FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

hall position at 2, GOW

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
AgainstTheGrain

hall position at 2, GOW

I have always wondered about hall position at 2, classic gow, of course. 2 hall positions seem to me more or less “logical”: one is the usual position, below the mine & the other one is to the left of the mine, on the hall – sized land spot. Is mining speed different 4 these 2 spots? Once I was fucking around & made halls at both positions there & peons were walking to the left hall. Doubt it means anything, just wondering why is it so? Cos of “top left” rule?
Left hall position allows your peons to chop trees above the mine with minimal walking distance, which is nice. Of course, u can just put a mill there, but sometimes u have to wait with your mill (hate chopping w/out a mill, but shit happens).
Concerning building space both positions seem equal, unless you like to put your farm (I mean hall under the mine) under the hall at the tree line – peons may pop under the hall. With hall left to the mine you can put mill at the bottom treeline & chop there.
Well, I doubt all of this really matters compared with the mining speed. Maybe I am missing something, tell me if I do.
The question is: has any1 consistently tried both hall positions? If he did, his opinion will be greatly appreciated, as well as any other input. Thanks.
AgainstTheGrain.

------------------

Post Fri Dec 21, 2001 7:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote