FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

the best way to break thro ..is?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
~who carez~

isnt it better to break thro a 2hall with grunts + sapper than grunts+2cats?

Post Wed Feb 14, 2001 9:18 am 
7Vlessiah

Sappers are really risky. If your opponent catches wind of your sap plan, he can double wall and you are in some serious trouble. Anyways, you have to be damn quick if you go saps. I prefer cats now. I build raxes outside of his base to get cats while pumping grunts out of my own base. This is pretty effective, but if you are in a team game, your partner better have the other guy contained.

My force hits him just as he is going fort. If he stopped at hold for ogres, I have a ton of grunts to counter.

Post Fri Feb 16, 2001 11:57 am 
Soth

The key to killing a dual is early scouting. Personally, I prefer cats to saps. Like Messiah says, if they scout it out, they can be prepared. I usually have 2 cats out and moving to their base as they are upping to hold if I scout it out quick enough. If it's a 1vs1, build the cats early then grunts after the cats are done. They move slow, so you can get at least 6 more grunts to the dual by the time the cats get there. You just need to learn to prioritize when fighting a dual. You want to destroy or seriously cripple one of the bases to have a fighting chance. I played outdamage earlier 1vs1, I was 12 he was 4/5. I killed his gold with a guard tower at 4 early, then brought a cat down and killed his miners at 5 for a few minutes before he killed my cat. I lost because I wasnt able to kill either base, all I really did was get peons. a 2 cat might have worked better, I could crippled him long enough to get 2 or 3 exp's up and running. Anyhow, that's my rant.

Post Fri Feb 16, 2001 3:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
chayliss

i go farm rax adn rep my rax then hold at 5 peons. then run my sappers around looking for shit to blow up

Post Sun Feb 18, 2001 7:25 am 
BiZaTcH

i like to peon rush and build lots of farms around their base to scare them.

Post Sun Feb 18, 2001 12:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
~Summoner

yawwwwwwwn, i coulda sworn no rush kills a dual these days.

Post Wed Feb 28, 2001 12:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

Summoner, do you give up when you see a 2 haller? Defeat for me doesn't come so easily. When someone 2 halls I feel confident I can win. All hope is not lost.

The post asks for ways to attack a two haller. Maybe you could add something constructive, something other than upping to level +6 damage and attacking.

[This message has been edited by 7VlesSiah (edited 02-28-2001).]

Post Wed Feb 28, 2001 7:45 pm 
[OLC]APOPHIS

well - once killed by sappers as I dual on 9 / s9 I normally use to stay with one-two peons outside to build up walls. so sapping cannot take me out so fast anymore - the moment my opponent has sappers i got my smith and lumber walled in from outside and start to pump out ogres as well. Good players will watch the treeline, so coming trough the forest is not possible too. On my opinion 2 Catting is a possibility, but not the main strategy - as 1 haller you got some second faster lust than a 2 haller, if your cat strategy dont work you are in bad shit because you are back with lust and got only the poewer of 1 mine... Anyhow 2Halling is deadly, if done right... So guys plz tell me - what can I, as 2 haller, do against a 2 catting? Build three cats???

Post Thu Mar 01, 2001 5:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
chayliss

well lucky for summoner his map hack lets him see the dual really early so he can either go tower it or dual himself

then with the combined strenght of his 3x upgraded weapons and his allies 3x upgraded weapons they wreak havok on the remaining player

Post Thu Mar 01, 2001 7:51 am 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by [OLC]APOPHIS:
Anyhow 2Halling is deadly, if done right... So guys plz tell me - what can I, as 2 haller, do against a 2 catting? Build three cats???[/B]

At each hall? I wouldn't. Getting men to attack the cats with is a better solution.

Post Thu Mar 01, 2001 3:50 pm 
Si

Pretty much nothing. If you 2hall and have 2 cats at each base? Or even if you have a cat at each base, it will slow you down so much that they will have dk's and lust before you. Someone good once told me "You lose when you 2 hall!" and so I never do it cuz throwing up a mill and making 2 cats gets em every time.

Post Tue Mar 13, 2001 8:51 am 
Axolotl

I disagree. 2 halling does not get killed every time...far from it.

If you don't kill a 2 haller...who cares if you beat them to lust, you're still gonna get run over by 4x as many ogres.

Post Tue Mar 13, 2001 12:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote