FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

2 Halls in one base.. Good or waste?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mackman

2 Halls in one base.. Good or waste?

I was messing around in a game and I had 2 halls in one base.. at 11 in a 3v3. I had a pard at 9 and 12, and were both rushing, so I was untouched. I got to lust incredibly fast. In that scenerio it worked, but I always heard it was a waste. Any thoughts?

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:39 am 
Strapping Young Lad

I did it before, I owned it up, but I'm very skilled I don't even need a hall

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:12 am 
KaNuKs

Seriously, its a waste unless the mine has 75k or more. On a 60 or 65k mine, once the mine pop you will have spent like 15k only on peons and thats way too much to mine only 60k. A one hall lust gets lust faster and if u keep pumping peons a lil after reaching fort, you will be able to afford as many raxes as an inside dual can.

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:08 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

You can always move those peons to another mine, so its not really a waste, but I don't think that this is a particularly good strat to use, I would rather just power.

Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:12 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

Haha I remember watching a game long ago back when I was learning old/ef

Chay@Stoned vs Bizatch.

Chay was @ 11 and Bizatch @ 4

Chay did the 2 hall in one base strat and got air r0flfaofm i think he ended up losing

Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:18 pm 
KaNuKs

quote:
Originally posted by GaNzTheLegend
You can always move those peons to another mine, so its not really a waste, but I don't think that this is a particularly good strat to use, I would rather just power.

Yea but since peoples usually pull the inside dual at 11, its very hard to expand. 12 is the most scouted spot of the map while 9 can get dked extremely easily.

OH also, what i rly dislike about it is that if u pumped too much peons, you will reach lust and have only 5-10k remaining in the mine, which mean you will fight for a min with lust and then will already have to expand. At this state of the game, both players have lust and hit each other. You having to pull 20 peons out of 11 requires a lot of microing time and they can all die on the way to the expand.

Post Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:55 pm 
unbeatable0

dont listen to that newbie

kanucks 1on1 me my rules or dodge??? LOL

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:55 am 
KaNuKs

1v1 anytime if you can guarantee me i wont fall asleep while beating the crap out of you.

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:09 am 
unbeatable0

my rules or dodge/???

""

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:14 am 
unbeatable0

gg 1-0 n00b

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:18 am 
KaNuKs

noce dodge newbie.

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:04 pm 
BuLLeT[eG]

Lol j0n- posts here like hes good. I owned him on ef a few days ago, fort to hall and i dont play ef. lawl

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:35 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

i wasnt even playing a few days ago you retard ass faggot, and by the sounds of that "lawl" you're the newbie tyrus who ive owned countless times in the past including an memorable ownage off the IGL ladder system.. good times

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:10 pm 
BuLLeT[eG]

When I say a few dasy ago i mean anywhere from now to 2 weeks back nooob go aslk redvill he watch my bend you over newb. get good pls i dont evcen play ef except on the side a lil bit

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:49 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

what is that shit, can barely understand your retard ass. stfu newbie you fucking blow

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:33 pm 
BuLLeT[eG]

Yes i know your too dumb to userstand me. It doesn't matter when I owned you, fact is, is that I owned you forting to hall on ef, a map dont play. So therefore YOU blow and not me. Get good before you come here acting like your somthing.

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:39 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

you're mentally retarded like skechers or ganz

Post Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:59 pm 
SoCxHoP

quote:
Originally posted by BuLLeT[eG]
Yes i know your too dumb to userstand me. It doesn't matter when I owned you, fact is, is that I owned you forting to hall on ef, a map dont play. So therefore YOU blow and not me. Get good before you come here acting like your somthing.

ef is a speed, not a map.

Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:40 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxHoP
quote:
Originally posted by BuLLeT[eG]

ef is a speed, not a map.

lmao

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:20 am 
Falkentyne

quote:
Originally posted by GaNzTheLegend

Ganz, you don't even need a hall for you to beat someone Rolling Eyes

And 2 halling in 1 base is usually not adviseable in a 1v1. The only place where it makes sense is at 11, because you can hall on the outside and it makes you safer due to the easier repair space, but you have to manage your peons VERY very carefully. If you aren't careful, you can find your mine completely blown faster than you think and your 40 peons tripping all over each other as you struggle to expand while trying to attack something.

It's better to just dual UNLESS you have very good peon resource management, then you can get away with it.

Post Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:55 pm 
BanMe

I'd say a behind 6 dual is better than dual halling at 11.

Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:46 pm 
BuLLeT[eG]

No shit Hop, ef if often refered to as the sets old gow ef. Dont be a smartass. As for you j0n-... 2-0 and you continue to dodge pls son

Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:24 pm 
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
I'd say a behind 6 dual is better than dual halling at 11.

I agree. I used to dual behind 6 on zone when it was still relatively inexpected, and I had pretty damn good results, particularly if someone was at 4 or 5.

2 halling inside 11 is only reasonable if you are a very good player...but in the case of being a good player, you can pretty much do anything with success.

On BNE/F dualing inside 12 is effective because you really have a 90k mine with s12. But again, if you arent a good player its pointless.

Post Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Strapping Young Lad

Bullet shut the fuck up retard newbie

Post Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:40 pm 
BuLLeT[eG]

Yeah ok j0n- whatever. keep talking shit and getting owned thats cool.

Post Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:48 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

you're a fucking newbie haha, who are you fucking noname clown. coming to the forums with your broken english thinking you're actually a decent player ahahah

Post Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:41 pm 
BuLLeT[eG]

quote:
Originally posted by Strapping Young Lad
you're a fucking newbie haha, who are you fucking noname clown. coming to the forums with your broken english thinking you're actually a decent player ahahah

j0n- is so cute. Get a life dude, you talk so much crap on these forums, with the opposite skill.

gG no0b

Post Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:50 pm 
BuLLeT[eG]

quote:
Originally posted by Strapping Young Lad

And please j0n-. I own you so hard it does't matter how broken my english is.

Post Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:59 pm 
KaNuKs

Well i think dualing behind 6 isnt very good at all. I always scout the back of 6. If he takes it after i scouted it, then i will see the chops and notice the dual. At this time, the game is already won because i mill, pull 3-4 peons and rep another hall while forcing him to get defense at both his base. I eventually win with lust and by a large margin.

This dual can be tried inside a long serie. If you rushed like 3-4 games in a row then u can try it. Maybe the opponent will forget about that somewhat risky dual. But still, everyone scouts 6 at least once before reaching hold...

It may be good if lets say, you are at 11. Scout with first peon 9 s9 and then starts a hall at the back of 6. At 11, do a normal rushing setup and hope for the opponent to scout 11 before 6. If he does, he will see your grunts and think you are rushing. Once he scouted 11 and hes convinced that you rush, wall 11 and power. Mine 11 like crazy with barely no choppers. Chop at 6 instead. At best, you should have all your choppers at 6. But once 6's mine is cleared and that u can mine it. Do a massive peon switch : Stop completely chopping at 6 and mine with all peons and pull all the choppers you need off the mine at 11. That way, you wont have 11's mine gone by the time you just started mining at 6. So you will have 2 mines running at same time for a long while, which is better than mine 11 like crazy and pop the mine, struggle to find a way to get all the peons out and take an expand while barely mining 6.

Also, this is better against dks, if you dont mine 6 hard enough when u can, you will get fuked rly hard once sum1 dk 6 and that 11 is already gone. By pulling peons out of 11 to chops and sending all choppers to mine 6, you will have a good gold flow even if you get dked, having another mine to gather ressources from.

This is the best way to try this dual. Remember that the key not to have 6 scouted is to make the opponenent thinks that you rush by scouting your main BEFORE 6 o clock. Thats the part that relys on random and thats why i dont like this dual. But once u have the opponent believing into your rush, chances are small for him to scout 6 so you almost already won the game, if you are good at dualing of course.

Post Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:35 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

fucking faggot calling me cute, yea i knew you wanted my cock motherfucking fairy

Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:47 pm