FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Feedback

Old boards.

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Cross

Old boards.

Axo... if it aint broke, dont fix it!

I for one liked the boards the way they were.
I like how new responses were shown by red folders and all that mumbo-jumbo.

anyways, there's no chance of you changing back is there?

p.s. Yes, I am aware I said I liked these ones more before, but I changed my mind.

Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:42 pm 
Axolotl

No chance of me changing them back. UBB costs money and I would lose all of the threads for a few weeks.

New messages are indicated here also, when the little icon turns yellow beside the forum or post.

The only thing I don't like about these forums is the color layouts. There are only so many templates available, but none of them have that 'hardcore' feeling of the color scheme that I did on the old boards. I'm working on changing everything back to dark colors but it's alot of work with phpbb.

Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
KillaBoBilla

call me crazy, but nothing on my computer is anything but gray-blue or gray.

I see no yellow

Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:19 pm 
Axolotl

See the square just below the orc on the top of this page...that should be yellow when there are new posts.
As should the squares by all new posts from your last visit. They are yellow to me....it wouldn't be yellow if your computer doesn't accept cookies. But it should be yellow for everyone...I hope....

Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
KillaBoBilla

yea, that one is yellow, but no other ones are!

Oh well, Im computer illiterate. And this may sound stupid but if my computer is a 800Mhz woth windows 98, would that have cookies?

Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:32 pm 
Axolotl

thats what mine is too Smile
default is set to accept them, yeah.

So when you go to general discussion....then leave the page for a few hours, and come back, there isnt a list of yellow boxes by the new posts? Could you check that for me.

Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:22 pm 
KillaBoBilla

Yep, it works now

Did you change something about the page or was I just retarded (cause I didnt change anything)

Post Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:35 am 
KillaBoBilla

OK, I figured it out!

To make topics turn yellow, you have to be registered!

Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:35 pm 
Axolotl

Ahhh ok.
I didnt know that either. I figured it would still send cookies to unregistered users.

Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:39 pm 

quote:
Originally posted by Axolotl
No chance of me changing them back. UBB costs money and I would lose all of the threads for a few weeks.

New messages are indicated here also, when the little icon turns yellow beside the forum or post.

The only thing I don't like about these forums is the color layouts. There are only so many templates available, but none of them have that 'hardcore' feeling of the color scheme that I did on the old boards. I'm working on changing everything back to dark colors but it's alot of work with phpbb.

Make your own template Axolotl. The .tpl files are html files in disguise. Just arrange the commands in brackets, and you can pretty much get the same look as the old forums.

Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:42 pm