39%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 41

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
NaLzyMan

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
quote:
Originally posted by NaLzyMan
Wid was better than me? My team was at the top of every league we played in. Wid couldn't even break even in cal-o. We were easily top 10 in cod4 sneaking into top 5 by the time we decided the game wasn't worth it competitively and stopped practicing.

The team wid was on was fucking awful. They never scrimmed(which is why I was always ringing for them.. and I was asking you to ring for us as well).

If he wanted to, I am sure he(wid) could get into a top CAL-M/CEVO-P team.

Well I am glad you are sure, but from what i've seen of him he might make a bottom of the barrel cal-m team if he was lucky. Same with cevo-p.

From your perspective I understand what you are thinking, because you simply had not had the opportunity to play the top teams in the game, but there is a giant difference between people who can get frags in dms or 5v5 scrims vs awful teams, and people who can set themselves up for high frag counts vs top teams with no holes in their play.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Sypher

quote:
Well I am glad you are sure, but from what i've seen of him he might make a bottom of the barrel cal-m team if he was lucky. Same with cevo-p.

From your perspective I understand what you are thinking, because you simply had not had the opportunity to play the top teams in the game, but there is a giant difference between people who can get frags in dms or 5v5 scrims vs awful teams, and people who can set themselves up for high frag counts vs top teams with no holes in their play.

Well first: we did play top teams(and obviously got destroyed since we never had strats).

Second: We were both pretty successful in other FPS games. We were on the same team before switching to WoW. He is an excellent team player and could def be a top CoD4 player.

Just quit with the gimmick please.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:45 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
Also, everyone I talked to that was "into" the cod scene said that you were good at cod1 but nowhere to be found for cod2, which is when competition peaked for the cod series(as in most teams/most leagues/etc).

Just stop sucking your dick so hard man. Quit with your silly gimmick.

Who is everyone? I was cal-i in cod1, which was the most skill-demanding of the series. I made cal-m which was the top cal that cal had to offer in cod2.

You are also wrong about competition peaking in the cod series. It was in cod1 that it was the largest. It had a huge cpl event, and all of the big cs sponsors had cod1 teams in america. coL, U5, 3d, pandemic, so on and so forth. Even fatal1ty tried to get good at cod1. As far as online competition went cod1 had the most.

As far as lans go COD4 had the most.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:

Well first: we did play top teams(and obviously got destroyed since we never had strats).

Second: We were both pretty successful in other FPS games. We were on the same team before switching to WoW. He is an excellent team player and could def be a top CoD4 player.

Which top teams did you play in cod4, because really, the top teams are very picky about who they play in cod4, if they don't know you they won't scrim you.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:46 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Who is everyone?

Nightfall
Skippy
Brawler
etc.

Also asked prank about your team and he said you guys were nothing special.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:47 pm 
BanMe

quote:

I only asked about in your prime. Because the game clearly evolved differently once bnet came out, and you were definitely a weak player entering into bnet. You always talked about some aol league but you were awful compared to nex early on on bnet.

I can only go by what I see but you primed on bnet later on when you and khb were repping the DI tags, if anyone wants to share their opinion and claim ash was better on kali or whatever than he ever was on bnet then go ahead.

I was good for many years on kali, but for some reason my old mac ran bnet edition very poorly and would skip and stutter all over the place. I also only had a one button mouse up till this point. So when I got a PC than ran the game smoothly and a 2 button mouse I was comparatively good again. But when bnet first came out and I was stuck on stuttering old comp and a one button mouse I was severely hindered.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:47 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:

I only asked about in your prime. Because the game clearly evolved differently once bnet came out, and you were definitely a weak player entering into bnet. You always talked about some aol league but you were awful compared to nex early on on bnet.

I can only go by what I see but you primed on bnet later on when you and khb were repping the DI tags, if anyone wants to share their opinion and claim ash was better on kali or whatever than he ever was on bnet then go ahead.

I was good for many years on kali, but for some reason my old mac ran bnet edition very poorly and would skip and stutter all over the place. I also only had a one button mouse up till this point. So when I got a PC than ran the game smoothly and a 2 button mouse I was comparatively good again. But when bnet first came out and I was stuck on stuttering old comp and a one button mouse I was severely hindered.

I believe you but I am asking if you think you were better on kali/aol or if your prime skillwise was on bnet? Because from what I saw when the game came to bnet, there was still a lot of polishing and new strats to be used.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:48 pm 
Sypher

quote:
quote:
quote:

Which top teams did you play in cod4, because really, the top teams are very picky about who they play in cod4, if they don't know you they won't scrim you.

We both know a lot of the players through association(from CS, wow, etc). At 3am when there is nobody to scrim, we would scrim teams like pandemic and shit. Just because htere was nobody else around.

Quit. With. Gimmick.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:49 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

We both know a lot of the players through association(from CS, wow, etc). At 3am when there is nobody to scrim, we would scrim teams like pandemic and shit. Just because htere was nobody else around.

Quit. With. Gimmick.

You scrimmed pandemic at 3am? That's your experience vs top teams?

skippy/brawler/prank are all excheaters, nothing they say matters, they all were also nonfactors in cod1. And prank was really the only one that got good in cod2/cod4.

Nightfall is well-known as the biggest clanhopper/teamkiller in the cod series, he has also retired from gaming about 30x on the cal forums. He won't have anything nice to say because I have poked so much fun at him for things like cybering a guy that was pretending to be a girl in cod1, to taking myspace angle photos to hide his obesity as much as possible.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:57 pm 
aesop rocks

this guy is mental

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
NaLzyMan

quote:
Originally posted by aesop rocks
this guy is mental

I don't even know who you are, who are you?

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:58 pm 
Sypher

quote:
skippy/brawler/prank are all excheaters, nothing they say matters

didn't you get caught cheating in war2?

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:59 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:
skippy/brawler/prank are all excheaters, nothing they say matters

didn't you get caught cheating in war2?

No that would be nerzy.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:00 pm 
Sypher

quote:
No that would be nerzy.

still

quote:
Nerz must have imagined it too considering we went like 70-0 vs all of the top teams in the game at the time

This shit doesn't matter if you allying a hacker.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:03 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:
No that would be nerzy.

still

quote:
Nerz must have imagined it too considering we went like 70-0 vs all of the top teams in the game at the time

You are right, it doesn't but he was cheating on kali, and I didn't even know he had been caught cheating before at the time. He was using some sorta spell hack. Obviously if he had been spell hacking on bnet people woulda noticed.

We really have no way of knowing whether he cheated on bnet or not, but at that point we were running over everyone, and our biggest competition were teams that involved at least 1 cheater.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:05 pm 
BanMe

quote:

I believe you but I am asking if you think you were better on kali/aol or if your prime skillwise was on bnet? Because from what I saw when the game came to bnet, there was still a lot of polishing and new strats to be used.

I think I was faster on kali/aol. Late Kali pre-bnet I was the dominant player, #1 cases singles and teams. When I went through the stuttering computer phase on bnet I had to resort to hotkeys because my mouse skipped so much (my mouse was also a ball and really getting shitty at that point). I also used to be a much heavier macro player (similar to nerzy style), but the valk/buzzbomb hacking spree happened also when bnet started and I was still on crapmac, so I couldn't get away with the crazy expanding as they would immediately find it. That style coupled with me getting lazy relying on hotkeys probably made me weaker overall. I came back and was pretty strong on bnet for a while, about the time me and khb were koth champs and would beat you and nerz down regularly, late 2000 to early 2002 or so. Then I went to UCLA and never hit that level of activity again.

I remember you and kgb were pretty good, but that was in my crapmac era, and it was very shortlived. You have definitely been among the most creative and unique players over the years. You invite alot of shit talk on yourself because you do have a very inflated opinion of yourself, and people feel the need to bring you down by being probably equally demeaning to you as you are self promoting. You're a good player, but never have been a top player. But there's nothing wrong with that. Truthfully Nerzy is an incredible ally, and I think he would have done well with any good player, probably much better with a better player than yourself. But you guys have a very good friendship that he might not have found in another ally, and he's a loyal and good guy, he even stands by you despite what a complete ass you make of yourself.

You almost embarassed me with some off-beat strategies and a bit of luck. Almost. But you still lost 3-0 after accepting the challenge. Unforunately I'm not sure you have even a shred of humility, so you've been neccessarily and severely riled. Anyway I do think you're a good player and you can be a funny and cool guy, I really hope you find a way out of the funk your in and find happiness and peace. This nonsense you stir up is not good for anyone.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:06 pm 
Sypher

quote:
quote:
quote:
No that would be nerzy.

still

quote:

You are right, it doesn't but he was cheating on kali, and I didn't even know he had been caught cheating before at the time. He was using some sorta spell hack. Obviously if he had been spell hacking on bnet people woulda noticed.

We really have no way of knowing whether he cheated on bnet or not, but at that point we were running over everyone, and our biggest competition were teams that involved at least 1 cheater.

Oh so it is cool if nerz gets caught hacking in a game that has no anti-cheat deterrent, but "ex-cheaters" like prank/brawler are non-factors even though they have to deal with anti-cheat measures in league play?

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:08 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:

I think I was faster on kali/aol. Late Kali pre-bnet I was the dominant player, #1 cases singles and teams. When I went through the stuttering computer phase on bnet I had to resort to hotkeys because my mouse skipped so much (my mouse was also a ball and really getting shitty at that point). I also used to be a much heavier macro player (similar to nerzy style), but the valk/buzzbomb hacking spree happened also when bnet started and I was still on crapmac, so I couldn't get away with the crazy expanding as they would immediately find it. That style coupled with me getting lazy relying on hotkeys probably made me weaker overall. I came back and was pretty strong on bnet for a while, about the time me and khb were koth champs and would beat you and nerz down regularly, late 2000 to early 2002 or so. Then I went to UCLA and never hit that level of activity again.

I remember you and kgb were pretty good, but that was in my crapmac era, and it was very shortlived. You have definitely been among the most creative and unique players over the years. You invite alot of shit talk on yourself because you do have a very inflated opinion of yourself, and people feel the need to bring you down by being probably equally demeaning to you as you are self promoting. You're a good player, but never have been a top player. But there's nothing wrong with that. Truthfully Nerzy is an incredible ally, and I think he would have done well with any good player, probably much better with a better player than yourself. But you guys have a very good friendship that he might not have found in another ally, and he's a loyal and good guy, he even stands by you despite what a complete ass you make of yourself.

You almost embarassed me with some off-beat strategies and a bit of luck. Almost. But you still lost 3-0 after accepting the challenge. Unforunately I'm not sure you have even a shred of humility, so you've been neccessarily and severely riled. Anyway I do think you're a good player and you can be a funny and cool guy, I really hope you find a way out of the funk your in and find happiness and peace. This nonsense you stir up is not good for anyone.

You are right nerz is an amazing ally and if you stick him with another amazing player they are going to be amazing. However, I don't deny that, because I stopped caring. There are countless games we could have won easily, that we didn't because I decided to do something crazy, or I had no interest in winning. But that was later on in bnet, up to present day, but even now nerz doesn't care half of the time either, so you play vs 2 people that don't care if they win, they'd rather go tower under 2 or something.

I can say however, that in my prime, we were simply the best team in the game. Nerz wasn't even in his prime at that point, he was definitely already a top player, but his macro didn't get to it's peak until later.

Edit: Also another thing to note is that the styles change a lot. The teamwork nerz and I use in 2v2 war2, is a lot diff than say the teamwork khb and you used, because your strats and playstyles were different than mine when I started doing unorthodox stuff. A lot of people that watch our games are highly entertained by the way our strats work, and i've often had people tell me that our style is so unique and that our playstyles compliment each other very well. I also wouldn't say you and khb beat us down regularly, you guys had winning series vs. us and we had winning series vs you guys. I was def the weakest 1v1 player of the 4 , but in 2v2s anything could happen. There were games you guys raped us quick and easy, there were games we did the exact same, and there were games that were close with either side coming out on top.

Last edited by NaLzyMan on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:12 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
No that would be nerzy.

still

quote:

Oh so it is cool if nerz gets caught hacking in a game that has no anti-cheat deterrent, but "ex-cheaters" like prank/brawler are non-factors even though they have to deal with anti-cheat measures in league play?

Not cool at all, but you have to take things into context, nerz was so newb when he cheated that he got caught about as blatantly as arch with the spell hack. If there had been some competitive league like cal that wanted to issue a year ban on him for that then that woulda been fine.

The difference with brawler skippy and prank is, they hacked in a very competitive environment in league matches, and it wasn't blatantly newbish, they tried to conceal it as best they could.

If I had known nerz was a convicted hacker I probably never would have gotten to know him very well, and who knows how things would have turned out as far as war2 goes. However, I didn't know, and I got to know a cool guy that I still talk to after almost 10 years.

Edit: As a matter of fact we probably would have shit talked each other a lot, because I would have been stubborn and repetitious in bringing up his hacking, and he woulda been annoyed because he probably wasn't hacking at that point.

Last edited by NaLzyMan on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:15 pm 
aesop rocks

nalzy nobody has every said you were good

you are the only one

does this mean anything to you?

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
NaLzyMan

quote:
nalzy nobody has every said you were good

you are the only one

does this mean anything to you?

Not really, because I was always capable of beating top teams in any era on bnet.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:19 pm 
aesop rocks

where is proof of this? why can't anyone back up your claims?

best of all, why can't YOU back up your claims? you've ALWAYS sucked from what ive heard

edit: i notice you mention "teams" everytime you claim any sort of victory...you sucked bad in 1v1 right? only capable of winning when nerzy carried you? right? you did get blanked 3-0 by ash recently, right?

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:24 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:

best of all, why can't YOU back up your claims? you've ALWAYS sucked from what ive heard

Why would anyone back them up, people aren't going to jump out and say "nalzy raped me" because most of the war2 community has no integrity.

Proof? It is war2, sorry if you would screenshot something like a win vs a top team, but it came often enough for me that it wasn't really a big deal.

I've listed some of the top teams nerz and i, kgb70 and i, and kgb97 and I have beaten. If they want they can deny it, doesn't change the fact that it still happened though.

I mean what top teams are there now? TD? SD? SD was a joke, me and nerz have beaten every combination of player they had. TD, I can't recall games where me and nerz beat them specifically, but I can where kgb97 and I beat wargasm and mage 3-1 or so. Which is pretty amazing considering how rusty we are and how obviously blatant mage is, and wargasm was pretty blatant too in some games we've watched but no proof so w/e.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 pm 
NaLzyMan

quote:

edit: i notice you mention "teams" everytime you claim any sort of victory...you sucked bad in 1v1 right? only capable of winning when nerzy carried you? right? you did get blanked 3-0 by ash recently, right?

Yea ash 3-0'd me, you can go watch those games and see how serious I was playing.

I was never a top 1on1 player, but I could carry my own. I'm 2-0 vs swift, 1-0 vs mage, 3-1 vs proph, 0-3 vs ash, and 0-1 vs tabac[man] on ru. I was not a top 1on1 player because I didn't like 1on1, at least on gow, I think gow is too big for 1on1 and unless you are hacking like mage or swift do, you are at a disadvantage and vulnerable to things like hidden duals.

Edit: I forgot I played a series vs guan-yu as well but I forget the outcome of that, i was doing stuff like oting with all cannons though so take it for what you will.

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:33 pm 
Fast Luck

Well when you and 97 came back me and GAD beat you 3-0

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:04 am 
turtleman@can

i've beaten nalzy/whoever countless times with random scrub allies

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:50 am 
~Dakine..HeX

how do you get credit for being a good 2v2 player and beating the top teams when you got carried by a hacker?

Post Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:05 pm 
Wargasm

quote:
quote:

Why would anyone back them up, people aren't going to jump out and say "nalzy raped me" because most of the war2 community has no integrity.

Proof? It is war2, sorry if you would screenshot something like a win vs a top team, but it came often enough for me that it wasn't really a big deal.

I've listed some of the top teams nerz and i, kgb70 and i, and kgb97 and I have beaten. If they want they can deny it, doesn't change the fact that it still happened though.

I mean what top teams are there now? TD? SD? SD was a joke, me and nerz have beaten every combination of player they had. TD, I can't recall games where me and nerz beat them specifically, but I can where kgb97 and I beat wargasm and mage 3-1 or so . Which is pretty amazing considering how rusty we are and how obviously blatant mage is, and wargasm was pretty blatant too in some games we've watched but no proof so w/e .

You live in a fantasy world. You've never gone 3-1 vs myself and mage and you're probably the only person that has played war2 that thinks I hack.

Edit: You blow...and always have, bitch.

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:49 pm 
[24-7]Guan-Yu

quote:
I forgot I played a series vs guan-yu as well but I forget the outcome of that, i was doing stuff like oting with all cannons though so take it for what you will.

See? This is what you always do. First you kept telling me how bad I sucked, then after I kept challenging you, you finally agreed to play me in a series. You won the first game with the typical risky strat but quit when I adapted (scouted) and started winning.

You say you dont care about the game, you say you were so very fucking good, but somehow you cant win playing straight up war2. You and Nerzy may have had your little period when you were dominant. But guess what? The game is more than 10 years old. We all had our era's. I was number one with the fucking hehehe clan and later on with 24-7 when big teams like IN, DI, DT etc. were active. Do you ever hear me saying I was one of the best players ever? While I am proud of what I achieved as a (team)player, and not ashamed to admit that, I know I was never a player to claim elite status.

You will never get the respect you so desperately seem to want because you were never really good, you certainly aren't good now and you never will be. And you also seem to have forgotten the the cardinal rule of war2:

WHEN U GET RAPE U STFU

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Shotgun_

i remember beating guanyu 5-0 and him accusing me of hacking

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:52 pm