certain match ups

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:11 am 
Saint34

No matter how to look at the game... 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3 its all macro management. Same thing as war2. Control the res, control the game. the more res income the more units you can produce and the speed at which you can produce.

The key to the game is knowing how to counter their units and to do tricky things like attack the front but send 4 reapers to their minerals which will stop him from producing, giving you advantage. You may lose more units in that battle cause you had to purchase reapers however by the time he gets to your base you should already have enough units to kill whatever hes got left. Meanwhile hes sitting on Baltic with crap waiting for Drones/SCV's/Probes and your still mass producing.

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:26 am 
turtleman@can

well I think that qualifies you as a top player moreso than foonat thinking he's a top tier player because he got placed high in a new diamond division

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:16 am 
Shotgun_

quote:
well I think that qualifies you as a top player moreso than foonat thinking he's a top tier player because he got placed high in a new diamond division

LoL ^^^

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:24 am 
foonat

never said i was top tier, just competent. you on the other hand are not only terrible at the one thing you love besides food (video games), but are also fat and stupid, a triumvirate of shitty characteristics whose only logical endpoint is suicide. write us a note on here before you do it pls

also 2v2 random is trash, no one plays it, and it doesn't matter what rank you are in it ^_^

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:09 am