FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

People have the Wrong Idea of Why to be Humans

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
BiZaTcH

i dont think anyone relizes yet how to play humans except kith-kanin and axolotl...and not completely, even though they are both excellent players
almost ALL the human players say "well i get lots of knights, blizzard, and sappers"
and i'm thinking WTF!?!?!? YOU CAN DO THAT WITH ORCS!!

u have to have a reason to play humans - orcs have bloodlust, which is why ppl play orcs

humans have: exorcism(*****), blizzard, healing, slow, polymorph, and invisibility

so now let's say you have 12 units each, full mana, and fliars: 9 ogres & 3 dks vs 9 knights and 3 mages

immidiately the knights exorcize the dks - they are out of it...now 9 on 3
the mages slow the bloodlust ogres, and then they scatter them with blizzard. ok now ur knights take them out in little packs and heal each other the whole time.
you will come out with 9 full-strengthed knights, and 3 mages vs 0 ogres, 0 dks

now obviously that was a completely ideal situation, but i've had similar things happen like that to me before

another good thing to do is use Birds because you can heal the birds and exorce the DKs....and the axers...knights run them over

Post Fri Sep 29, 2000 7:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Jinx

i think humans rock

------------------
- Jinx.

Post Thu Mar 22, 2001 12:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Azteca

Don't ever listen to Bizatch when it comes to Warcraft strategy.

Post Sat Mar 24, 2001 1:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Phoenix

Mage is actually right... the thing is tho, if someone is good enough to beat the good orcs with humans, he'll SMOKE them if he plays orc. It takes a LOT of work before you're better with humans than you are with orcs.

Most people just play humans for something different, because its fun. Its much more challenging because of the amount of concentration humans have to have doing twenty things at once and still listening for the lusty sound :P

Post Sat Mar 24, 2001 9:52 am 
DoGz

A lot of people think mass knighting owns everyone, that's not true at all, you always need mages/gryphs, I have been playing humans a lot lately. I found that saving up 4 gryphs and hitting their exps with those totally wipes their economy out. I know it sounds lame, but I actually win with gryphs sometimes now. I never would have thought about that with Orc.

Kith's guide was really helpful too, Thanks Kith. The mage tricks and fliers, they are so much more important than I ever realized before. I sometimes forget paladins though, but it hasn't seemed to matter yet, I'll get it sometime. I like dual rushing though, it seems to get me plenty of footies and I can upgrade to level 5. I still seem to power at the same time as others who 1 hall rush or dual power with no footies. I am working on perfecting the strat right now.

Post Thu Mar 29, 2001 11:35 am 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by Ender-Wiggin:
Orcs have birds too....

Birds are expensive and are bound to take some damage. Since humans can heal their birds, gryphons are of far greater value than dragons. In addition, dks are the #1 unit for an orc player to use against air. A good human player will exercise the orc's dks into oblivion.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2001 5:46 pm 
Ranjan

Has anyone lost a game in the past 3 years to someone who was healing their gryphons?

Post Wed Apr 25, 2001 8:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by Ranjan:
Has anyone lost a game in the past 3 years to someone who was healing their gryphons?

I have. I don't think you understand how gryphons are used. They aren't ussually a mass unit or even a big offencive unit. They are mainly used for defense and occasional strikes on vulnerable units. If a human player is carefull, the 2500 gold investment will more than pay off. Of course he has to keep the opponents dks under control and have a good economy.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2001 9:44 pm 
Ender-Wiggin

quote:
Originally posted by DoGz:
I found that saving up 4 gryphs and hitting their exps with those totally wipes their economy out. I know it sounds lame, but I actually win with gryphs sometimes now. I never would have thought about that with Orc..

Orcs have birds too....

Post Thu Apr 26, 2001 12:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Silencer@BS

In the long run, HuMMiez own

Post Thu Apr 26, 2001 10:14 pm