FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Where Can I Play Against Great Players

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
KareKare

they say to be great u need to play against the great players,,,,,im not a great player, im actually not that good.. but i know if i keep playing with great players i will learn..whre do they hang out?...how can i play with them?.. some of them wont even play with me coz they dont want me on their team.. i understand im not good that's why i want to be good..remember the time when you guyz started playing this game?....so if anyone interested to help me please do.. i appreciate it.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:02 pm 
Phoenix

The reason that its hard to play against good players is that most of them are elitist jerks.

What you should do is just challenge everyone to a 1v1. Their pride is often too great for them to turn you down, even if you do suck. Go to clan [24-7] and war2 ladder challenges and challenge people to a 1v1, and you'll find someone to play with. And if they ask whether or not you're good, just say that you are.

Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
KareKare

i tried 24-7 but no one talks in that channel..everyone's quite..i asked everyone for a 1x1 game i got no reply......

Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 2:13 pm 
KaNuKs

quote:
Originally posted by KareKare:
they say to be great u need to play against the great players,,,,,im not a great player, im actually not that good.. but i know if i keep playing with great players i will learn..whre do they hang out?...how can i play with them?.. some of them wont even play with me coz they dont want me on their team.. i understand im not good that's why i want to be good..remember the time when you guyz started playing this game?....so if anyone interested to help me please do.. i appreciate it.

Ask me for a game if u see me on 24-7 or ladder channel. Beware the rape!

Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:21 pm 
KareKare

Thanks Kanuks, dont expect much though....i kinda suck......but i appreciate it.. tonight i'll be playing from 10pm to 4 am california time. i'll look for u...thanks again.

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 11:26 am 
~!SiGn!~

You don't really need to play good players to get good. You could actually play anyone and work on your game, and different strats that would work. You could watch good players play and learn from what they do, but you don't actually need to play them, unless you want to of course.

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Phoenix

Yeah, you do need to play good players to get to the next level... not that playing anyone, or even the computer, doesn't help. Every game of war2 you play makes you a better player. However, when you play someone who can thoroughly thrash you, you learn so much more, especially if they are willing to watch the video afterwards to give you pointers.

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 6:36 pm 
KareKare

i agree with phoenix,, coz when i play with newbs i dont learn anything,, but when i get to play with good player i learn how to adjust my game,, i still lose though.....lol...but i usually learn something......just like basketball....if you play with great players you'll only going to get better....thanks guyz hopefully u can all play with me so i can learn fast..

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:51 pm 
~!SiGn!~

quote:
Originally posted by KareKare:
i agree with phoenix,, coz when i play with newbs i dont learn anything,, but when i get to play with good player i learn how to adjust my game,, i still lose though.....lol...but i usually learn something......just like basketball....if you play with great players you'll only going to get better....thanks guyz hopefully u can all play with me so i can learn fast..

lol, warcraft isn't anything like basketball believe me. But ok, i beleive you guys on that one.

Post Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:13 pm 
sLuGGo

You gain the most by playing someone slightly better than you.

Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:41 am 
Rogue

Play in channel : wfc4life

Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 6:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
~!SiGn!~

quote:
Originally posted by Rogue:

No one in that channel ever

Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:23 pm 
~Vincent

quote:

Translation:

Play in channel

Gay Homos Only

Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:26 am 
-667-

Gay homos?
Are there heterosexual homos too?

Post Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:47 am 
STOOPlD

quote:
Originally posted by -667-:
Gay homos?
Are there heterosexual homos too?

HOMO - NOUN
A member of the genus Homo, which includes the extinct and extant species of humans.

Yes, there are.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:16 pm 
-667-

seˇmanˇtics
Pronunciation Key (s-mntks)
n. (used with a sing. or pl. verb)

Linguistics. The study or science of meaning in language.
Linguistics. The study of relationships between signs and symbols and what they represent. Also called semasiology.
The meaning or the interpretation of a word, sentence, or other language form: We're basically agreed; let's not quibble over semantics.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:11 pm 
sadfds

Sadly enuff-

You Can't!!! for most of the great player have:

1. retire due to (boredom, hax, war3 or other games)

2. the remaining great player are jerks and won't play without the great question "and who the fuck r u?"

Post Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:30 am 
Paper_Boy

It's simple give me 15 bucks and ill make u a war2 god.

Post Mon Apr 15, 2002 10:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Borgod

War2BNE USA-1 is where the gods hang out

Post Tue Apr 16, 2002 5:54 pm 
WyZe

Go to the Channel DFL on east

there you can find a lot of players for maps like strike 62peons ez5 C6 Castles Gow and other maps like BGH

Post Sat Apr 20, 2002 12:18 pm 
DS~Anomaly

Honestly you won't get good by playing with 90% of the newbs out there.. because they haven't increased in skill in awhile...
every once in awhile, one good person will sneak out, but simply because they had the knack for it.
you really should set aside a few weeks where you can play a good 10-20 games a day... choose the speed you want to become profficient at.. and play a small variety of maps.. maybe 2-3 diff ones.
Join pickup games.. who cares if they yell at you... just try and learn from your mistakes.. Join every pickup game you can..

now you set goals. ok today I'm gonna work on my rush. rush over and over and over and over. LEARN from your mistakes.. in order to become good quick, you have to remember what NOT to do. the faster you know what NOT to do, the more time you have left over to practice the proper techniques.

work on simple strategies first... read people's strategies on the internet and understand why they do these things...
practice clicking fast in everything you do... clicking fast and accurately helps once you've got your basic strategies down...

eventually you'll stop thinking - ok, what do I build now - and it will all come naturally..

this way you can spend more time inside that head of yours thinking of ways to trick your enemy or counter his attacks.

Most of the ppl that hang out in those channels like WFC, SOC, Fastlane.. whatever else... they always talk about getting good..but they never do... also never think that getting a trainer will help you..
sure sometimes they have good advice..
but since when did typing to someone over the internet help you play better? shit.

Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
SuikodenTM

if you want to get better you need to do so by losing. Sounds strange but, if you should learn something every game you lose, whereas you perfect strats when you win. So both ways help, but i find it much easier to see what you're doing wrong with your strats among all the basics when you play with great players.

Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:29 pm 
wtf

Paperboy u arent a war2 god.
wtf can u make him that good?

Post Thu Jun 06, 2002 4:53 am 
tmang@td0h0t0h0h0h

just play for fun. being good at war2 isnt going to win you any awards. by the time you're good, this game will be long dead because it will take you at least a year to become good.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:23 pm