FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Guitar Tabs

mxtabs.net back online

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Axolotl

mxtabs.net back online

Hurrah!

edit Feb 07 -- the bitches took the tabs down again.

Last edited by Axolotl on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:35 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SoCxHoP

cheers!

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:04 am 
Paper_Boy

I heard reading sheet music is better then tab if you learn more then 2 songs its less work. I have a guitar but I havent decided which way works best yet.

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
SoCxHoP

sheet music is better. you can emphasize things on sheet music that you can't on tabs, but sheet music is next to impossible to find free and it's even harder to find what you want. the downsides to tabs is limited accuracy. if you have a good ear you can correct mistakes on your own though. i use both ways... tabs are just more convenient.

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:02 pm 
-667-

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxHoP
sheet music is better. you can emphasize things on sheet music that you can't on tabs, but sheet music is next to impossible to find free and it's even harder to find what you want. the downsides to tabs is limited accuracy. if you have a good ear you can correct mistakes on your own though. i use both ways... tabs are just more convenient.

The only benefit I see in standard notation is, that it's a universal language for all "melodic" instruments.

Tabs are easier to read, and if you need emphasizing on tabs on parts you want to play, I don't think you should be playing it in the first place. Meaning, if you can't get the feel of things without a pointy finger telling you what feel it is, don't bother Smile
I play by ear these days, and fucking accurately too. It's kind of hard to hear and understand Bm7b5 and other concoctions that are hard to decipher straight off the bat.

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:37 am 
SoCxHoP

oh if i need a lil boost of assistance i go straight to tab, don't get me wrong. but i play piano and harmonica as well as guitar so i like the sheet music because it's easy to transfer between instruments. it's got far more downsides though. it's almost obsolete, you have to learn a whole new language, its hard to find what you need quickly and free of charge. trust me, i cast my vote for tabs.

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:59 am 
Valkrie

tabs are not easier to read. they are grossly inadequate. Learn to read music well and you will know what I mean.

Post Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:00 pm 
-667-

quote:
Originally posted by Valkrie
tabs are not easier to read. they are grossly inadequate. Learn to read music well and you will know what I mean.

Learn to read standard notation, so you'll have a fun time learning ...well, pretty much nothing unless you buy books.

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:04 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by Valkrie
tabs are not easier to read . they are grossly inadequate. Learn to read music well and you will know what I mean.

What? Tabulature is extremely easy to learn. I learned just by seeing the G chord tabbed out. It was quite simple after that to learn slides, pull-offs etc. Most of it is easily corrected by ear if there are any mistakes.

Musical notation is a pain in the ass to learn. I had to learn trumpet in 6th grade music class, and it was far more difficult than reading a tab and hearing the song once and correcting.

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Pimster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71sVasXsuoM

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Axolotl

Wow, pretty cool.

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote