Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Links, reviews, previews, etc

10 stupid movie twists

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Axolotl

10 stupid movie twists

http://www.cracked.com/article_15621_10-most-asinine-movie-twist-endings.html
spoilers of course.

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MassiveAttack

totally agree on every one

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:30 am 
Fast Luck

I've only seen one of those movies heh. Identity should be on there.
Oh, and the Illusionist too.

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:13 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

the first thing i thought of when i saw the thread title was "high tension" and i'm glad that i was not disappointed. that planet of the apes twist is pretty bad too, but life of david gale definitely deserves #1. i don't think i've ever seen a dumber ending in my life.

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:15 pm 
GoldHP

quote:

the prestige should be on it too then.

Forget calling Jon a virgin, that would be too nice since he never even touched a girl + he is the biggest faggot ov all time.

Originally posted by EQ
im not really good in english but this song see like really wack..

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:48 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by GoldHP
quote:

except the prestige is fawking epic

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:55 pm 
GoldHP

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
quote:
quote:

except the prestige is fawking epic

honestly, yes. but we are talking about "dumb twists"

Forget calling Jon a virgin, that would be too nice since he never even touched a girl + he is the biggest faggot ov all time.

Originally posted by EQ

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:27 pm 
Fast Luck

the prestige's twist was nothing like the hackneyed twist in the illusionist. the illusionist's twist is basically a lot like all the twists on this last.

quote:

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:15 pm 
GoldHP

quote:
the prestige's twist was nothing like the hackneyed twist in the illusionist. the illusionist's twist is basically a lot like all the twists on this last.

the prestige was so far fetched in a down to earth movie that it was throwing off the theme of real. instantly.

Originally posted by EQ

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:16 pm 
Fast Luck

it wasn't that far-fetched for the movie, they were building up the amazing powers of nikolai tesla for quite awhile

on the other hand, the illusionist did the (spoilers) typical "omg the girl you thought was murdered wasnt really dead she was hiding out and waiting for her man!" which then gets a lot worse when you realize that hey, that means the bad guy who just fucking killed himself was innocent. and they didn't even pull a morality switch at all, like "oh ed norton and jessica biel were the evil ones!" nope, they were still the heroes even though they framed a guy and got him killed.

quote:

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:18 pm 
Swift

The Life of david gale was a good movie and the ending was hardly a twist considering it pretty much clued you to what was happening for the longest time.

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:49 pm 
GoldHP

quote:
it wasn't that far-fetched for the movie, they were building up the amazing powers of nikolai tesla for quite awhile

on the other hand, the illusionist did the (spoilers) typical "omg the girl you thought was murdered wasnt really dead she was hiding out and waiting for her man!" which then gets a lot worse when you realize that hey, that means the bad guy who just fucking killed himself was innocent. and they didn't even pull a morality switch at all, like "oh ed norton and jessica biel were the evil ones!" nope, they were still the heroes even though they framed a guy and got him killed.

if you listened, it was said he killed other women in the past, they just got him back. they also said, as long as he is alive they could not run away because he would kill them. then, he threatened her life when she said she was going to leave. so how can you even try to take that guy side.

I don't get it, they did not explain any of the tricks really, or did they, butterfly was string? orange tree was mechanics...?

the images were projected from a camera???? I don't get that crap really.

Originally posted by EQ

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:47 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
quote:

if you listened, it was said he killed other women in the past, they just got him back. they also said, as long as he is alive they could not run away because he would kill them. then, he threatened her life when she said she was going to leave. so how can you even try to take that guy side.

I don't get it, they did not explain any of the tricks really, or did they, butterfly was string? orange tree was mechanics...?

the images were projected from a camera???? I don't get that crap really.

they never explained how any of the illusions were done, which they sorta couldn't cuz most of them were physically impossible. major cop out at the end of the movie. they were goin with the "he gots powerz or he gots no powers?" angle the whole movie then at the end it was all an illusion, well yah w/e suckas

though i actually enjoyed watching the movie despite its shortcomings

lol goldhp u gay

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:50 pm 
Aerasal

oh yeah while i may have enjoyed watching the illusionist, i absolutely loved the prestige. so yah if you feel the need to mention that movie in this thread again, im probably going to have to stab you

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:51 pm 
GoldHP

quote:
oh yeah while i may have enjoyed watching the illusionist, i absolutely loved the prestige. so yah if you feel the need to mention that movie in this thread again, im probably going to have to stab you

it was a good movie to watch. I enjoyed watching the illusionist more than the prestige as it had more tricks that made you wonder. I think the sword trick was done with a magnet. and the illusions were probably done with tons of cameras set up in the place since he bought it and then you see him walking in there with a bunch of boxes. no idea though.

Originally posted by EQ

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:29 am 
Aerasal

quote:
quote:

it was a good movie to watch. I enjoyed watching the illusionist more than the prestige as it had more tricks that made you wonder. I think the sword trick was done with a magnet. and the illusions were probably done with tons of cameras set up in the place since he bought it and then you see him walking in there with a bunch of boxes. no idea though.

i believe the director did say in the director's commentary (didn't watch it, read on forum) that the sword trick was done with a magnet, but still, even if he did somehow elaborately set up a magnet in the floor or some shit, there's no way he could ever begin to get the sword to stand straight up like that. or have a magnet so strong you couldn't lift the sword off the ground

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:33 am 
Aerasal

quote:
quote:

iand the illusions were probably done with tons of cameras set up in the place since he bought it and then you see him walking in there with a bunch of boxes. no idea though.

o yea i wanna add about the illusions...yah i dunno. they really discount the possibility of them being projections or anything of the sort several times throughout the movie to imply their supernatural nature. a projection would obviously be noticeable shot across a room, but besides that, in the movie the projections walk around the room, an audience member waved their arm through one and it acted like a ghost or w/e (been a while since ive seen the movie), and a police guy shows the chief or w/e do0d a projection trying ti imitate norton's and it was all shitty.

so yah, they try to imply norton's got game, and then they show his bitch is still kickin and he gives the police dood his orange tree trick at the end of the movie, ignoring the rest of the illusions. so the orange tree book shows that norton wasn't a real wizard, just a guy with great tricks, and knowing that is whats supposed to be important. but how they just shrugged off all the crazy stuff norton did throughout the movie all the time implying they were supernatural was very dissatisfying

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:21 pm