FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

moving to s9

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
silent bob

moving to s9

have you tried moving to s9 on gowbne and powering. 8 and 6 suck even on bne right? once u need to xpand alls you gots to do is chop to 9, if hes there you can cat him

Post Mon Dec 04, 2000 3:23 am 
Axolotl

moving to s9

Be careful. S9 CANNOT easily chop or cat 9. The extra trees there make many chops necessary, and if the enemy builds his Hall high at 9 (which is easily dont because of the removed trees) your cat will only be able to splash damage his line a little.

Do you really think they're so bad that you should move? I don't. 6 isn't too bad as long as you place your mill well. 8 is still a little tough because of the wood. As long as you stick your Hall to the right so it's close to the bottom trees, and your mill against the high trees it shouldn't be bad enough to justify moving.

Post Mon Dec 04, 2000 4:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
silent bob

moving to s9

i thought since its bne no one would expect it. theyd probably scout it late so u could get going. also are you saying there are less trees by 9 on old gow, sorry my lazy ass cant open up map editor

Post Mon Dec 04, 2000 6:53 pm 
Jinx

moving to s9

It wouldnt be all that smart to go from 8 to s9 on bne gow cause of the 30k gold mine and what axolt said about the catting that might not work like it does in old gow.

------------------
Jinx

Post Tue Dec 05, 2000 12:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Axolotl

moving to s9

Yep, way less trees on old gow there.

Does being scouted later justify 30k less in a gold mine?

Post Tue Dec 05, 2000 1:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote