65%  [ 15 ]
Don't Ban and allow hacks on the server as long as the hacker doesn't smurf
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 23

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DA MighTY

Ban Messiah

I don't really understand what the hesitation here is. The community has voted largely in favor of banning him. Everyone else that voted against or said they didn't care states that people can choose to play against him or not because he isn't allowed to smurf with that tileset hack. Is this not the same as saying known hackers shouldn't be banned because everyone knows they're a hacker and can decide to play them or not? War2 is designed with these little quirks and we love the game for that. Someone said that drawing a black color is just lucky and is part of the game. Why is he allowed to use a hack that changes this color into pink? Knowing how to place buildings for tower bug etc is part of the game. Why is he allowed to use the tileset hack for this? Finally, why is he allowed to see more than non hackers using his hack (as Luo's SS clearly indicates).

If he wasn't a huge newb and was actually good enough to, say, win tournaments and ladders and had a master icon, would people feel differently? Admins either need to ban him or tell him to stop using the hacks. Otherwise, you should allow every hacker to play on the server if they don't smurf (which is clearly a horrible idea).

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 am 
TheDRAX

mighty you are a sensitive little fellow. you have been e-raging for 24 hours now. calm down. and stop crying about this. its terrible.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:02 pm 
DA MighTY

quote:
Originally posted by TheDRAX
mighty you are a sensitive little fellow. you have been e-raging for 24 hours now. calm down. and stop crying about this. its terrible.

Gawd I hate you sometimes. I will not seize to e-rage until war2 is rid of kayaking tards.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:12 pm 
Fast Luck

I don't think the community has voted largely in favor of banning him from reading the other thread. The posts were mostly against him and his tileset, but not in favor of banning him.

also, weren't you just playing against him yesterday? Why do you play against him and campaign for him to be banned at the same time

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:18 pm 
TheDRAX

Mighty is a sensitive doucher.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:52 pm 
DA MighTY

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
I don't think the community has voted largely in favor of banning him from reading the other thread. The posts were mostly against him and his tileset, but not in favor of banning him.

also, weren't you just playing against him yesterday? Why do you play against him and campaign for him to be banned at the same time

I played against him because teams were decided after the game was launched. I don't even care if he's not banned, just make him stop using the hacks or allow all other hackers to play on the server.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:58 pm 
Allstar

one thing is apparent, messiah is the type of player who will use whatever it takes to gain the upper hand (even turning black to pink, rofl) makes logical sense that he could easily justify to himself maphacking as well. I'd honestly be surprised if he didn't, I mean he has a grid hack and a color hack why not a maphack? if he knows how to create those I'm sure he can easily create a maphack for his personal use that could defy screenshots (the only reason that catches anybody is the few that were circulating years ago would still show the mines if turned off) I'm sure its since been fixed (theres a couple players who consistantly play hackerish and dodgy yet provide ss's because they simply turn it off once they see starting spots - DefinatelyMaybe is definately one of these. He does shit like Lumber mill first at 12 and sends first 2 peons to 5 when its hot. Then another game he's 12 he'll mill first and send to 11 when its hot. Seen him do this in the span of a few games.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:51 pm 
Fast Luck

He uses one program that he himself created. I don't think that means he's going to start maphacking.

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:41 am 
Shotgun_

I agree with allstar, im sure Messiah maphacks also but hes just to bad for anyone to care.

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:17 am 
[24-7]Guan-Yu

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck

I guess it depends on how you read into it. I think the community favours a zero tolerance policy towards hacks. And they don't like him because of his hack. He's obviously not gonna quit using his hack so what else can you do besides banning him?

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Ywfn

quote:
Originally posted by [24-7]Guan-Yu
I guess it depends on how you read into it. I think the community favours a zero tolerance policy towards hacks. And they don't like him because of his hack. He's obviously not gonna quit using his hack so what else can you do besides banning him?

I think the people that want him banned are being biased due to his doucheness and general dickish behavior. There is no real reason not to let him play as long as he doesn't smurf. He has never made any attempt to hide the use of his hack, and there's at least a significant minority (if not a majority) that don't mind playing with him as long as they know he's using it.

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:19 am 
[24-7]Guan-Yu

Well that looks like a double standard. What are we gonna do if more people start using it, including top players?

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
TheDRAX

are you really worried that is going to happen?

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:43 am 
Ywfn

I think that's extremely unlikely, and don't think we need to base our current policy on that slippery slope. If it gets out of control, then we can talk about an outright ban.

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:43 am 
DA MighTY

quote:
Originally posted by Ywfn
I think that's extremely unlikely, and don't think we need to base our current policy on that slippery slope. If it gets out of control, then we can talk about an outright ban.

it doesn't matter that this is unlikely. This is like saying that someone named "OgreMage511" who builds his hall 40 feet away from a gold mine is allowed to use a map hack and an upgrade hack that he made as long as everyone knows its him because he still sucks. I refuse to play in the same game with Messiah but war2 is not exactly at its peak and its not like we have that many options for games. I think there should be a no tolerance policy for ANY alterations to the original game unless its something that the community as a whole can truly agree on.

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:48 am 
TheDRAX

Mighty you knew all of this before joining a game with Messiah. Lawwl stop whining about this.

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:51 am 
Fast Luck

Think what you like about Messiah's tileset, it's not a map hack or as flagrant a violation as a map hack. That's why the two things are being treated differently, and why I want to leave it up to the players to decide for themselves if they're willing to put up with it. PS - No one else is going to start using that tileset. It's been around for years now, no one else uses it.

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:02 pm 
DA MighTY

quote:
Mighty you knew all of this before joining a game with Messiah. Lawwl stop whining about this.

Drax Im really getting sick of your shit. Shut the fuck up and mind your own fucking business because I clearly have a good enough reason to hate this faggot and his hacks that contribute to this community getting smaller and smaller. You don't have to include your opinion into every post.

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:28 pm 
TheDRAX

quote:
Originally posted by DA MighTY
quote:

Drax Im really getting sick of your shit. Shut the fuck up and mind your own fucking business because I clearly have a good enough reason to hate this faggot and his hacks that contribute to this community getting smaller and smaller. You don't have to include your opinion into every post.

You still knew.

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:40 pm 
NaLzyMan

Are these hacks that messiah uses public? If they aren't easily accessible to everyone he shouldn't be allowed to use them, as they obviously give him an edge.

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

http://www.geocities.com/sombre_seraphus/downloads.html

The second one on the page.

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:19 pm 
Paper_Boy

I caught Nalzy hacking once, poor guy =P

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
NaLzyMan

In reality I caught paperboy hacking 23423x when I used to ally him. He would call stuff out and try to convince me it was on my minimap when it was still fogged up. Most ridiculous arguments ever.

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kyr.Luoson

Well lance i dont think to many people would care if he was gone, banhammer time.

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:50 pm 
Swift

quote:

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:47 am 
Ywfn

quote:
Originally posted by Kyr.Luoson
Well lance i dont think to many people would care if he was gone, banhammer time.

No.

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:12 am 
Kyr.Luoson

Ywfn do you even log on wc2 anymore? Messiah is by far the lamest of the lame. Your lucky you dont have to put up with this faggot and his hacking bullshit.

Lance, do your thing. Banhammer intill he removes his titleset.

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:59 pm 
Fast Luck

I wouldn't consider Ywfn one of Messiah's biggest fans

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:42 pm 
foonat

you can't ban people for "being lame" luoson, you can ban them from your games though

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:07 pm 
7VlesSiah

I must have given you the biggest rape in the history of war2 Luoson.

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:04 pm