FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

2 rax rush

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sh00tZ

2 rax rush

i have honestly only seen 1 2rax rush done. it was a 2rax rush with cannon tower vs a dual rush... i beat him to fort by like 2 minutes and killed him.

can it be done well; if so, how??

----by the way, where can i find the strats formerly listed at
sol.warcraft.org
(page is down or something...)

Post Wed Sep 19, 2001 6:32 pm 
NaLzyMan

2 rax rush

There is no such thing as a good 2 rax rush.

Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 5:23 pm 
DiLLs

2 rax rush

There is no such thing as good advice that Nalzyman gives.

Post Sat Oct 13, 2001 5:36 pm 
Axolotl

2 rax rush

Uh...if you're rushing in a 1 on 1 you shouldn't ever need a cannon if you're rushing. If you need a cannon your rush sucks and the other guys is better than yours.
A good 2 rax rush leaves your options open. You put up your rax and smith and the less you can repair the further ahead you'll be in resources. This works best on maps where they won't find you immediately. You have to repair if you were playing a map like Continent to Explore.

Just go with 1 rax to start and scout. Don't be walled in at all yet. If you find a 2haller, or 2 hall rusher you can go hit them with a few grunts fast and make them get towers immediately before they can afford it. Then you can either go tower the heck out of their wallin or start a 2nd rax close to them, and do a 2 cat rush. Or, a combination of the 2. There's no point sitting back and trying to beat them to power.

So a good 2rax rush is, only build 1 barracks to start. Scout right away. Hit a 2 haller fast. Against another rusher just use setups or a peon stop if you want to outrush them :I

Post Tue Oct 16, 2001 12:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DS~Anomaly

2 rax rush

Once again, Axo with the good basic advice.. he hit some good points.
There are some good times to do a 2 rax rush...but you should never consider a cannon tower right off the bat. (on any map)

I'm sure any clan [24-7] player could go over the basics of a 2 rax rush... but I don't think any of them use it in a 1v1. It simply isn't logical. Unless you're just fooling around to have fun.

Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
DS~Anomaly

2 rax rush

Let me add to that.. By 2 rax rush I mean building 2 barracks initially.. in any order b/s/b or b/b/s .. or s/b/b

I still consider it a 1 rax rush..even if I build my second rax mins later...

Post Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
sLuGGo

2 rax rush

For getting a 2nd rax early, does 12 grunts seem like a small amount, considering you have already gotten lvl 5?

Post Thu Oct 25, 2001 10:17 am 
BiZaTcH

2 rax rush

If I get 9 I usually get my 2nd rax early and get level 5 and still almost always get lust first. It's this gay cookbook I made up though - I get like 12 grunts lvl 5, get 3 or 4 raxes and fort, and then lust. I just outperform everyone. I don't even know why, it just works.

Post Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
BiZaTcH

2 rax rush

Well I also go smith first and up 1 after another. So it would be about 15 Grunts had the smith upgrade not been so fast.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
NaLzyMan

2 rax rush

Post Fri Nov 09, 2001 9:30 am 
GaNzTheLegend

2 rax rush

Man oh man are you guys sad you don't know nothing. My rush owns all. It could rape any 3 of you newbs alone. Well I could tell you newbs the build order but whats the use you will still blow.

GaNzTheLegend,
-4 Time bnet champion

Post Fri Nov 09, 2001 9:07 pm 
J0E_C00L

2 rax rush

I remember this page I read by a guy called Icestorm or something like that. He called it the 8 farm rush/lust. Basically what he did was to build his second barracks about half way thru his first weapon upgrade and pump grunts from the 2 barracks. He would build 8 farms total and upgrade grunts to lvl3. this would leave 450 lumber for his mill after the 8 farm was done. Then he said to pull 10 peons from gold and chop wood. their first trip back you could go hold. I cant remember how the rest went. does it ring a bell for anyone? maybe some of you knew him.

Post Sat Nov 17, 2001 7:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SaBiQ

2 rax rush

Heh, yes I remember ~Icestorms webpage. Too bad he took it down in favor of Everquest.

G-d Bless,
-SaBiQ

Post Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:49 pm 
Docta

2 rax rush

quote:
Originally posted by J0E_C00L:
I remember this page I read by a guy called Icestorm or something like that. He called it the 8 farm rush/lust. Basically what he did was to build his second barracks about half way thru his first weapon upgrade and pump grunts from the 2 barracks. He would build 8 farms total and upgrade grunts to lvl3. this would leave 450 lumber for his mill after the 8 farm was done. Then he said to pull 10 peons from gold and chop wood. their first trip back you could go hold. I cant remember how the rest went. does it ring a bell for anyone? maybe some of you knew him.

Hey I remember him too.... was he ~Iczer at any time?

Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 11:44 pm 
Ash-

2 rax rush

On gow, the only places it is useful to 2 rax rush from is 12 and 9, because they have the fastest gold. In 2v2's, I almost always get 2 rax off the bat in 2/12 in case I have a neighbor, this puts me ahead in grunts early and gives me an advantage. At 12, a 2 rax lvl 3 rush can often fuck up a 1 rax rusher, if you iht them before lvl 4. Same thing at 9. At other spots, 2 rax is useless in 1v1 because the gold flow is not fast enough. However, in 2v2 lust speed is not as important, so 2 rax can be much more effective.

On other maps besides gow, such as b2b, pos, cte, gseps, or other rush maps, it is almost always better to get 2 rax sometime between making youf first rax and before you get lvl 3, depending on if you want to peon stop at all. Nalzy happens to be a player who only 1 rax rushes, because whenever he makes a 2nd rax he gets unbelievably raped to lust. As all good players know, nalzy fucking blows.

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 12:25 am 
BiZaTcH

2 rax rush

quote:
Originally posted by Ash-:
As all good players know, nalzy fucking blows.

I do think your strategies here are useful, but when Nalzman smurfed as BiZaTcH- or something, he went 3-3 or something like that according to you..Anyone that can go even with you does not suck.

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:29 pm 
Ash-

2 rax rush

quote:
Originally posted by BiZaTcH:
I do think your strategies here are useful, but when Nalzman smurfed as BiZaTcH- or something, he went 3-3 or something like that according to you..Anyone that can go even with you does not suck.

that wasn't nalzy, that was cloud=x= and he was smurfing. I was assuming it was you playing. Nalzy went 0-3 against me in 1v1's, after he claimed he had completely gotten his game back.

------------------
Peace and Love,

Ash

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 7:20 pm 
NaLzyMan

2 rax rush

I never claimed to get my game back, please stop lying, i thought you were better then that...

Good players will snuff 2 rax rushes, and i've proven that time and time again. I used to 2 rax level 4 similar to nexus' 2rax rush, but now I 1 rax level 5 with much better results. My losses with my 1 rax only happen if I am doubled really really early, or if my unit control is terrible that game.

[This message has been edited by NaLzyMan (edited 12-18-2001).]

Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 3:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BiZaTcH

2 rax rush

2 Rax rushing CAN be difficult on GOW. If you make your barracks too early then you have to pick Peon over Grunt a LOT (so mine as well go 1 rax). If you get it later it becomes nearly useless and slows you to Hold. You have to just work with it (and yeah, I like 1 Rax lvl 5ing also).

Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 8:23 pm 
$alsa~

2 rax rush

2 rax rushing on EF old Gow never seemed to work will compared to a 1 rax. However on Fastest you can do some wicked 2 rax rushes by going B-B-F-Gold and have either the first barrecks building peon build a smith or the second. First is better tho. Your low on resources at first but it's enough to maintain a better rush. THis works best in 3v3's but I did out rush a 2 hall rusher quite handly late with it. Then agian I blow don't listent o me

Post Thu Dec 20, 2001 11:33 pm 
jason2

2 rax rush

What is a peon stop?

Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:23 am 
~!SiGn!~

2 rax rush

quote:
Originally posted by NaLzyMan:

There is such thing as a two rax rush and I have done it many a time. I will show anyone who wants to know how. Just email me or find me on bnet.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2002 1:59 am 
Paladin

2 rax rush

Aire. can do a good 2 rax rush from 5=]

Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 11:06 pm 
Soth

2 rax rush

*looks in pocket*

*sees Aire.*

*waves*

Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 12:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Paladin

2 rax rush

haha =]

Post Thu Mar 07, 2002 9:36 pm 
NaLzyMan

2 rax rush

Soth, you don't have anyone in your pocket you fucking newbie.

Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:44 pm 
DS~Anomaly

2 rax rush

Aire. and I both learned our rushes from the same guy, although he ended up getting a lot more practice using it on classic/ef, since I moved over to Fastest for such a long time.
But, your right, he does.. er "did" have a good 2rax lvl5 rush, although I haven't played him in awhile.. so who knows..

Post Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:52 pm 
SoCzJuDo

2 rax rush

You guys prolly don't know me or recognize the name JuDO but i been on for a few years now . I play gow quite abit now for the last year and i found thru playing that a 2 rax rush doesnt work worth shit.Unless you start @ 12 then sometimes .. The 1 rax rush owns specially when u hit lvl 5 real fast. So personnally 2 rax rush sux

------------------
JuDo

Post Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:19 pm