FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Axo, any ideas for rose petal?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sLuGGo

In your editorial on gow being played too much, you suggested an alternative- Rose Petal. I recognized the map but i don't think ive ever played it online. I was wondering if you had any suggestions for the map. It looked like if you were quick, and your opponent was far away, you could setup a 2-hall, other wise rushing (w/ a 40k mine) seemed to be another option. I don't know how realistic it would be to get sappers and try to blow your way to an expansion but i noticed those as well. In a 2v2, would you normal rush, repair rush, or 2 barracks no smith repair rush, or something else? Thanks again for your time. Anyone else how has experience on this map is more than welcome to provide feedback. Merry Christmas all.

------------------
#1 sLuGGster

Post Mon Dec 25, 2000 6:14 pm 
Axolotl

Rose petal...it's interesting because you can operate from the outside and the inside.

If you are fast, you can power with a cat, chop to the mid and cat whoever. You can even chop to mid, chop a tree or 2 in mid and offensive tower players (I've won a few games with o/ts).

2 halling is hit and miss. It all depends on the spots. If the enemy(s) are across the map, their rush is going to be way to slow. But if they are only 1 or 2 spots away, your 2 hall is probably going to get owned. Of course, that's what makes a map interesting is you can't do the same thing each time.

About the outside...when you chop through the outside trees, you can now send decayers around the entire outside of the map. In the late game, it takes a LOT of micro management to stay on top of a good player.
Also the outside mines only take 1 sap each to get to, and I've won and lose countless games with them. I'd say 50% of my games on the map have used those mines.

Post Tue Dec 26, 2000 12:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ArChMaGe

my clannies r good at that map.. all i know is to sap all of the tress from any direction and rape if they go air whatever

Post Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:15 pm