FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Links, reviews, previews, etc

Mr Brooks (2007)

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
fiftyfour40

Mr Brooks (2007)

imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/
trailer: http://www.alltrailers.net/mr-brooks.html

Synopsis: Consider Mr. Brooks. A successful businessman. A generous philanthropist. A loving father and devoted husband. Seemingly, he's perfect. But Mr. Brooks has a secret -- he is an insatiable serial killer, so lethally clever that no one has ever suspected him -- until now.

Earl Brooks (Kevin Costner) is a man who has managed to keep his two incompatible worlds from intersecting by controlling his cunning, wicked alter ego Marshall (William Hurt). But now, as Mr. Brooks succumbs to one last murderous urge, an amateur photographer (Dane Cook) witnesses the crime. Suddenly Brooks finds himself entangled in the dark agenda of an opportunistic bystander, as well as hunted by the unorthodox and tenacious detective Tracy Atwood (Demi Moore). Can Mr. Brooks outsmart his adversaries and conceal his shocking double life from his wife (Marg Helgenberger) and daughter (Danielle Panabaker) or will someone expose his crimes and his identity once and for all?

Review:
The movie is so well made, and so compelling as a portrait of a man at war with himself, that, right up until the end, many people will probably be entertained by its intricately preposterous story.

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:47 pm 
Pimster

Re: Mr Brooks (2007)

quote:
Originally posted by fiftyfour40

imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780571/
trailer: http://www.alltrailers.net/mr-brooks.html

Synopsis: Consider Mr. Brooks. A successful businessman. A generous philanthropist. A loving father and devoted husband. Seemingly, he's perfect. But Mr. Brooks has a secret -- he is an insatiable serial killer, so lethally clever that no one has ever suspected him -- until now.

Earl Brooks (Kevin Costner) is a man who has managed to keep his two incompatible worlds from intersecting by controlling his cunning, wicked alter ego Marshall (William Hurt). But now, as Mr. Brooks succumbs to one last murderous urge, an amateur photographer (Dane Cook) witnesses the crime. Suddenly Brooks finds himself entangled in the dark agenda of an opportunistic bystander, as well as hunted by the unorthodox and tenacious detective Tracy Atwood (Demi Moore). Can Mr. Brooks outsmart his adversaries and conceal his shocking double life from his wife (Marg Helgenberger) and daughter (Danielle Panabaker) or will someone expose his crimes and his identity once and for all?

Review:
The movie is so well made, and so compelling as a portrait of a man at war with himself, that, right up until the end, many people will probably be entertained by its intricately preposterous story.

Is this supposed to be a copy & paste forum?
None of these texts are written by yourself.

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
fiftyfour40

quote:
Originally posted by Pimster

don't post in my thread. continue on with your pball games with guan-yu.

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:54 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pimster

don't post in my thread. continue on with your pball games with guan-yu.

This isn't suppose to be a copy and paste forum. Everyone can go to IMDB and get this info. Its suppose to be based on your own opinions. Thats all, and there's your clarification.

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
fiftyfour40

whats that have to do with my review? i wrote it, dumb faggot.

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:54 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
whats that have to do with my review? i wrote it, dumb faggot.

I will ban you from this review forum if you continue to act like this.

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:05 pm 
SoCxHoP

act like what? you guys are accusing him of copy/pasting his review but he wrote it. all he did was say that he wrote it.

edit: if you google the review it comes up as #1 with 100% match. i still don't see anything even remotely close to deserving of a ban on jon's behalf.

quote:
"The movie is so well made, and so compelling as a portrait of a man at war with himself, that, right up until the end, many people will probably be entertained by its intricately preposterous story."

New Yorker -- David Den

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:45 pm 
GoldHP

one question, did his daughter really kill that guy. I am going to say yes. what is your opinion?

Forget calling Jon a virgin, that would be too nice since he never even touched a girl + he is the biggest faggot ov all time.

Originally posted by EQ
im not really good in english but this song see like really wack..

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:25 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by GoldHP
one question, did his daughter really kill that guy. I am going to say yes. what is your opinion?

unmarked spoilers; ban this fucker for life

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:43 pm 
foonat

wow i hate you goldhp

Post Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:53 am 
GoldHP

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
wow i hate you goldhp

actually, that is not a big part of the movie to be crying about. and you will want to know HOW and why I would say that actually.

so there is no spoiler. trust me.

Forget calling Jon a virgin, that would be too nice since he never even touched a girl + he is the biggest faggot ov all time.

Originally posted by EQ
im not really good in english but this song see like really wack..

Post Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:33 pm