FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

nfl and fantasy football 2013-2014 thread

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
~Dakine..HeX

nfl and fantasy football 2013-2014 thread

even though football is the biggest sport by far, it never seems to get any run on these forums?

anyway, here is my fantasy football team. we drafted it this sunday, 12teams, ppr, keeper league

qb: drew brees, ben roethlisberger
rb: matt forte, zac stacy, ray rice, bernard pierce, donald brown
wr: victor cruz, torrey smith, maclin, steve smith, greg jennings
te: antonio gates
k: who cares, ravens guy
d/st: who cares, tampa bay

i think im going to win my league, my team is stacked as fuck i think

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:53 am 
foonat

i think ur team is kind of crappy actually. you have brees so he's amazing, as is forte. stacy is probably a tier 2 back, but beyond that you have a rough group - ray rice and pierce probably will share carries, donald brown is like 3rd string in SD. WR is rough too - Cruz and Torrey are both WR2 in fantasy (although i do think torrey is still improving and baltimore offense should be better), maclin gets hurt from walking down stairs, and steve smith/greg jennings both old and bad. TE is fine (i assume you got him really late)

i have a similar WR situation to you in one league, but i have 3 RB1s i can trot out every week. here's my team

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:09 pm 
foonat

i should also add that how good your team is is hard to assess in a vacuum, as it largely depends on what other people in your league have

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

i agree with you on my WRs, they are not reliable, but I'm not that sad about them either, considering i didnt pick up a WR until the 4th round. Cruz and Smith both will have 30pt games followed by weeks of 0-5 point games, so I need someone from the Maclin-Smith (Steve)-Jennings trio of bench guys to provide a stable option from week to week. Maclin probably will get injured, which isn't a big deal for my team, but if he stays healthy, he could potentially be a top 15 or so WR.

i coudlve had charles instead of forte, and I couldve had a different RB2 instead of brees (like montee ball or demarco murray maybe). But early in fantasy drafts I almost always go chalk. Round 3 I picked up Stacy which I don't even think was a reach, considering he is St. Louis only running back of note, and he is a tremendous goal line finisher. I expect a lot of 60yard-1TD type games out of Stacy, because the team isn't good enough to produce a lot of yards. But he has a great nose for the end zone, runs like a little bowling ball, and is literally the only option in the red zone. It is also a dynasty league, and Stacy is one of my potential keepers because of his age.

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:35 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

also as a chargers fan, I think there is a chance donald brown takes over for ryan matthews. matthews has weak ankles, and also isnt really that great.

not that donald brown is good either, but it was like a 40th round pick

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:36 pm 
TheSilverPoNy

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote