FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Human Mages vs Lust
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
uSmUrF

Human Mages vs Lust

I dont see any human players doing anything with mages that they cant do with dks. Being humans is almost like an excuse to lose to lust.

Post Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Axolotl

blizzard does more damage to units than decay does.

edit: http://war2.warcraft.org/strategy/magic/blizzdecay.shtml

Post Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
CRyELTy-Vio

Hi all, im new in this forum, and heres my opinion on this lustVShuman-mages, which i think its basically like saying orcVShumans.

I always play orc at fastest and even faster, but when it comes to a ladder game the thing gets a little more tricky, always depending on the map. Usmurf, i think its such a, unfortunately, question this "why could humans better than orcs?" since a very few people play humans. Ladder speed allows you to run human mages properly and get an advantage not only from blizzard but also from poly, slow, and INVISIBILITY. A good player using invisibility properly can keeps on getting over you with peon-raping and mage-bombs. Go and play some water map on ladder with "billybudd" and youll understand perfectly what im saying.

Besides, polymorph can cope with dragons, death knights, even sappers. Slow can be casted in order to let your mage run away from the enemy.

And there you got the paladins. You can keep map always scouted with holy vision, which allows you to constantly make peon-raping, mage-bombs, and sappers attacks. You can made quick attacks with birds and then use healing to keep then alive for a long time. You can also heal your mages if they got hit. And you can even cope sometimes with a group of bloodlusted ogres throught using both combined healing on knights and slow on ogres.

And, yea, im saying the magic word: EXORCISM, the forgotten one. A good human player should be easily able to keep ANY death knight far from his units/buildings using good scouting and exorcism. Besides, you can also use knights to make constant exorcims on those death knights which the enemy places next to his expansions, and then you can even make the knight come back to your base ahnd heal him.

Very inventive play you able to do with Humans, its a pity people always play at fastest or even faster.

ps: Axolotl, I dont know if blizzard causing more damage on units, i just trust. But I would like to add that, on my own experience, i think human mages need 125 mana to destroy a cannon tower and at least 100 to destroy a guard tower, while death knights destroy both guard and cannon with just 75 mana. Any other thinking on this humansVSorcs are more than welcome.

Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ThreeUp3Down

Water maps and FFAs mean humans own - everything else though I'd have to say orc owns.

Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:41 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

i disagree

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:57 pm 
Pariah_WH

quote:
Originally posted by GaNzTheLegend
i disagree

Too bad no one cares.

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
GaNzTheLegend

quote:
Originally posted by Pariah_WH
quote:
i disagree

Too bad no one cares.

Too bad I'd own u with humans.

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:07 pm 
Pariah_WH

quote:
quote:
quote:
i disagree

Too bad no one cares.

Too bad you don't even play, cause you know you suck.

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
GaNzTheLegend

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
i disagree

Too bad no one cares.

Too bad you don't even play, cause you know you suck.

I don't play cuz only newbies like u are left.

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:09 pm 
Pariah_WH

Sounds like fear to me.

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:10 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

I hope I get you in first round. Nice easy win.

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:11 pm 
Biggs.

humans vs orcs

The reason why dnd need only 75-100 mana to kill a guard or cannon tower is because dnd makes more damage to 2x2 and 4x4 buildings, while blizz owns units and 3x3 buildings.
I always play humans, its just more fun Smile

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:30 pm 
Reikan

BUILD ARCHERS AGAINST OGRES

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:57 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

peon rush the fking ogres

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:58 pm 
ApeZilla

Re: humans vs orcs

quote:
Originally posted by Biggs.
The reason why dnd need only 75-100 mana to kill a guard or cannon tower is because dnd makes more damage to 2x2 and 4x4 buildings, while blizz owns units and 3x3 buildings.
I always play humans, its just more fun Smile

you also always lose. is that fun too?

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:23 am 
Biggs.

Biggs.

Actually i dont, most ppl that play orc just use lust... 1 blizz can kill 9 lusted oggies, so you just have to play a little different, not defensive, just different... exp fast, and keep blizzing opponent`s gold, get some air, knights and its not so hard to win.
Before lust, humans and orcs are almost the same, just a few differences.
And finally, i play for fun, not for stats or anything else.

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:31 am 
ApeZilla

Re: Biggs.

quote:
Actually i dont, most ppl that play orc just use lust... 1 blizz can kill 9 lusted oggies, so you just have to play a little different, not defensive, just different... exp fast, and keep blizzing opponent`s gold, get some air, knights and its not so hard to win.

i know how to play humans, and i also know that playing them on fastest is stupid because its a pain in the ass to slow and blizz lusted ogres running faster than fuck toward your army

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:37 am 
Biggs.

Re: Biggs.

quote:
Originally posted by ApeZilla
quote:

i know how to play humans, and i also know that playing them on fastest is stupid because its a pain in the ass to slow and blizz lusted ogres running faster than fuck toward your army

True, but in a map like gow u can wall and hide your army while ogres hit raxes or farms, blizz them, and them finish them off easy, all because a blizzard in fastest can kill all the oggies before your opponent even notice.

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:52 am 
Reikan

archers kill anything because they have the highest damage!!

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:08 pm 
xAkroN

quote:
Originally posted by Reikan
BUILD ARCHERS AGAINST OGRES

gg

archers > ogres

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:58 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Originally posted by Reikan
archers kill anything because they have the highest damage!!

OMG And one time I flyer rush0r3d this complete newvbie and tehn ma fliers flew over his base and hee was like IC ANT CLICK0R MY RAX0R OMG =]~ mang WTF?! JIZZ

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:00 pm 
wcpyro

Humans do own on sea maps, because they can simply blizz, gryphon all opposing ships. You can use D&D too, but it's just not nearly as effective. You can invis transports, as well. Also, the trail maps belong to humans because blizz and mass rangers are easy to use without dying.

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

I think the biggest weakness humans have is they have a hell of a time trying to kill buildings. It makes it extremely difficult to take out orc expansions and raxes. So on a map like gow an orc player has a lot easier time taking space and keeping it.

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:47 pm 
Scrubbolator

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
I think the biggest weakness humans have is they have a hell of a time trying to kill buildings. It makes it extremely difficult to take out orc expansions and raxes. So on a map like gow an orc player has a lot easier time taking space and keeping it.

yea thats one of the things, apart from the fact that the game wasnt meant to be played on any speed greater than faster. if i recall correctly, it takes 7 repairing peons to keep a building from losing hp when being attacked by only 2 upgraded lusted ogres.
also, people always forget about sappers these days. they can very often be useful in late game. in situations like when 11 is walled in with dks or when people wall off parts of the map. for instance, if you're 12/s12/2/3 in late game and the opponent is s9/9/11, and he walls off the paths to 12 then its impossible to dk 11 and its a free expansion. also s12 is useless because it will get dked and 12/2/3 are all vulnerable to attacks with small amounts of ogres.
anyway, i always get a bit carried away when talking about war2 strategy :O

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Scrubbolator

quote:
Originally posted by wcpyro
Humans do own on sea maps, because they can simply blizz, gryphon all opposing ships. You can use D&D too, but it's just not nearly as effective. You can invis transports, as well. Also, the trail maps belong to humans because blizz and mass rangers are easy to use without dying.

gryphons dont do too well against destroyers :O
dnd is also good because it can be used in conjunction with haste, causing it to do more dmg than blizzard would do.
anyway, humans own sea regardless, mostly because lust isnt nearly as useful and invis trannies + slowing enemy ships kinda rapes

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
xAkroN

When playing on a map like Gow, you just don't let the orc player get to lust, not even hold. I know i'm being a bit vague, but do anything you can to stop the orc player from even upping hold. And if you know that the opponent is ahead, lets say you were peon raped, just expand. I don't know if that helps any, but do anything it takes to win early game, late game vs orcs will be a lot tougher.

Post Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:05 am 
GaNzTheLegend

the key to winning with humans is to out-expand your opponent and keep hitting his gold mines with invisible mages.

Post Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:58 pm 
KaNuKs

You guys know shit. Here is some question with the right answers :

What speed is better for microing?

The slower the speed the more time u have to micro.

Now, the 100$ question : which race requires the most micro in order to win?

Thats were all the newbies will answer "the humans" but the ones that actually knows the game (like me) will say "the orcs".

Here is why : lust. Lust requires micro. Play on fastest, get a dual vs dual war, and believe me if you play a good human player you will stand no chance in hell if you dare trying to lust efficiently your ogres. While you take the time to lust your 9 ogres, the opponent will take this time to play bgh style : pump his raxes and gryphonnery. So you will end up having 9 ogres semi lusted that gets annoyed by 2 stupid gryphs. And you will eventually losing em all.

Blizzard is so strong on fastest because u cant move your ogres in time. A blizz is easily avoided on ef. So the orcs owns humans on ef because u actually have the time to use lust at his full potential. Peoples always believed that humans requires more micro and it has always been false. Knights doesnt needs any microing time, besides attack and patrol. Mages requires as much micro as Dk. Ogre mage requires a fuking lot of microing time, since you pump like 40 ogres a game and lust em all 3 or 4 times.

Post Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:28 pm 
Kith-Kanin

Lust doesn't require that much micro. There's more macro/micro required to win with humans on EF speed. Now, if you put the speed setting to say faster speed... then I think orc require more micro simply because you will end up using runes, hasted/unholy dks, and such.

The main problem with humans is the inability to defend expansions as well as orcs. Orc can send 4 ogres to defend an expansion with a couple guards... 4 knights and a couple guards wouldn't hold off 9 ogres unfortunately.

Humans NEED a lot of scouting. You can't have lusted ogres hitting you unaware, which means more micro in always checking the mini map and such. Knights will end up getting heal/exorcism if its an actual long game. Because healing your griffs/mages and any extra units can actually turn out to save you quite a LOT of money... which you need since its so hard to keep an expansion as human.

Post Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
GaNzTheLegend

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin

Humans NEED a lot of scouting. You can't have lusted ogres hitting you unaware, which means more micro in always checking the mini map and such. Knights will end up getting heal/exorcism if its an actual long game.

Uh wtf? This applies to orcs too, you cant have lusted ogres hitting your unlusted ogres and expect to win.

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:08 pm