FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Moderated General Discussion

Top War2 players ever
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Pimster

Top War2 players ever

attention, for the lazy readers, this list is not finished, it will be constantly updated

I've always wanted to compose a list of best players ever, but never felt the need to get started because it was too much work and I would also probably forget people.

Until today, where I just figured out I'd start a post. Depending on my time I will constantly edit this post and add new players and texts to this list, so it will hopefully, one day, be a good reflection of my opinion about which people were the best. Yes, it's my opinion and it's based on over 10 years of continuous activity on the highest level among the best players around, I don't think there's many people who can say the same. If you have complaints or suggestions, please leave your comments. This is my point of view, if you don't agree with it, then that's perfectly normal. You've had different experiences than me, maybe you started playing earlier, whatever.. Make your own list if you don't agree.

Please keep in mind there are a lot of variables that determine war2 skill. I will probably add them later.

I will divide them in 3 tiers.
Most players will not be ranked yet and are placed NEXT to eachother. If players are above other players then they are better. I might make a ranking sometime.

Note: this list is based on skills displayed by the players in their prime, on their talent, I don't care if the game evolved, these players would've evolved with it.

So here goes:
TIER DIVINE (j/k)
GanztheLegend , Turtleman

TIER 1: The best of the best. Most of you will feel miserable after having faced them in a game.

Ash, Scrubbo, KinghillBilly, Tillerman, Stalin, Dethwlkr@DT, Valkrie, Azteca, mcaDDer, Swift, Viruz

TIER 2: VERY VERY GOOD PLAYERS. Just lacking 1 or 2 qualities to make TIER 1.

INcinerate, Ywfn, Axolotl, Hornet, Darkangel, Boozecans, KingMage, Kanuks, Its_hot_in_herr, Yahmon,

TIER 3: VERY GOOD PLAYERS. They might they feel belong in TIER 2.

Kith-Kanin, Buzzbomb, ut, Archangel, Stalker@DT, Agent911, Tarquinn, Gadianton, Nexus, Panda, Yauyau, Jitter, Nerzyman, Krib, Braviet

New category: People I know were godly but haven't played enough to give them the right tier. (I should only judge on what I really can support, so they belong in Tier 1, 2 or 3)
~Warbringer, ~Warangel;.~, ~Creed;.~,, ThantalaS, Quasar, NauticaX (not Nauticals)

Some answers/comments to comments to this thread:
Ywfn: It's mostly A.
Nalzy: KGB97... Never left any impression on me, you're the only one who speaks so highly of him. Maybe I didn't play him much or maybe he just sucked when I played him. I can only judge on my own experiences, sorry Smile
Ash: I disregard hacking completely, I'm leaving morals out of this list, this is just plain war2 skill judgement. Pbuck is not mcadder, they were both Greek though

Last edited by Pimster on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:14 pm; edited 23 times in total

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Paper_Boy

Asside from this being the most incomplete list i've ever seen. I'll just point out ur mistakes... Kith needs to be bumped up to 1-2 depending how active he is at the time.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
fiftyfour40

this list is invalid

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:30 pm 
Pimster

It's not even funny how dumb your remark is. I added an extra line in bold on top for the lazy readers and you still fail to notice it

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
fiftyfour40

sure these players were good

back in 98

get with the times faggot

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:31 pm 
turtleman@can

I was better than all of them in my prime. You need to make a new Tier,
the only Tier that matters.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:42 pm 
Paper_Boy

Pimster once again your stupidity knows no Bounds...

"If you have complaints or suggestions, please leave your comments. "

Maybe you should've read the bottom of what you wrote...
And how can you call it a work in progress with no progress so far? You' havent corrected your post yet...I doubt ne1 would agree with that specific classification... I dont really give a shit personally, its just funny
how you dont catch that was a valid remark. Dutch people aren't used to criticism.. Thats Y they censor the shit out of all the dirty Arabs there...(Not that im against that there)

1st of all your not even qualified to make a top anything list. You weren't even a top war2 player... Nor were you active enough to see all the rising stars or certain players in their prime or decline.. You logg on get raped 5 times in a row with Watje then logg off.... I think eur0 has a openning.
You would fit in well
`pimster[eur0]

A list from your limited experience is pretty much garbage so far. I dont even see Azteca on the list ... Looks like hornet was the only 24-7 member ot make the cut.... Does that mean you think guan-yu is garbage?? Your clan is still spiraling down, recruiting hackers into it was your lowest point. YOUR GOING DOWN MAN

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Pimster

Im editing the list as I go fucking moron, haha.
Ofcourse there's tons of players that aren't in there yet, I just started and I have to start somewhere. Don't forget Stalin and me founded 247, oops guess who's tier 1?
Lay off the dope

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:46 pm 
fiftyfour40

i nominate paperboy with having the worst 3 hall ever, gg.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:48 pm 
Paper_Boy

haha this is why I cant play right now, 90lb weaklings thinking they're the man cuz I get Pop UPs...We'll c how tuff U r When I get this shit Fixed.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:51 pm 
Picka_materina

Hillarious list.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:41 pm 
Scrub

This list is stupid.

Nerzyman needs to get bumped up to Tier 1.

Its_Hot_In_Herr needs to be removed from the list.

Scrubbo needs to get bumped down one and so does KingMage.

ArchAngel was better then DarkAngel, bump him up to Tier 2.

yauyau and Jitter need to be removed from the lists they are hacking trash.

If you're going to put Mcadder in the Tier 1 then you need to put Tanthalas up there also.

LynchMob, Metal, yah`mon and Die~Player need to be added and they go on the Tier 3 list.

INcin needs to be moved up to Tier 1.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:42 pm 
fiftyfour40

Maybe he should have bolded the part where he said its his opinion.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:00 pm 
turtleman@can

*cough* I still don't see my name there *cough*

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:23 pm 
Paper_Boy

scrubbo is soundly fine where he is... Good job getting yau Jitta and Nex how quickly some people forget and over look them... They definetly knew how to clap back

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:30 pm 
Fast Luck

How about the current era? Viruz and Swift are the two best players now. They should without doubt me at least tier 2. No offense to Archangel, but unless he had some heydey during which he was much better than he has been any time I saw him play in the last 3 years, he's not in Viruz/Swift's league.

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:57 pm 
bam

I didn't see my name either... ::sniff sniff::

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
foonat

swift is so good he can't do better than 33% against me and the games i have on my name are all i've played since last november

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:09 pm 
Scrub

The most appropriate way to do a list like this is to do it by year. So 10 years or so, 10 different lists. Doing this would be really hard though.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:10 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
swift is so good he can't do better than 33% against me and the games i have on my name are all i've played since last november
Try playing a series with him, more than 1 or 2 games, and see how it goes. I noticed in the tourney you also beat Ririarir and Lux, that's pretty good.
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Last edited by Fast Luck on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:24 pm 
Sypher

i def think incin should be tier 1. He is such a consistent solid player, and in his prime he raped.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:28 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by Scrub
The most appropriate way to do a list like this is to do it by year. So 10 years or so, 10 different lists. Doing this would be really hard though.

or do it by era..

DOS VLan days

Bnet Days

nobody cares about the game anymore days

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:29 pm 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
quote:
Originally posted by foonat
Try playing a series with him, more than 1 or 2 games, and see how it goes. I noticed in the tourney you also beat Ririarir and Lux, that's pretty good.

we played 3 games yesterday, it went 2-1 in my favor

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:46 pm 
Swift

To this list, dont fucking put die~player or any other fastest player on that list unless you're ranking there ef skills, cuz if it was fastest, player would be tier 1 like many others. So if you want make two lists, ef/f. Otherwise leave F out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd foonat, lets describe our last 5 games and get it clear.

game 1: Me 9/11 dual, you cat from 12 fail and i destroy you.

game 2: Me 2 you 12, you're still on your smurf name i underestimate you from the previous game so i rush out early to hit instead staying safe and you fucked me up.

game 3: me 5 you 9/11 i try cannoning your dual out of lack of respect for your skills, then i counter dual and you get me out pretty quickly

game 4: me 4 you 6: you try doing some hoping shit to get in 4 while rushing and get confused and i had to explain that you cant build a rax over a peon, i win late game with 1 strike.

game 5: im s9 you 12, i go fast dks and then late lust and i still almost beat u, it was very very close. Pathetic.

You had the advantage by one game and thats the one you got ahead in, not to mention you smurfed me two of those games. Why dont you step up to the plate and play me a bo11.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:03 pm 
Ywfn

A lot of this depends on how you define ability over time. I'll use myself as an example.

Is it:

A) Person A in their prime vs Person B in their prime <--- This would decrease my stock tremendously.

B) The average of how a person compared with the competition over time <--- This would increase my stock tremendously.

C) How much a person dominated during their most dominant period <--- This would probably leave me about where I am.

I also think there needs to be some clarification on versatility. Is it weighed heavily or only slightly. Personally I rank versatility high, but if you're looking for feedback, it should be clear.

You should also be clear on whether this is strictly 1vs1 play, or both teams and singles combined. I'm pretty sure you aren't just looking at team skill by your rankings.

I'd rate myself Tier 3 using condition A), Tier 1 using condition B), and Tier 2 using condition C). So it definitely makes a difference.

As for the list, assuming you're using sort of an average of the criteria I listed above, I'd make the following changes:

Incinerate: Tier 1
Nerzyman: Tier 1
Hot: Tier 3
Tarquinn: Tier 2 (Warning, personal bias here)
Kith: Tier 2

All in all though, I think you're list is fairly solid. I definitely can see the ranges you're going for.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:18 pm 
Sex@BoNeR

I know it's a personal opinion, but I'm pretty sure even Pimster doesn't believe its_hot_in_herr could beat ArchAngel in a series.
Life's not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch because she won't let you get that pussy. Maybe she didn't feel ya'll shared any similar interests or maybe you're just an asshole who couldn't sweet talk the princess...

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Swift

anyone can beat arch.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:36 pm 
Paper_Boy

"nobody cares about the game anymore days"

Well everyone who posted in this thread seems to care. Typical talk from a scrub who never amounted to much... Prolly because you will never be remembered...500 Years from now when people utter the name Pimster, they will remember greatness. When they hear Sypher they will remember Cofee Cakes

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:39 pm 
ArchAngel

being anywhere on those 3 lists is in great company.

nice post pim

(personal opinion, both nerzy and INcinerate should be tier 1, know it would be a bit biased to add yourself, but you should be on there as well Pim somewhere)

Last edited by ArchAngel on Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
ArchAngel

quote:
Originally posted by Scrub
This list is stupid.

Nerzyman needs to get bumped up to Tier 1.

Its_Hot_In_Herr needs to be removed from the list.

Scrubbo needs to get bumped down one and so does KingMage.

ArchAngel was better then DarkAngel, bump him up to Tier 2.

yauyau and Jitter need to be removed from the lists they are hacking trash.

If you're going to put Mcadder in the Tier 1 then you need to put Tanthalas up there also.

LynchMob, Metal, yah`mon and Die~Player need to be added and they go on the Tier 3 list.

INcin needs to be moved up to Tier 1.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote