FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Server.War2.Ru

Vent server!

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
EQ

Vent server!

There a ventrillo server if you want to join us!

Download the client right here:
http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

when it's done open your client and make a name, then enter this information on server!

Name: war2ru
Hostname or ip: 192.168.2.26
port: 3784
Pass: war2ru

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:37 pm 
test

Hate to break the news but that IP is not an internet routable IP. You cant host a vent server on your own machine and then expect others to connect to it using your internal IP silly.

Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:40 pm 
EQ

quote:
Originally posted by test
Hate to break the news but that IP is not an internet routable IP. You cant host a vent server on your own machine and then expect others to connect to it using your internal IP silly.

why not, as i know i already do it.

Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:54 pm 
Tupac

That's your lan bro. I wasn't going to say anything. Download duc client from no-ip and I stead of ip tells us the host you made Wink and don't forget to port forward

Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:01 pm 
EQ

quote:
Originally posted by Tupac
That's your lan bro. I wasn't going to say anything. Download duc client from no-ip and I stead of ip tells us the host you made Wink and don't forget to port forward

Can we talk in private, your help may welcome please.

Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:08 pm 
Tupac

Team Speak server setup

Register a account with no-ip website. Then create a host use defaults setting and choose your free domain. We are going to use this instead of giving an ip we will give a .com or whatever. This is also going to prevent you from giving a new ip when your isp limits expire and the ip changes. You would also need to host the server end 24/7 somewhere. Also make sure to port forward the ip you host the server from. You can edit the port or use defaults in portforwarding.

Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:11 pm 
test

Before attempting to host a Vent server, you should consider that it's NOT the same as a War2 server. Each person will suck up at minimum 48K of your upload speed (64 if you use higher voice qualities). Example, if your upload speed is 1.5mbit (a common speed for cable and dsl), this is ~1500K. If you have 10 people using your connection, you will notice considerable slow down for not only yourself when browsing, playing games, etc, but the vent users will notice skipping voices. Since you live in the middle of no where, your upload is likely only 512 or 768. Remember that UPLOAD is NOT the same as Download speeds. When your ISP tells you that you have a 15MBit/5MBit connection, 5MBit is your upload speed. Upload is almost always listed as the 2nd or lowest number.

Post Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:46 pm 
Tupac

Was waiting for the post above me lol...

Post Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:24 pm