FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Classic gow / ef

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DS~Anomaly

Classic gow / ef

Never miss a click. Honestly, you may not think it makes a difference that much... But a few missed peons can be devastating at some points. The only point your mouse/keyboard should be idle is near the begining. You'll find that it's not specific
"build orders" that win games. There's a few common things about people's build orders..like not going hold before you have a mill...or the way people setup a 9/11 dual.
Get more used to the speed, and your reaction times, and play more games.

Post Thu Oct 18, 2001 9:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
MuDvAyNe

Classic gow / ef

I recently switched from Gow.bne/Fastest to gow.pud/ef. I play alot of 1v1's and challeng almost everyone in clan [24-7]. for the most part people have been helpful and havent made fun of me too much. I'm learning alot but I'm really not going anywhere with my skill. I need someone to actually show me build orders or some kind of strategy to get me started. I know almost nothing about the map and I get owned every game that I play. I probably sound like a total newb, but at least Im making the effort to change. If someone wants to help I would appreciate it.

Post Thu Oct 18, 2001 12:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Axolotl

Classic gow / ef

Even more so on classic GoW, your building placements are very important.

I can really tell you them in text, but you do build your hall as high as possible at 12. Either as far to the right as possible at 2, or at that same height about 4 squares over.
At 11 theres only 1 real choice. At, 4, 5 and 9 keeping your hall off the trees will save you many-a-deaths in neighbour wars.

Then you got to find which wallins and which chokepoints you like best. Theres a 4 on 3 setup just using the trees at 2. You can also setup to 4 on 2s back further. At 12 you can use a farm to setup a 4 on 3 or 2 farms to setup a 3 on 2.

Just ask people to show you some of their favourite build positions.

Post Thu Oct 18, 2001 1:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
~`Nedro@PA

Classic gow / ef

I wouldn't cookbook at all. Always peon scout in a 1 on 1. I peon scout even when I dual. You should scout the enemy and other mines atleast three times before lust. I should be on soon, my immature irrational mother had an "episode" and took some stuff away. So whereever I am living i'll be on and be glad to help anytime. I will practice with you on Gow but I won't play competitively anymore.

Post Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MuDvAyNe

Classic gow / ef

I pretty much know the basics of where to build my hall and when to scout and shit like that. Basically i have trouble with Resource mgmt., Multi-Tasking, and my unit control has been described as "total newbie bullshit" (thanks shotty). Also Dualing is a problem and offensive / countering an Ot is a problem for me.lol, im such a newb. thx for the advice most of it helped. I just need more experience i guess =/.

[This message has been edited by MuDvAyNe (edited 10-19-2001).]

Post Fri Oct 19, 2001 3:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
AppoX102

Classic gow / ef

since i have been on bnet i have been a strictly fastest player, i can play classic gow cuz i did play alot on heat/zone and i know all wallins and stuff, my major problem is i don't know when to pull peons... ne help?

Post Mon Nov 12, 2001 10:51 pm 
AmishGangsta

Classic gow / ef

I think there are three important things to keep track of before you can do anything else.

One: "Your resources!" if you have 40k in gold and 100 in wood theres something wronge, pull peons off gold, or wood depending on the situation. Keep track of that stuff.

Two: "Farms!" DONT FORGET FARMS, this was my problem, and still is sometimes, keep track of your farms, if your constantly having to repair a farm or two your gonna be behind=]

Three: "Lust!" get lust at all costs, but my main point on lust is more about lusting properly. Lust whenever you leave your town, lust if you think there going to hit an expansion. Hell lust just for the hell of it, you may catch soem wondering ogres or peons. "Of course you will get accused of hacking but that's what god made SS's for isn't it?

Theres allot more to war2 than that, but those are two main things people need to take notice of,
thanks and goodnight.

------------------
AmishGangsta

Post Fri Nov 16, 2001 10:01 am