FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

GOW 11 advantage

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YuNgWuN

GOW 11 advantage

Did you notice that 11:00 (top right) in garden of war had more money in the mine than any other mine. Also its got the best wall off and the most accessable lumber. How come nobody EVER says 11:00 has more money which gives an unfair advantage on anyone

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:56 pm 
BiZaTcH

GOW 11 advantage

Shit! You serious?? Damn, and for some reason I thought 11 sucked!

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 10:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
YuNgWuN

GOW 11 advantage

Why did blizzard make one base so much better than the rest? ...11:00 layout is good enough, why'd they add more gold? WHY!!! ?? Also i wouldn't care, but winning from 11 shouldn't even be something to be proud of. People should move away from 11 if they think they're good.

Post Thu Dec 13, 2001 10:33 pm 
The Ghost

GOW 11 advantage

just make your hall to the left of mine. Impossible to dk, but you have to chop..

You could wallin with mill and do a late 2hall.

Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 7:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
MensaGenius

GOW 11 advantage

11 has the slowest gold on the map (except for 6/8 or course).

------------------
MensaGenius

Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 1:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ash-

GOW 11 advantage

5k don't mean much when you have the slowest gold, can be easily dk'd, and your only expansion is the easily dk'd 9.

------------------
Peace and Love,

Ash

Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 1:35 pm 
BiZaTcH

GOW 11 advantage

#1 - It's not impossible to DK
#2 - Your Peons get stuck
#3 - If you are gonna do that, make your first Hall at the original spot and then chop the spot and then dual there.

Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 7:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Aegwyn

GOW 11 advantage

On my clock, 11 is left of 12. Dunno if yours work differently ... I need to play the game some so I can find out if you really mean top left or right.

Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 1:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Stark

GOW 11 advantage

11 is not the best spot on gow...slowest gold...have to chop that damn tree...not to mention it is THE WORST spot to get towered at since it can easily fall victim to the tower bug...not to mention that your fastest 2 options for expanding are either 9 (and as ash said its easily dked) or s12 which is just a pain in the ass not to mention easily dked...hell without the 5k extra gold 11 would be even worse...play someone good and have them show u the disadvantages to 11...i used to think it was a good spot when i was new but u learn its not all its cracked up to be...

------------------
do what you have to do...then pay the price...
----------
Stark

Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 11:19 pm