FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

What do you think about this strat:

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kamoko

map:gowbne

I build normal, but box with 3 raxes at first, i get 1 or 2 cats inside box, then go straight for lust, if i get attacked, ill pump grunts, and keep going for lust, i dont build flying macines, just use eyes, i build farms out a ways to alert of incoming. what is your opinion of this strat on 2on2gow? Oh i win probably 75% depending on my ally's skillz,
kamoko1

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 1:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Noss

I think since it's gow bne, you will get run over by a 2haller

3 raxes that don't produce right off the bat is a waste of wood. Cats that are built not out of necessity is a waste of resources. Waste waste waste! And since you don't recon early you have no idea what your enemy is up to... In a 2on2 it may be different, since your ally can scout for you.. but you better be able to do something about that 2hall fast, or you will get lust have ogres, and the 2haller will have lust before you and have 10x the amount of ogres you do

---
Noss

[This message has been edited by Noss (edited 10-09-2000).]

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 1:18 pm 
kamoko

Wouldnt you get lust before the two haller? It seems like one hall would have lust faster cause of less resource spent

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 1:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Jza

That won't beat any good player.

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 1:53 pm 
Noss

IF:

Using your strat, you get lust before 2haller...

you have: 2 ogres... w/ LUST! They have: 30 ogres... 2 secs later.. w/ LUST!

IF:

2haller gets lust before you (which, imho will happen the majority of the time)... uh.. you're dead

2hallers have double the resource output that you do.. So they can produce more and not be affected by that production.. you on the other hand, can only devote resources to doing 1 thing: mass ogres, or fast lust; whereas the 2haller has enough to do both.

---
Noss

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 3:12 pm 
kamoko

What is best way to beat 2 haller? You really seem to lean to 2 hall, is it because of 3 rax, or what? I used to 2 hall most of the time, but it seemed so vulnerable to towering, and catting with footmen, that i quit. a duel rush from opponents will hurt too.

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 4:15 pm 
Axolotl

You have ALOT of problems with what you've suggested here. You don't want 3 barracks right away, because...you don't need them.
If you are powering, you don't need any more than 1 rax until your mound is done.

Getting 1 cat is plenty enough for a 1 Hall. 2 cats is useless and a waste of time. If a guy is 2 halling you could probably get away with going no cats.

If...I were to 2 hall on you, and go no defense, I will utterly smoke you to lust, and have 3x as many barracks.
If you want to beat a 2-Hall without hurting them, then 2 hall yourself and get real good at your late game.

If you want to beat a 2hall with your 1 hall, than you have to cat or tower, or find someone to kill one of the enemies cities.

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 4:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
kamoko

i see your point, axoloti, if you can get enough peons going, you should have plenty of defense, do you chop out in a 2on2 to make the 3X of raxes, or do you leave a peon outside your town making farms? how do you get out to build, if your boxed in usually?

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 7:59 pm 
Axolotl

With a 2-hall you will usually have plenty of room behind your wallin. You CAN chop out as soon as you have 2 ogres and just sit in a 2 on 1 setup until you have more, but I still try to build as many barracks as I can fit behind my wallin (much safer that way).
Once you get on the offense than you can go out and stick down a few temples, some more barracks etc.

If you 2 halled with little room, than chop out when you can and start stacking your barracks against the wallin. Use your cannon or cat to defend 'em. A good wallin will have a good repair to hit ratio and allow you to chop out in 1 chop.

Post Mon Oct 09, 2000 8:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SoCxYamon

just looking at random threads because i'm bored, delete these they are embaressing

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:17 am