FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Server.War2.Ru

twitch.tv alternative

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
test

twitch.tv alternative

Someone asked me earlier today in-game where I was streaming because he was lookin to watch my games but noticed my stream hadnt had any activity lately. For those that are not up on stream news, twitch.tv mutes all streams that contain "licensed" audio now (I always have pandora going). So since about Jul or so I've been using hitbox.tv instead. It's much better than twitch in a technical sense, its just not nearly as popular. Some of the nicer features are that it allows you to control the stream delay (no longer do you have to wait 30 secs for someone to reply to your video for example), it has an auto-record/save feature that twitch so graciously removed last year, and it's bandwidth pipe is not yet saturated enough to make 1080p 30fps impossible (which is not really viable with twitch anymore given its popularity). There are some other features, such as great documentation that are nice as well. The docs are below.

http://help.hitbox.tv/customer/portal/articles/1320003

So if you dont like the muted audio crap (like myself), switch to something like hitbox.tv.

If you want a link to my hitbox, just msg me here. I'm not here to advertise my own link. Its just something someone in game asked and figured would make a boring forums post.

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:23 pm 
TheSituation

They only mute vods. No one is going to be butt hurt that your vods are muted

Post Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:19 am