FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Links, reviews, previews, etc

spinning lady illusion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Axolotl

spinning lady illusion

ignore the news article, it is crap and untrue.
The lady spinning is neat though, as you can make her go either way in your head http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22492511-5005375,00.html

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

She turns clockwise. I can't make her turn the other way. =/

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Eradicate

I'm kind of skeptical. Are you sure they don't fuck with you and have it go both ways sporadically?

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
GoldHP

Re: spinning lady illusion

quote:
Originally posted by Axolotl
ignore the news article, it is crap and untrue.
The lady spinning is neat though, as you can make her go either way in your head http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22492511-5005375,00.html
you lie, she only turns one way, wtf

Forget calling Jon a virgin, that would be too nice since he never even touched a girl + he is the biggest faggot ov all time.

Originally posted by EQ
im not really good in english but this song see like really wack..

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:22 pm 
SoCzNedoK

i can only see counter clockwise and her nipples

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Axolotl

Try this...cover the top half of the body so you only see the legs. And whichever way its going for you, imagine it the other way.

eg), when the leg is going 'behind', just think thats actually the front, and vice versa. Continue doing this as it moves from side to side

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
GoldHP

quote:
Originally posted by SoCzNedoK
i can only see counter clockwise and her nipples

no way, i only see clockwise

Forget calling Jon a virgin, that would be too nice since he never even touched a girl + he is the biggest faggot ov all time.

Originally posted by EQ

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:48 pm 
Kith-Kanin

Ok so after doing that I can make her go half turn counter clockwise and half turn clockwise, but it still doesn't work for a full turn counter clockwise. She gets half way and it seems too unnatural and brain won't accept it. =/

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:59 pm 
Kith-Kanin

Ok, if I look at her leg, then switch to her top half without looking at the leg as it gets to the halfway point I can do it. But if I look at her leg the entire time it's still half and half. Neat test.

I'm definetly right brain according to that test. She always reverts to clockwise for me if I don't try hard to get her to go counter clockwise.

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:02 pm 
Aerasal

i only see clockwise and i can't get anywhere close to begin seeing her go the other way

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:52 pm 
Aerasal

ooo booya shes going the other way now

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:53 pm 
Aerasal

its totally symmetrical so its easy to understand how she could be viewed goin both ways but it still takes a good staring to do it

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:55 pm 
Aerasal

this blows my mind

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:56 pm 
Aerasal

o wtf maybe its turning on its own

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:58 pm 
Aerasal

yea i think its changing on its own fuck this shit bitches

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:00 am 
Ywfn

It's not. I have a bunch of people over and they're all claiming it's turning in different directions. It turns clockwise most easily for me, but if I look at the monitor from the side, at an angle, I can easily make her turn counter-clockwise.

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:01 am 
Pimster

If I kinda stare without focus on the text left of the rotating image, and then blink, it can switch directions.
Also, if you save the gif and put 2 of them next to eachother they can turn different directions, weird stuff!

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:24 am 
Valkrie

really weird for me, It switches back and forth every now and then. I cant make it do one or the other.

Strange

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:41 pm 
fiftyfour40

quote:
Originally posted by Valkrie
really weird for me, It switches back and forth every now and then. I cant make it do one or the other.

Strange

sign of brain damage

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:48 pm 
Axolotl

So I've had a few people look at this and most people can't see it properly. One person sees it just arbitrarily switch back and forth as well.

I always see it as clockwise when I first look at it (which is why the article is garbage as I am definitely left brained), but I can switch it very easily just by thinking that the leg is sticking out is the opposite of what I see (front to back).

So if the leg sticking out is going behind her in my mind, I just think that its actually her front, and when she completes the 180 spin I think that the leg is now passing behind her. This quickly changes her 'spin' in my mind.

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:23 pm 
Yay

i saw it going counter for about 20 seconds last night. i cant get it to happen anymore. this shit sucks

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
GoldHP

i will smack myself if this bitch don't move counter-clockwise in the next 5 minutes.

Originally posted by EQ

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:34 pm 
Sypher

I can only see it go counter clockwise... I have been looking at this whore for about 5 minutes now and cant make her move the other way... wtf.

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:09 am 
Sypher

OH FUCK IT SWITCHED

edit: ok im talking to fast luck on AIM.. I figured out if my main "focus" is the IM box, it moves clockwise. If my main focus is on the chick then it moves counter-clockwise.

This is fucked up.

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:14 am 
Fast Luck

It moves clockwise (that's a fact).

Two frames, the first frame the foot is behind her, and the second frame it's further forward and out to the right. That's clockwise.

Ah, you say. But what if the first frame is actually her leg pointing forward and a little to the right, and the second frame is further to the right? That's counterclockwise!

I don't think so. Look at the direction her foot is pointing in the first image. Doesn't it have to be behind her?

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:43 am 
Pimster

Hehe, there's 2 ways to look at that foot. The way you see it, it's pointing away from the viewer. But you can also imagine that the same foot is pointing up a little more towards the viewer, with her heel on the ground.

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:46 am 
SoCzNedoK

i c her nipple

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
GenOciDe-

Try this

When she is spinning

Clockwise: The hand is leading the foot

Counter-clockwise: The foot is leading the hand

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:24 am 
Kith-Kanin

It works both ways. There's no point making an argument that it only spins one way. I can look at it NOW finally, and see it going both ways; however, when I first look at it she's always going clockwise. I showed it to my wife and she could only see clockwise and couldn't imagine how it would be counter-clockwise. It's a neat test.

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:07 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
It moves clockwise (that's a fact).

Two frames, the first frame the foot is behind her, and the second frame it's further forward and out to the right. That's clockwise.

Ah, you say. But what if the first frame is actually her leg pointing forward and a little to the right, and the second frame is further to the right? That's counterclockwise!

I don't think so. Look at the direction her foot is pointing in the first image. Doesn't it have to be behind her?

its movement is uniform though, so that foot bulges out and then bulges back in and switches from side to side. so yes, the foot is farther out in the second frame giving you the illusion the lady is turning right, (if thats how you are looking at it) however, after the foot goes all the way out, it goes back in uniformly. so after the right frame happens, the foot will move back in and look like the left frame again which could make her look like she's spinning anti clockwise all depending how you look at it.

edit: basically what i just said but a little clearer: her movement goes from frame 1, to 2, and then back to 1 before her leg and foot begins to bulge to the left. and in frame 1, she could be facing forward or backward, depending on how you perceive it. so if you begin to look at her at frame 2 and she moves to frame 1, she could appear to be going anti clockwise.

edit 2: eh maybe im completely wrong. after looking at it again the foot does seem to appear different when its in front or back. this thing bugs me.

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:54 pm