FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Xmarks Strategy

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Milky

Xmarks Strategy

Does anyone know a good xmarks strategy of any kind they would be willing to tell me it seems to me that i blow there . Can anyone help

thanks

Post Tue Dec 12, 2000 3:27 pm 
Lou

Xmarks Strategy

A lot of people decide to rush on that map.. Normally you can tell what they're gonna do by sending an oiler... If you see he's getting oil.. he's going juggs (more than likely..)

But most strats on this map really depend on luck.

When I use to play X Marks back for IGL I always sub rushed.

You make your hall, you make a farm, barracks, mill. When your barracks finish you should have 5 peons and now you go stronghold and make another farm.

While you're going stronghold make a shipyard and mine hard.

The second you turn hold, make an alchemist and repair the hell out of it.

Make a submarine as soon as you have the alchemist.

If the other guy has gone juggs, you will rape him unless you can't control your subs. Some jugging people use the 'attack ground command' and if they find ur sub you're focked.

Don't get more than 2 subs.

If he didn't jugg.. Just take out his sea buildings in order from Foundry to Shipyard.

Another thing you may want to do is this. When your Alchemist finishes, make a flyer and sub at the same time. The flyer finishes first so send it to your nme to see what he's up to.

If he doesn't have any sea threatning stuff, cancel your subs and adjust.

I'm not sure if anyone else has more strats for this map.

The right island can be island hopped to the bottom Island. So the Right Island doesn't even have to go sea for a while.

And the top island can be dked from the left Island (I think). So it's just a matter of who expands and who can control the map.

Post Tue Dec 12, 2000 4:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Axolotl

Xmarks Strategy

Also see the 3 jugg cookbook in strategy. I won several igl games with the strat.

Basically you got...heavy jugs, subs, rush, or expand. If you build smart, rushing should fail against juggs. Expanding is hit and miss.

Post Tue Dec 12, 2000 11:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
[fw]Sylvain

Xmarks Strategy

Well, on this pud, sea control is very important. I remember this game were I went Jugg and he rush. I didn't closed up soon enough so he got me and all my peons -3. So, I expanded bottom and didn't let him build a shipyard (of course I had destroy his shipyard and foundry and transport), but still he had expand on top island.. And I got him this way, by rebuilding my entire town at the bottom island..

2shipyards-juggs is frequentl used, but I'm not sure if it's better to build 1 or 2 shipyard. I guess if you build 2 shipyards and your ennemy rush, you'll be screwed..

Also, if you start at the right island, you don't really have the choice to win the sea..

Post Wed Dec 13, 2000 2:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
reaverlisk

Xmarks Strategy

But the right island can foundry hop=)

Post Wed Dec 13, 2000 9:54 pm 
~Summoner

Xmarks Strategy

who plays this gay map anyway

Post Thu Dec 14, 2000 7:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
reaverlisk

Xmarks Strategy

Summoner,alot of people with winning records vs you play it.

Post Fri Dec 15, 2000 12:15 am