FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Links, reviews, previews, etc

77 arrested in email scams

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Axolotl

77 arrested in email scams

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fake_checks;_ylt=AmMdu22iUs_xCQKXFR0W8eYDW7oF

There are a bunch of websitse there are dedicated to giving scammers the run around.

http://www.419eater.com/
http://www.scamorama.com/

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
kublikhan

Damn Ameritrade got hacked. For 7 years I never received a single spam on my work account. A few days after I sign up with Ameritrade my account gets flooded :/
http://phishingscams.myofb.net/2007/09/td-ameritrade-email-privacy-leak.html

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:39 pm 
GoldHP

quote:
Originally posted by kublikhan
Damn Ameritrade got hacked. For 7 years I never received a single spam on my work account. A few days after I sign up with Ameritrade my account gets flooded :/
http://phishingscams.myofb.net/2007/09/td-ameritrade-email-privacy-leak.html

besides that, how is amertriade, i heard some ight things. etrade or ameritrade. what to do.

Forget calling Jon a virgin, that would be too nice since he never even touched a girl + he is the biggest faggot ov all time.

Originally posted by EQ
im not really good in english but this song see like really wack..

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:20 pm 
kublikhan

Other than the email problem, I have not had any problems with Ameritrade. Trades are cheap, trade triggers worked great, and I had no problems closing my account. Some brokerages make it exceedingly difficult to close accounts. I closed mine for a few months when I stopped day trading, then opened it up later when I started investing again. Customer service was great as well.

The only other thing I would complain about is the pittance they pay you for the cash balance on your account, and the sky high interest they charge for margin balances. If you have under $10,000 in cash, you get .05% interest!! What a joke. Compare that to the 9.75%(9.25 after the fed rate cut) interest they charge for a margin balance. Rates on Etrade's margin account and cash balance accounts are not any better though so don't let that sway your decision. I would avoid margin trading and keeping large amounts of cash in your account though. Much better ways to borrow money and store your cash. ING checking account currently pays 4.5%.

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:03 pm 
GoldHP

quote:
Originally posted by kublikhan
Other than the email problem, I have not had any problems with Ameritrade. Trades are cheap, trade triggers worked great, and I had no problems closing my account. Some brokerages make it exceedingly difficult to close accounts. I closed mine for a few months when I stopped day trading, then opened it up later when I started investing again. Customer service was great as well.

The only other thing I would complain about is the pittance they pay you for the cash balance on your account, and the sky high interest they charge for margin balances. If you have under $10,000 in cash, you get .05% interest!! What a joke. Compare that to the 9.75%(9.25 after the fed rate cut) interest they charge for a margin balance. Rates on Etrade's margin account and cash balance accounts are not any better though so don't let that sway your decision. I would avoid margin trading and keeping large amounts of cash in your account though. Much better ways to borrow money and store your cash. ING checking account currently pays 4.5%.

I want to get into all that. I have been saving money and I have enough to day trade, but I feel like if I get into investing and the stock market I will turn into a fat out of shape mofo because I know it will consume my whole life and even when the day is over I will be looking for the next stock to buy.

What do you think of people that bought google, they are getting a pretty nice pay now, it looks like.

Forget calling Jon a virgin, that would be too nice since he never even touched a girl + he is the biggest faggot ov all time.

Originally posted by EQ
im not really good in english but this song see like really wack..

Post Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:09 pm