FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

12/2 dual?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sLuGGo

12/2 dual?

id like any and all imput on dualing from 12/2... is it a good counter to a s9/9 dual when found early?
What about doing a dual rush from 12/2 is that the only type of dual that you can pull off?

------------------
#1 sLuGGster

Post Sun Dec 10, 2000 2:04 am 
reaverlisk

12/2 dual?

A late dual from 12/2 should get beat to lust by any good dualer.If found really early a 12/2 dual works better,but alot of it depends on how much defense s9/9 decided to make,or if he just went no defense at all.
The problem with a 12/2 dual rush is that it can't really be walled in.Youre in trouble if the other person is doing a 2 rax rush.For awhile it seemed like most good players nowadays were starting to do 1 rax rushes,and it could fine work vs that.

Post Mon Dec 11, 2000 5:28 am 
~Summoner

12/2 dual?

no good player will 1 rax rush u moron, it's a lame strat and there are so many better ways to play. Most players just get the 2nd rax later on, not right off the bat, or after the first rax is done, like im sure you do reaverlisk. Many shitty players that do excute a 1 rax rush find themselves getting outrushed and put up a cannon. This is what is known as a "1 hall power" and gets severely beat by any other strat on gow.

Post Tue Dec 12, 2000 11:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Lou

12/2 dual?

The original question was if the 12/2 dual is a good counter to the s9/9 dual.

The answer is a simple yes.

You don't have to be walled in for it to become a dual. If the other guy is dualing what is the need to be walled in?

If you scout like most people do from 12/2 you'll find 9/s9 with your second grunt. By this time you should have at least 3-4 grunts at lvl 2.

You still haven't wasted much wood. The 9/s9 normally gets either 2 towers or 1 cat and an axer or just a cat. Meaning they've already spent more wood than you have on your lvl upping.

12/2 dual should rape s9/9 dual. Especially if done correctly. If you plan to beat the other guy to lust, skip ogres completely and get fort asap. By then you should have 4-5 raxes with lust on the way and can easiy compensate if the s9/9 guy has more ogres.

When you dual 12/2 you're really 3 halling in a sense. Because you'll have s12 there. Plus s9/9 dual gets less gold for obvious reasons..

[This message has been edited by Lou (edited 12-12-2000).]

Post Tue Dec 12, 2000 5:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
sLuGGo

12/2 dual?

ty for the imput lou... any sort suggestions on when to put up the mill when i dual 12/2 assuming them are dualing s9/9? Also id like to know when to go hold... is it important to get more orges, or to get lust faster? how many raxes will a 12/2 dual get? like 7?
thanks for any and all feedback.

P.S. summoner... if i'm right, you said that a 1 rax rush sucks, but i heard that valk usually 1 rax rushes. He also beat you in KOTH with a 1 rax rush from 12, so why does it suck?

------------------
#1 sLuGGster

Post Tue Dec 12, 2000 7:48 pm 
Axolotl

12/2 dual?

Get your mill before you chop. It's easily done when you see the s9 dual. Unless you plan on trying to hurt the enemy, there is no need to overdo grunts, farms, 2 raxs etc.

Post Wed Dec 13, 2000 12:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
sLuGGo

12/2 dual?

So, if i see the s9/9 dual, do i immidiatly send like 4 or 5 peons over to 2 and repair a hall real quick? then throw up a mill and start pumping peons and chopping? Or... do i focus on slowing him down with like a quick chop in? Whats the best balance of getting my own economy going and powering, while at the same time slowing him down with maximum effect and minimun resources, thanks again.

------------------
#1 sLuGGster

Post Wed Dec 13, 2000 11:41 pm 
~Summoner

12/2 dual?

quote:
Originally posted by sLuGGo:
P.S. summoner... if i'm right, you said that a 1 rax rush sucks, but i heard that valk usually 1 rax rushes. He also beat you in KOTH with a 1 rax rush from 12, so why does it suck?

you're a dumbass fucking moron. He didn't beat me with a 1 rax rush, it was an s9/9 dual vs a 12/2 dual. I've beaten valkrie my fair share of games, and hes beaten me too, so why dont you kindly go fuck yourself. Funny too, because I see you on these forums more than I see you on bnet.

Post Thu Dec 14, 2000 1:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
sLuGGo

12/2 dual?

oh my god summoner... please forgive me your majesty... i made a fucking mistake, get a fucking life u homosexual. Just because I don't hang out in the 24-7 channel non stop, doesn't mean I don't play on bnet gw once again.

------------------
#1 sLuGGster

Post Thu Dec 14, 2000 8:05 pm 
reaverlisk

12/2 dual?

Summoner,did i ever say a 1 rax rush was good or bad?Why dont you go reread my post again during your next lunch break if you have no friends to spend it with.

Post Fri Dec 15, 2000 12:24 am 
~Radiant~

12/2 dual?

"Funny too, because I see you on these forums more than I see you on bnet"
nuf said

Post Fri Dec 15, 2000 12:10 pm 
~Summoner

12/2 dual?

what I don't understand is why players that not only that I'm clearly better than, but also dont even play the game, are insulting me. It just doesn't make sense. I know morons like reaverlisk haven't yet learned that insulting a player's real life is really admitting that he owns you in war2, but I don't see why some of these other idiots are responding to me? Radiant you know I'm right, so stfu, make your next reply to me an insult of my sexuality please.

Post Sat Dec 16, 2000 6:23 pm 
sLuGGo

12/2 dual?

summoner, you dedicate yourself to war2... so when someone insults your "real life" as u call it, it brings you down to the reality that are once again simply a flaming homosexual. War2 will not change that, nor will hacking. So "kindly go fuck yourself" and don't ever respond to my stratigy questions again you fag.

------------------
#1 sLuGGster

Post Sat Dec 16, 2000 8:13 pm 
reaverlisk

12/2 dual?

Fine summoner,"you own me." There.
1-0 raped.
Why are you posting stuff on a saturday evening summoner?

Post Sun Dec 17, 2000 3:47 am