FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Free Castle Screen Caps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
KaNuKs

Re: hey

Jigga, that was a joke, scrub. Cant keep yourself from showing up and act like an ass?

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:03 pm 
x-DW-x)BuRnt(

quote:
Originally posted by xAkroN
Is this on east or west?

West

http://www.facebook.com/burnt.dw
http://www.youtube.com/war2combat
http://www.server.war2.ru

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
xAkroN

quote:
Originally posted by x-DW-x)BuRnt(
quote:
Is this on east or west?

West

Ew. The best Free players were on East.

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:16 am 
x-DW-x)BuRnt(

quote:
quote:
quote:
Is this on east or west?

West

Ew. The best Free players were on East.

Are you asking me what channel that screen cap was in? If so the West. Also the Free Players pretty much go back and forth now on East and West looking for a game they dont hang out in one server anymore. Cept the DW ones.

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:57 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
GaNzTheLegend

21 noobs in that channel, nice ss

Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:19 am 
x-DW-x)BuRnt(

quote:
Originally posted by GaNzTheLegend
21 noobs in that channel, nice ss

Um no

Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:55 pm 
~Galaxy

In context to the original discussion of this topic...I played that Free Castles map. It's interesting and amusing..not as boring or stupid as someone would think..but it hurts my fingers to click 'K' or 'B' so many times..so the times i'd play them is rare.

-A galaxy is just a group of stars. Im not on Orions Belt-

Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
SoCxHoP

quote:
Like I said, try playing me in these maps a few hundred times. Then tell me there are no such thing as pros in it.

bump

Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:07 am 
Axolotl

Time for another rant...

Bleh, too much hate on a map you've never played. (and if you HAVE played, you played some scrubs)

First of all, I played BNE maps for months and months before I even heard of free castles. I also played BGH for some time as it was popular back then.

Yes, it takes skill to play these maps. If I played these maps a handful of times (the same way you play our free maps), I'd still be able to beat some scrubs! Amazing! Obviously if I played a pro with those meager skills I would have a 0% chance of winning. The same is true with free castles.

I'm not saying you can't become a pro, but I'm telling you that it's impossible to master free castles without serious practice and great strategy.

214/007 and the few variations of 007 are the only real free castles maps. Some people don't even play 007 because of the range and lack of tunneling. 214 is definitely more strategic than 007. (sappers, ballistas, and towers come into play)

Anything you can build griffons/dragons is newb. It takes out all the strategy of free maps.

Note: Macros have become widespread, overall this decreases the skill level and speed of a person. Play the same mac'er legit and you'll usually find they are pathetic when playing legit. It's very simple to discover a blatant mac'er as they pump units at godly rates. Some people use a really slow mac, or burst mac to make it seem like they don't, but an experienced player can pick up on it. Basically, if they are mac'ing you'll know, if they trying to hide their mac'ing, they'll be pumping so slow you beat them. In any case, watch for people with consistently high unit counts, little maging, and low building counts.

You have a 0% of beating a real pro at free castles. Play a game, play 10 games, play 1000 games, play as many as you like and I will guarantee at the end I will still beat you.

There is only 1 flaw in free maps (214/007). This flaw can be found in all war2 maps, but it becomes very hindering on a free map. The flaw is that anyone playing from top has an advantage over someone playing from the bottom (right has advantage over left also). This is because of the way that units come out of buildings (they always come out counter-clockwise starting from the top left highest square of the building). It's not impossible to win from bottom/left though, you simply need to change your strategy (i won't tell you what things to do, you need to figure that out on your own!).

I guess what I'm trying to tell you (but you most likely won't care to understand) is that free castles takes skills not much different from BNE maps. Speed is obviously necessary, but you have to realize that if everyone is as fast as you (as pros are), then what gives you an advantage? Building placement, maging, unit blocking, focus firing, in short - strategy. Even endurance comes into play, as closely-matched opponents can fight for hours. You need a synergy of all these skills, as I've said in other posts, these things must happen SIMULTANEOUSLY . /rant

Some people will just never get it, but I'll spread the info anyway.

-Auri

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:21 am 
SoCxHoP

yeh yeh you can smack your keyboard fast. what strategy do you use if somebody bursts in and rapes your goldflow? you don't have goldflow? you don't have resources? how is this warcraft 2 then? i'm really good at checkers but i don't try and pass that off as warcraft 2.

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:10 pm 
Axolotl

quote:
how is this warcraft 2 then? i'm really good at checkers but i don't try and pass that off as warcraft 2.

Umm, maybe I missed something. Free Castles is just another custom map... just like BGH or Paintball maps. Are you saying custom maps aren't really Warcraft II? I'm too confused to be offended.

quote:
yeh yeh you can smack your keyboard fast.

*sigh* I spent 15 minutes typing up a response to that EXACT mentality... and you just throw it right back at me. :/

If you dislike a map, fine. But if you're going to tell me it requires no skill to play that map (which you haven't really played, wtf?), at LEAST give a good reason why.

Bad reasons to hate Free Castles:
1. omg, evrythng is free? wtf! no resources or build times? but mining gold and chopping lumber is LEET FOOL!

2. wtfbbq i have to click rly fast, no 1 can click that fast!~ LIES!!

3. zz, u just clik rly fast n win, 2 easy. i only lose cus i dun play it alot like some nubs i know lol!!1

4. lol!11 takes no skill. so what if i lose to u evry game we play? NO SKILL I SAID OK?

All I've heard from anti-free people is a combination of those things. I've already explained why none of those things are true. Throw something else at me or go download 214 Smile

-Auri

edit:
quote:
what strategy do you use if somebody bursts in and rapes your goldflow?

just to give you a look at what i'm thinking during a game...

What strategy do you use after you win/lose 2v2 mid? Do you tunnel? Do you push through mid? Does 1 mid and 1 tunnel? What strategy do you use if someone invis's into your base? Do you fight it out or rebuild elsewhere? How do you fight on two fronts? How do you defend/attack an area that spans multiple screens? What strategy do you use again someone who is out building you? Do you tower and bally? Mage? Do you have room to build there? How do you maximize mage efficiency, tower efficiency, how do you build so units come out in the right direction? How do you build without trapping units? How do you get a peasant to build in the thick of battle? How do you keep your mages from being killed off before you multicast? Should you mage a rax? Mage a rax and pallys/ballys? Mage near their hall so they can't get peasants out? Mage their mages?! Essentially, what can I do to give me an advantage, or what can I do to distract/delay/confuse my opponent and come out on top?

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:06 am 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by Auricane
What strategy do you use after you win/lose 2v2 mid? Do you tunnel? Do you push through mid? Does 1 mid and 1 tunnel? What strategy do you use if someone invis's into your base? Do you fight it out or rebuild elsewhere? How do you fight on two fronts? How do you defend/attack an area that spans multiple screens? What strategy do you use again someone who is out building you? Do you tower and bally? Mage? Do you have room to build there? How do you maximize mage efficiency, tower efficiency, how do you build so units come out in the right direction? How do you build without trapping units? How do you get a peasant to build in the thick of battle? How do you keep your mages from being killed off before you multicast? Should you mage a rax? Mage a rax and pallys/ballys? Mage near their hall so they can't get peasants out? Mage their mages?! Essentially, what can I do to give me an advantage, or what can I do to distract/delay/confuse my opponent and come out on top?

What you just wrote there is extremelly stupid, i can't even begin to explain, but let's try

"How do i write a post on forum"
How do i start? Do i start with an introduction or not, do i start friendly or not, do i greet them or not, do i start with a noun or a verb, do i write a short opening line, or do i start with a big sentence, do i put a smilie in between or not. If i start with an introduction, how do i keep them interested to read further, how do i fend off the trolls, how do i reply to when they reply badly. How do i reply, when they reply to my reply that was a reply to them replaying to my initial post badly. Should my reply be bad or not, or should i try to ammend the situation. How do i reply, if 2 people join in, and i have to fight on 2 fronts. Do i reply to both, and try to battle them on 2 fronts or do i just ignore one of them, and try to outreply the other one. How do i confuse them and come out on top? If i don't start with an introduction, how will they know who i am, and what to write, how will i explain who i am further into the discussion? Do i add bits and pieces here, so tehy see what im saying, or lay it all out at once. What if my mind forgets how to press the keyboard since im incredibly stupid and overcomplex the simplest of tasks known to man, just to justify my obsession with repetitive tasks...

That's how stupid you are. By that analogy, you can make everything extremelly complex. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:45 am 
Strapping Young Lad

better yet get 5 of your DW allies to play me on any BNE map and i own you all, lmfao you dumb newbie redneck. you realize i would slit your throat if i saw you in real life right? good

Post Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:36 pm 
KaNuKs

hahhahhhahahahahahah

Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:13 pm 
Slaughter

No point in trying to agrue that free is good on these forums. Won't get you anywhere.

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:29 pm 
SoCxYamon

yay burnt is good at pressing keys!

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:21 am 
scr3wy

Doesnt any actually still play free castles? Decided to google it since i havent played in so long. Aka were x)lil.thug(x // DoomShade )CD(sunki$t (idk if that was it

Post Fri May 22, 2009 9:16 pm 
[AA]ArR(o)W

Why does everyone try to make a point about maps; saying others require less skill than the other. This is what the map editor was made for...for people to make their own maps. So next time you go in a thread (in which it has nothing to do with you or doesn't apply to you), ---> because you don't play the map then steer clear and stick to a thread that deals with your map.. Because WC2 is always going to be diverse and will always have new maps.

I don't know how many times I've been called a noob because I play Archer Friends. This map was made almost 9 Years ago and used to be very popular and is still played today alot.. Anyone who say's this takes no skill is obviously out of their mind. It's just like any other map except you can only make one type of unit (and can upgrade it fully).. I am in the top 5 of AO and used to be #1, and that took ALOT of time and dedication to reach.

Another example..

Lightning Archers. That is a free game. Probably one of the best free maps I have ever played.. Yes. It requires alot of clicking, but not a constant click.. It take's alot of strategy..

My point is every game takes skill, some less than others; yes. But there will always be someone better than you. So "Skill" applies.

And don't go calling me a noob because I've said I've played Lightning Archers... I play every map out there and I am reasonably good at them..

From Gow BNE F or EF to POS to B-T-BC to Chop Farms to Rose Pedal.. I will give most of you a good fight..

Post Sat May 23, 2009 12:46 am 

quote:
Originally posted by [AA]ArR(o)W
Why does everyone try to make a point about maps; saying others require less skill than the other. This is what the map editor was made for...for people to make their own maps. So next time you go in a thread (in which it has nothing to do with you or doesn't apply to you), ---> because you don't play the map then steer clear and stick to a thread that deals with your map.. Because WC2 is always going to be diverse and will always have new maps.

I don't know how many times I've been called a noob because I play Archer Friends. This map was made almost 9 Years ago and used to be very popular and is still played today alot.. Anyone who say's this takes no skill is obviously out of their mind. It's just like any other map except you can only make one type of unit (and can upgrade it fully).. I am in the top 5 of AO and used to be #1, and that took ALOT of time and dedication to reach.

Another example..

Lightning Archers. That is a free game. Probably one of the best free maps I have ever played.. Yes. It requires alot of clicking, but not a constant click.. It take's alot of strategy..

My point is every game takes skill, some less than others; yes. But there will always be someone better than you. So "Skill" applies.

And don't go calling me a noob because I've said I've played Lightning Archers... I play every map out there and I am reasonably good at them..

From Gow BNE F or EF to POS to B-T-BC to Chop Farms to Rose Pedal.. I will give most of you a good fight..

customs are fucking gay. we made a whole server to get away from you talentless newbs and then decided to turn around and invite you back. fuck this shit.

Post Sat May 23, 2009 2:10 am 
USA-Feature

i dont get it just dont play with them why does it bother you that they play here?

Post Wed May 27, 2009 12:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
-667-

the bot made a funny Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:32 pm 
Swift

quote:
Anyone who say's this takes no skill is obviously out of their mind. It's just like any other map except you can only make one type of unit (and can upgrade it fully).. I am in the top 5 of AO and used to be #1, and that took ALOT of time and dedication to reach.

I've played alot more blizzard made maps than of the popular customs. BNE's take significantly more skill, and it's not even really comparable. I think I would challenge you heavily on AO and I've played it less than 50 times.

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:11 am 
[AA]ArR(o)W

Swift the only reason you think there is less skill involved is because you have not played a custom map the amount of time that you have played GoW.

"I've played AO maybe 50 times"

People have played GoW so many times that they know every little nick-and-cranny, they basically have everything timed down to the T.

I've played AO so many times that I know everything about it also. Yeah, you may make only one unit but there is an entire complexity of different strategy's involved.

You think you can challenge me heavily?

When I first came to RU (3-4 months ago), I was around top 20.

Now.. I'm #1, not one person can beat me besides the occasional win from re$t. Now I'm not saying I never lose but I have the best winning record over people ..e.g. (8-3 is probably the highest I've lost).

You would be nothing to me. Zilch. Nada.

I proved my point about playing GoW.. I can play you're map and be just as good as everyone else. I've played with everything to prove my point. I may not be the best but don't say i'm not fucking good because you're wrong. I am at least in the top 5 best all-around map players out there.

now go ahead.. talk shit.

Post Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:28 am 
Jater

quote:
Swift the only reason you think there is less skill involved is because you have not played a custom map the amount of time that you have played GoW.

"I've played AO maybe 50 times"

People have played GoW so many times that they know every little nick-and-cranny, they basically have everything timed down to the T.

I've played AO so many times that I know everything about it also. Yeah, you may make only one unit but there is an entire complexity of different strategy's involved.

You think you can challenge me heavily?

When I first came to RU (3-4 months ago), I was around top 20.

Now.. I'm #1, not one person can beat me besides the occasional win from re$t. Now I'm not saying I never lose but I have the best winning record over people ..e.g. (8-3 is probably the highest I've lost).

You would be nothing to me. Zilch. Nada.

I proved my point about playing GoW.. I can play you're map and be just as good as everyone else. I've played with everything to prove my point. I may not be the best but don't say i'm not fucking good because you're wrong. I am at least in the top 5 best all-around map players out there.

now go ahead.. talk shit.

lol'd

Post Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:07 am 
Lightbringer-

MEGA FUCKING EL OH EL...

I wonder why blizzard implemented "resource gathering" in a "RTS" game. Taking that away effectively takes away much strategy and clickfest replaces it.

Resource management is a HUGE part of any RTS game and those free maps are like crippled down versions of RTS games to allow retards with down syndromes to have some fun and be able to "compete"

Post Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:35 am 
[AA]ArR(o)W

Lets play Low EF AO then.. If you don't think its much about resource management. Now I'm not talking about free castles. It's a fucking stupid game.

Will 1v1 anyone here. Top or Bottom, I'll play you on the fucking side and smash you.

Even better. I'll let you 2h and I'll 1h and I'll even give you vision the whole time.

Post Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:41 pm 
Shynko

Will you then post an ss with the whole minimap lit up? That was my favorite part last time.

Post Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:19 pm 
[AA]ArR(o)W

I win the series -

No skill you say...?

http://img233.imageshack.us/i/swift1.jpg/
http://img198.imageshack.us/i/swift2.jpg/
http://img80.imageshack.us/i/swift3.jpg/
http://img232.imageshack.us/i/swift4.jpg/

Post Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:32 pm 
Jater

quote:
I win the series -

No skill you say...?

http://img233.imageshack.us/i/swift1.jpg/
http://img198.imageshack.us/i/swift2.jpg/
http://img80.imageshack.us/i/swift3.jpg/
http://img232.imageshack.us/i/swift4.jpg/

wtf does that prove?
none of those look like blowouts
you said you played the map numerous times when swift has play it 50 times max

how does that prove no skill?

Post Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:32 pm 
Jon;

haha swift blows. i've got to be 4-0 with arrow on archers only.

Post Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:55 pm