FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Rushing,gow

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
C

Rushing,gow

when you rush you have the choice, should you repair or not. remind me why you repair. ive beaten people who repaired and i was the neighbor. Is this a good alternative for reparing... you scout the neighbor spot with your first peon, if no1 is there make a farm somewhere. peon 2 rax and so on. no repair. this way peon 4 and 5 are on gold, and u can add a 2nd rax if u need. also, id like to know how many more grunts would some1 have who reped their rax with p4. would it make a huge diff?

Post Fri Apr 20, 2001 10:24 am 
7VlesSiah

Rushing,gow

It all depends on what your opponent is doing. If you opponent is playing like he has a neighbor beside him, then you could be hit hard by grunts. There is no way you can keep up to his flow of grunts since you wasted peon labor scouting him. Basically, if you scout your neighbor early at a rush spot (like 12 or 2 on gow) you had better have a back up plan. By plan I mean that you have a rushing partner, you are getting a quick choke, or you are putting up some guards. In my opinion, repairing a rax on high res is only good for defense. It makes it so that, you have more grunts than your opponent when he reaches you. Most important, you seal your choke point quicker.

Repairing a rax does little more than make up for the grunt travel time from 12 to 2. I never repair my raxes and go head to head against lvl 1 repair rushes. I have found that by the time they reach me I am seconds away from having an equal amount of grunts. So, what I do is stake my grunts out by my peon line and use peons, if necessary, for offence and to soak up some of his grunts' attack. Once the first wave is over his advantage dies and the guy with the smith wins.

Post Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:03 pm 
C

Rushing,gow

that doesnt make sense. you are saying people who repair are actually playing defensively? so when u rep rush, and have no neigbor you should choke and power? also whats wrong with that peon scout thing? there is no rep, and if there is no neighbor, he makes the farm. if there is a neighbor throw a rax in his line.

Post Tue Apr 24, 2001 4:11 pm 
7VlesSiah

Rushing,gow

I am saying that repairing your raxes isn't an effective offensive strategy. It will die every time to someone who goes for upgrades. A repair level 1 rush also sucks because if you don’t have a neighbor you are worthless to your partner (dead in a 1v1). Your economy is in shatters and your level 1 grunts will be stomped over. Essentially, I am saying a repair rush is a shitty strategy.

As for the rest, my post was directed toward rush spots that cannot be easily cheaped (ie. 12/2 GOW). Repair rushing is next to useless everywhere else.

Post Wed Apr 25, 2001 10:30 am